Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Marc Cucurella

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
To be fair he will get at least a January transfer window as there’s a few players there he definitely won’t be keen on. Sterling looks a big problem for them as their big signing in the summer he’s been poor all season and now being asked to do more defensively which he seems to not want to / can’t do.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Had a Spurs fan friend texting me tonight about how bad Biss is and who they might loan him out to / can we send the bit of Biss they bought but has clearly been left behind at the Amex etc. Big time Charlie’s expect a lot more from him than they’ve seen that’s for sure.
Now we have lost Mwepu, I'd love to have Bissouma back

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
And so disorganised and outplayed from the first minute. Yes it happened to us but Potter was able to stem the tide by some quick tactical changes that the players accepted and got on with.
Strikes me that he’ll have a problem with the egos of Sterling, Mount, and others who play when and how they like. It’ll be interesting to see if Chelsea support Potter or force him to stick with the egos. A big test for his emotional intelligence skills!
Watching Pulisic and Sterling trying to play wing back - what a laugh!! Especilally Pulisic - couldn't have made it clearer that he didn't want to be covering for Chalobah. The contrast to how Gross and Solly worked together was HUGE!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I thoroughly enjoyed all the booing, chants against Potter and the atmosphere it generated. It was the most enjoyable game for a long time. We need to engineer some kind of grievance against every team we play.

However, as someone earlier alluded to, we do need the players we sell to succeed otherwise we won't get top dollar for them.

Contes rigid, ultra disciplined style of football is not a great fit for bissouma. I wouldn't be surprised to see him team up with Potter again. His energy, effort, ability and drive would benefit the Chelsea midfield the way Kante's does when he's fit.

Unlike many on this thread I don't have too much against Cucurella. The move was clumsily dealt with on his side but he wasn't the first and won't be the last to do that. He was excellent for us last season and given time will do well at Chelsea. Whether he'll be afforded it is another question.

The same goes for Potter. He'll do well at Chelsea if given time. I'm not sure how much he'll get. He seems to have the same approach as he had with us, trying players in positions that don't appear a natural fit and chopping and changing starting line ups. From what I've read from Chelsea fans I'm not sure he'll get that time. They're a fan base used to changing Manager every year or two and that having no effect on their success.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
And so disorganised and outplayed from the first minute. Yes it happened to us but Potter was able to stem the tide by some quick tactical changes that the players accepted and got on with.
Strikes me that he’ll have a problem with the egos of Sterling, Mount, and others who play when and how they like. It’ll be interesting to see if Chelsea support Potter or force him to stick with the egos. A big test for his emotional intelligence skills!
not sure i'd blame Sterling's ego asked to play such a defensive wide position, just isnt his game. Cururella should be playing there, or LB in a back four. this is on Potter apparently insisting on playing a back three when he doesnt have 3 CB, then messing up the rest of the team balance.

Edit: see Potter has said it was wrong to play Sterling and Pulisic as wing backs, and he'll learn from it. :rolleyes: :lolol:

Last edited:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'm actually doubting his emotional intelligence. He has studied it, but I'm not sure he actually has it himself. Otherwise he would understand the fans booed Cucu specifically and the others by association with Chelsea. Although that 's only my interpretation.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I'm actually doubting his emotional intelligence. He has studied it, but I'm not sure he actually has it himself. Otherwise he would understand the fans booed Cucu specifically and the others by association with Chelsea. Although that 's only my interpretation.

Maybe there were more modules on the course than he realised

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
On MOTD Ian Wright said Cucu was one for the dustbin, although not sure if he just meant just his performance yesterday.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Saw a Chelsea fan say that Potter has "mugged himself off" by selling Cucurella first then moving to the same club himself. I liked that turn of phrase and can't believe how poor Cucurella was compared to when he played for us.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ten years of service...

stay classy.
Everyone at Chelsea FC was fair game yesterday - the poisonous atmosphere at the Amex was undoubtedly a factor in them getting collectively dry-humped.

Bruno and the gang made their choice, and we let them know what we thought of it. And it worked. Job done, everyone goes home happy.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Everyone at Chelsea FC was fair game yesterday - the poisonous atmosphere at the Amex was undoubtedly a factor in them getting collectively dry-humped.

Bruno and the gang made their choice, and we let them know what we thought of it. And it worked. Job done, everyone goes home happy.
No doubt did it play a role. Strange how the fans role is only percieved to be important when winning games though :shrug:

It did work, yes. Whether it will be sensible in the long term remains to be seen.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
No doubt did it play a role. Strange how the fans role is only percieved to be important when winning games though :shrug:

It did work, yes. Whether it will be sensible in the long term remains to be seen.
We know enough about football folk these days to know that if people want work or more money then a few boos won’t put them off returning. Ask Glenn Murray

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
We know enough about football folk these days to know that if people want work or more money then a few boos won’t put them off returning. Ask Glenn Murray
Not everyone got the relaxed, "love-a-good-banter" personality of Glenn Murray.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here