Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark McCammon & Ian Hart audio link

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I thought Mark came across well and had some good points and good on him for bothering to phone in and argue his case. It shows he cares about himself and the club.

Well done Mark :clap:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Mark did not slag off a single player and he did not slag off the fans why are you saying he did.

Whether he is good enough is not the question but on this occassion sorry Harty but Mark owns you :p

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Im going to listen to that link again, but he was critical that not enough chances were being created by other players.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
When he said "where were the crosses?" that is an indirect criticism of the creative part of the team.

I'm also mindful of CKR's reaction last night to a ball played to him that he gave away. His body language and gestures basically said "What shit sort of pass was that, how am I supposed to do anything with this shit service?"

There is no discernible striking partnership between any combination of strikers at this club, and there doesn't appear to be much of a link-up or coherence between the midfield and the forwards.

Somehow, we need to get more fluency going forward, as we attack like a bunch of strangers in a pick-up match in Regent's Park.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
What a good guy.My opinion of him has changed, the boy needs a long run, he's hungry,passionate and spot on about the fans.Also it's clear he would never come on the radio and say the midfield is shit,he's saying in the circumstances we are in are limiting his chances and to blame him solely like that twat Harty did is wrong.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot see how people are saying McCammon won the day although he couldn't be co-erced into blaming his team mates his insinuation was that they were the ones to blame and not him. He says he needs 8 games to get fit, but we haven't got enough games left to wait that long as it would leave us needing to win all of our last few games.

It is obvious to anybody with any iota of vison that he is not good enough for this division, except of course LI, and as a consequence MM wants to move him on. He is hardly going to go up a level so the only alternative is down to Div 1 or 2. The problem with this is that he will be expected to score in those divisions having dropped from the CCC and perhaps he doesn't have the faith in his own ability that he will be able to do that.

The crux came in Harty's last statement go out and prove me wrong and I am sure that if he does Harty will be the first to say so on SCR.

Last edited:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I'd rather see him being excellent and brave on the pitch.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
What I'd read on here and what I just listened to don't bear much relation.

I certainly don't think he said anything that should jeopardise his future with the club.

His points about the fans were spot on. He didn't really criticise the team any more than he might have done in a normal interview (strikers often whinge about service). In fact, I'd have thought he did team spirit a favour if anything by calling one everyone to pull in the same direction.

OK, McGhee might not be happy that he's aired his grievance about not wanting to go on loan to a lower division club, but it was hardly a rant against the manager. You'd assume there was nothing there that McGhee didn't already know.

A storm in a tea-cup in my view.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Uncle Spielberg said:
I thought Mark came across well and had some good points and good on him for bothering to phone in and argue his case. It shows he cares about himself and the club.

Well done Mark :clap:

I agree with this 100%, if he didn't care about the club he wouldn't have taken the time to call in. I have been one of his biggest critics but it's true he's never had more than a couple of games to prove himself, I'm hoping he starts on Saturday and translates some of the passion in his phone call into his performance on the pitch.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
well I have just listened to that and that is one very angry man having never seen him play I won't comment on his playing ability but will say just this when he is fit get him in the team because he is just busting a gut to prove people wrong.

there was passion in his voice.
if you look at this mark,try and convert that to actions on the pitch.
brave boy to go on there and put your point.
good luck whatever you do,but I for one would like you fit and doing the bussiness,for the albion.:bowdown:

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
BensGrandad said:
I cannot see how people are saying McCammon won the day although he couldn't be co-erced into blaming his team mates his insinuation was that they were the ones to blame and not him. He says he needs 8 games to get fit, but we haven't got enough games left to wait that long as it would leave us needing to win all of our last few games.

It is obvious to anybody with any iota of vison that he is not good enough for this division, except of course LI, and as a consequence MM wants to move him on. He is hardly going to go up a level so the only alternative is down to Div 1 or 2. The problem with this is that he will be expected to score in those divisions having dropped from the CCC and perhaps he doesn't have the faith in his own ability that he will be able to do that.

The crux came in Harty's last statement go out and prove me wrong and I am sure that if he does Harty will be the first to say so on SCR.

