Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Marc Cucurella

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It's over for Cucu imho. He was a good but flawed player here who had the potential to really develop. This season would've ruined him. I suspect there's no way back. Mediocre career from here on out.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The guy’s head was turned. Player of the year and all that hype. An agent who capitalised on a huge payout and untold millions for someone who couldn’t even make the Spain squad. Is he happy with what has happened, who knows?

I forgot about that aspect and yet the world’s most expensive FB with Hakimi and Hernandez.

Boehly … what a tit, he thought gazumping ManC was cute business.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Never know if true or not of course but if that is true… 😬
Just the £9m per annum.

9565272D-246B-4AED-AA46-D76FB5CC5789.png

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Never believe these things on wages. Sure they’re not far off but just had 2 posters (@Biscuit Barrel ) say 40k a week difference in a matter of minutes… Def guesswork the we sites / reports.
Spotrac and others are total guesswork here but very accurate in the US where you’re declaring against a salary cap.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Fully fit and still couldn’t make the squad of 20 today! What a decline/waste.

City are desperately short of a left back now, I wonder if Pep will be tempted to go back in for him in the summer? They’re probably one of the only teams who could afford him now and he’ll be desperate to go.
If we have a fat sell on clause, I’d be very pleased about this indeed. I actually think Citeh could get him for around £35m and that Pep could reprogram him to be good again.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If we have a fat sell on clause, I’d be very pleased about this indeed. I actually think Citeh could get him for around £35m and that Pep could reprogram him to be good again.
Well, if City get him for £35m (or anything under £60m) then we wouldn’t be getting anything from a sell-on.
They are only ever based on a % of profit, over the original selling price.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well, if City get him for £35m (or anything under £60m) then we wouldn’t be getting anything from a sell-on.
They are only ever based on a % of profit, over the original selling price.
You sure about that? Swear on loads of deals I’ve heard of clubs getting x % and being based on the fee? Surely there's different bespoke sell on clauses and not all following the deal you say?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Never believe these things on wages. Sure they’re not far off but just had 2 posters (@Biscuit Barrel ) say 40k a week difference in a matter of minutes… Def guesswork the we sites / reports.
I never do, but they’re indicative.

Dismissive folk always say it’s much lower. Which doesn’t fit in when the published accounts for all football clubs reveal a huge payroll spend. Sometimes anecdotal stuff leaks out eg Mane’s agent revealed that LFC’s wage was much higher than all the folk had guessed … said because the media said he went to Bayern partly for a pay rise.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
You sure about that? Swear on loads of deals I’ve heard of clubs getting x % and being based on the fee? Surely there's different bespoke sell on clauses and not all following the deal you say?
The sell on is normally based on the success element only being a % of the fee above the what the original buying club paid.

It makes sense, as imagine offloading Cucu to say a West Ham for £30m and having to pay us more as well when it’s already been a poor outcome

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think you can pretty much rule out a sell on clause when the player was sold for an amount like that

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The sell on is normally based on the success element only being a % of the fee above the what the original buying club paid.

It makes sense, as imagine offloading Cucu to say a West Ham for £30m and having to pay us more as well when it’s already been a poor outcome
You say ‘usually’ - HKFC said ‘only ever’ - intrigued to know the answer or how sure you both are like 👍

Only article I found was this one which suggests it can be either, but not a clue how reliable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here