Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark McGhee - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Mark McGhee

I cannot believe the attitude of an ever increasing percentage of Albion fans and North Stand Chat. They say mcGhee out, what a fecking joke.

Mark McGhee has done a miraculous job for Brighton & Hove Albion for the last 28 months.

Promotion in the first season in charge via that unforgettable final in Cardiff. Noone expected the Albion to make an immediate return to the second tier of English football but McGhee achieved it.

Even more remarkable, playing and staying in the Championship. How big an achievement this was seems to have gone over the heads of a significant number of supporters but I would say in all seriousness that it was a greater achievement than Mourinho winning the Premiership at Chelsea. McGhee should have won awards for that achievement.

The side is weaker this season than the other 2 seasons in the second flight. McGhee has had his hand forced to sell ANYONE of value. Virgo, Harding, Cullip, Currie, Knight. 5 main players that made the difference between survival and non survival. Does anyone seriously think McGhee wants to do this. Does anyone think that 4 of those 5 players would not be playing week in week out if McGhee had the option. He has tried to bring players in, established strikers who can keep us up but NOONE WANTS TO COME HERE.

How frustrating for a manager to be in the situation where he cannot build a side due to outside influences. But still we are well in with a chance of staying up with a weaker side through no fault of the manager and continued problems off the pitch.

If and only If we go down you can lay the blame firmly at the door of LEWES DISTRICT COUNCIL. They have taken away any pot of money McGhee had and have thrown another spanner in the works unsettling players and putting people off coming here. They are the real enemy not our great manager who is doing better than anyone else could do in impossible circumstances to keep this side up.

He showed loyalty in this club by signing with all the uncertainty. He had faith in us.

The disgraceful threads on here , less than 2 weeks after the great Leeds win have made me frankly ashamed of certain section of Albion's support.

It about time we ALL gave McGhee total support for the last 14 games and no matter what happens noone could have done better tham McGhee.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
What he said!!

:clap2: :albion: :clap2: :albion: :clap2: :albion: :clap2: :albion: :clap2: :albion: :clap2: :albion: :clap2: :albion: :drink:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You could hardly blame McGhee for walking away and saying feck you then, but he is a bigger man than that and will want to keep us up ( and then tell us to feck off ) and who could blame him.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The f*** off McGhee thread is frankly a complete and total disgrace and I am ashamed that it is showing on a " fans " website.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Spot on Gareth - well said. Some of these treacherous cretins with memories like goldfish should feck off.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Cant blame McGhee for Saturday, I thought he got his tactics right, including the substitutions.

If there has to be blame somewhere, it has to fall on the players shoulders.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Uncle Spielberg said:

It about time we ALL gave McGhee total support for the last 14 games and no matter what happens noone could have done better tham McGhee.

Well said Gareth but particularly this. Like it or not McGhee is here to stay until the end of the season. If we don't get behind the team then we WILL go down and we as supporters need to do better than we did against Coventry.

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Uncle Spielberg said:
The f*** off McGhee thread is frankly a complete and total disgrace and I am ashamed that it is showing on a " fans " website.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Totally agree but then maybe we aren't 'real fans' or as 'passionate' as some of those chumps.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:

Why is it a disgrace?

This is a public forum and people are showing an opinion, the problem is Gubber, you struggle to deal with the fact that people might have one different to yours.

Currently the stick is getting a tad heated, but his track record this season means that criticism is fair enough.

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Why is it a disgrace?

This is a public forum and people are showing an opinion, the problem is Gubber, you struggle to deal with the fact that people might have one different to yours.

Currently the stick is getting a tad heated, but his track record this season means that criticism is fair enough.

For my part I can see where some of the criticism re. line-ups and substitutions comes from. I would just like to think that if it was my overall view that he had to go, that I would be able to articulate that view is a less dismissive, destructive and generally unpleasant manner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here