Sopt on, it is stange how people change their opinions very quickly. When he was on trial at Watfor there was a thread on here and everyone was saying, we might as well let him go. Just because he make an appearance on radio, people suddenly start thinking he is the best thing since sliced bread. All Harty was saying is what we were all thinking and it also resembled 90% of what has previously been said about him on here.

Albion Dan said:
The funny thing is now, the Anti McGhee brigade are also largely the vocal Anti McCammon brigade so now they must be feeling very confused about who to back on this one :lolol:

And what about the pro-McGhee and pro-Big Mac brigade? We're absolutely f***ed! :lolol:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Listened to it again - Harty comes across as a cock. McCammon is not the brightest spark, but Harty was turned inside out. If McCammon could turn defenders the way he spun Harty, he would be a 15 goal a season player!

If McCammon is out of favour with MM, then he won't get the chance to prove Harty wrong, and Harty knows that.

McCammon is not the best thing since sliced bread, we know that, but the way he is being treated is appalling - the negativity must be contagious.

Look, I have never hosted a radio programme in my life, but I am pretty sure that I have the ability to decide what makes a good presenter, and Harty is not cutting it. Send him somewhere else, BBC East Anglia or something, because he is clearly not cut out for coping with a radio show at this level.

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
I agree with McCammon's view on our Home support as at times it can be dull. BUT, the conditions were freezing last night and we are exposed to the conditions due to the Withdean. Tuesday night games never seem to have the same atmosphere as Saturday afternoons in my view.

Has he ever been to Away games? The Support there is magnificent.

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
HampshireSeagulls said:
Listened to it again - Harty comes across as a cock. McCammon is not the brightest spark, but Harty was turned inside out. If McCammon could turn defenders the way he spun Harty, he would be a 15 goal a season player!

If McCammon is out of favour with MM, then he won't get the chance to prove Harty wrong, and Harty knows that.

McCammon is not the best thing since sliced bread, we know that, but the way he is being treated is appalling - the negativity must be contagious.

Look, I have never hosted a radio programme in my life, but I am pretty sure that I have the ability to decide what makes a good presenter, and Harty is not cutting it. Send him somewhere else, BBC East Anglia or something, because he is clearly not cut out for coping with a radio show at this level.

No mention of all the negativity expressed on this website - when people were saying he was awful and he couldn't cut it at this level. All Harty was doing was saying what everyone else had said. Its like blaming McCammon for the team doing badly, we can't blame Harty for all the negativity. He was expressing an opinion the majority of people have.

HampshireSeagulls said:

But it's a curious win-win situation for Harty. I agree he was owned by Big Mac big style, but I would imagine his BBC bosses will be very happy with his night's work after unwittingly provoking this amount of attention for the phone-in.

The meeja - you can't really beat 'em in the end, valiantly as Big Mac tried :)

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Are people seriously backing McCammon on this over Harty?

I can't believe that. I think Harty handled himself very well. He was expressing an opinion that he backed up with some decent arguments. If you pay money then you are entitled to your opinion. Does McCammon really justify the money he takes home is a different issue to wether he is good enough for this standard. Harty stuck to his guns and I believe won the argument. Its not like he said "He's rubbish and just is..." He gave a reason, a sensible reason, a lot of people agree with.

McCammon on the other hand blamed injuries and his service, when quite frankly you could play McCammon upfront for Real Madrid - with Zidane knocking balls into him all day, and he would still come a cropper.

Well Done Harty.

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
Biscuit said:
Are people seriously backing McCammon on this over Harty?

I can't believe that. I think Harty handled himself very well. He was expressing an opinion that he backed up with some decent arguments. If you pay money then you are entitled to your opinion. Does McCammon really justify the money he takes home is a different issue to wether he is good enough for this standard. Harty stuck to his guns and I believe won the argument. Its not like he said "He's rubbish and just is..." He gave a reason, a sensible reason, a lot of people agree with.

McCammon on the other hand blamed injuries and his service, when quite frankly you could play McCammon upfront for Real Madrid - with Zidane knocking balls into him all day, and he would still come a cropper.

Well Done Harty.

Exactly, people have short term memory's on here. It was not so long ago they were all saying the same thinks about him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here