Votes: 36 49.3%
  • That was BAD for Britain

Votes: 37 50.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Simster said:
So a bit like Renault and especially Fiat. Two car companies "supported by the tax payer" that are losing money hand over fist at the moment, but whose governments see fit to support in any way that they can because it means 30,000 direct employees being OFF THE DOLE QUEUE. Whatsmore, I'll BET that Fiat will stay in Italian hands in the long run and has a future.

Sure, British Leyland cars were crap, but a quality PM would have got to grips with the unions WITHOUT stripping them of their livelihood, IMO. It doesn't take brilliance to shut down entire industries.

Sure my memory isnt as great as it was, but I sure as hell dont remember Margret Hilda Thatcher closing down British Leyland.

The common consensus what that it was over militant trade unions ( remember Derek Robinson) and an unapealling and unreliable model range ( Allegro, Princess, etc).

I couldnt give a toss how the italian or franch economies are run. They are currently in deep shit with double our unemployment rate. They have yet to go through the adjustments & pain we went through in the 80s.

I'd much rather run the economy the current British way thanks very much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here