Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mark farren

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Good finish. What is the standard like in comparison to League 1?

Similar on the whole. Starts to degrade woefully down the leagues though, but Derry are towards the top.

I believe Farren has experience of European football which its unlikely any of the rest of the lads here do!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Theres about 4 games left in the season here and Derry are *possibly* going part-time next season (to avert possible financial issues rather than because of them, sensibly). If he's facing a winter of no football and no pay, he'll be off out of there.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
No! :lol: I haven't seen any of it, so I wouldn't like to comment. I was unsure as to how much access you would have to League One football over in Ireland.

There doesn't seem to be a great deal of transfer activity between the two countries, but that does work both ways I guess.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
No! :lol: I haven't seen any of it, so I wouldn't like to comment. I was unsure as to how much access you would have to League One football over in Ireland.

There doesn't seem to be a great deal of transfer activity between the two countries, but that does work both ways I guess.

Sky, and Irish Ferries.

Theres very little money in the League here, as a result few players get bought over from England. Theres also tax incentives that cause players that have played for a while here to be very reluctant to move - they get back their ten best years tax payments when they retire from the govt. assuming they've played at least ten years here. As a result theres not huge movement between leagues but theres quite a bit of movement between the NI pub league, erm, Premiership and also the Scottish system.

The eircom League ended up with a team in the UEFA Cup proper this year, as well as a team losing fairly narrowly to Dinamo Kiev in the 3rd qualifying of the CL (six games to get there - not a one-off performance).

candystripe

Oct 29, 2008
as already posted a good irish team would probably be (lower) league one standard,

but farren is definitely one of the leagues best. its an overused comparison but remember kevin doyle was playing league of ireland not too long ago

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
as already posted a good irish team would probably be (lower) league one standard,

but farren is definitely one of the leagues best. its an overused comparison but remember kevin doyle was playing league of ireland not too long ago

And kevin Doyle is stupidly over-rated.
Irish top Division=English Ryman league(without doubt)

Irish talent plays in England end of story.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here