Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Marc Cucurella

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
No sympathy from me. Had a stressful week (of my own making) and shouted boo loudly at every opportunity. The most energised I've been in ages. Line 'em up. Harding Pritchard and now Cucu. We, the fans, need to make the Amex a hostile place to visit every time.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Looked like he was crying when he took his place on the bench (I did have a fleeting modicum of sympathy for him at that point)
Tough

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
No sympathy from me. Had a stressful week (of my own making) and shouted boo loudly at every opportunity. The most energised I've been in ages. Line 'em up. Harding Pritchard and now Cucu. We, the fans, need to make the Amex a hostile place to visit every time.
What seems to have gone under the radar is that Bruno didn’t get any abuse - which is nice.

You earn respect, often through loyalty, decency and honesty (Cucu pls note) and has little to do with ability and money.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Looked like he was crying when he took his place on the bench (I did have a fleeting modicum of sympathy for him at that point)
DC5E0BA5-0BDF-4CF3-898C-D057FE1082CF.jpeg

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Was a bit sad to see how much Cucu has regressed (well, not that sad but some of you might know what I mean!)

Where was the player we had? He was pants yesterday, whereas last year he was nothing but sheer quality

Oh well, he should have stayed but became too 'bigtime' in his mind and the club were too small for him in his opinion. Dick

Cuca gets loads of bad press from the media especially the commentary team. Seems like a square peg in a round hole with their formation. Maybe he's another Maupay who's on top of the world when playing well and getting rave reviews but when he suffers a little turn of form and it compounds. He has been sacrificed multiple times now in games from what I hear and I do wonder, if Potter wasn't his boss if he would have been dropped for a bit.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Cuca gets loads of bad press from the media especially the commentary team. Seems like a square peg in a round hole with their formation. Maybe he's another Maupay who's on top of the world when playing well and getting rave reviews but when he suffers a little turn of form and it compounds. He has been sacrificed multiple times now in games from what I hear and I do wonder, if Potter wasn't his boss if he would have been dropped for a bit.
It’s simple really. He’s not an LCB. He’s a LB / LWB. So why Potter persistently is trying to play him as a LCB and subbing him at 35 / 45 / 55 mins is a bit baffling. I suspect that experiment will now stop and he’ll be fighting for a place with Chilwell.

But also I think Chelsea do have a bit of a CB shortage at the moment any way , but I don’t care enough to research that properly :)

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Was a bit sad to see how much Cucu has regressed (well, not that sad but some of you might know what I mean!)

Where was the player we had? He was pants yesterday, whereas last year he was nothing but sheer quality

Oh well, he should have stayed but became too 'bigtime' in his mind and the club were too small for him in his opinion. Dick
Yep. Also, where was the manager we had? I can't remember a Potter Brighton side get outplayed like that for so long

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yep. Also, where was the manager we had? I can't remember a Potter Brighton side get outplayed like that for so long
As someone commented after the game, he was giving instructions from the touchline and players were ignoring him, if so, he’s in trouble

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It’s simple really. He’s not an LCB. He’s a LB / LWB. So why Potter persistently is trying to play him as a LCB and subbing him at 35 / 45 / 55 mins is a bit baffling. I suspect that experiment will now stop and he’ll be fighting for a place with Chilwell.

But also I think Chelsea do have a bit of a CB shortage at the moment any way , but I don’t care enough to research that properly :)
And so disorganised and outplayed from the first minute. Yes it happened to us but Potter was able to stem the tide by some quick tactical changes that the players accepted and got on with.
Strikes me that he’ll have a problem with the egos of Sterling, Mount, and others who play when and how they like. It’ll be interesting to see if Chelsea support Potter or force him to stick with the egos. A big test for his emotional intelligence skills!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here