Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Hair envy?

Ex pro's really need to learn to keep their mouths shut sometimes. I don't really care about Cucurella now he's not playing for us but how is it helpful to continually criticise a player like this especially if he plays for a team you support (or played for, its not like an everyday fan on twitter ranting as that's very unlikely to create headlines, but when its an ex pro that generates a lot of noise). He's not the only one who's not performing for Chelsea so its incredibly unfair to single him out.

Plus seeing as he played for a side that finished 9th last season, and Chelsea are currently 9th he seems perfect for that level.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Boooooo!

Wait. What? Are we starting to feel sorry for Cucu now? Can't we loathe him for next season too? Booing ex-players who left under a cloud is my main stress releaser.
I certainly don't feel sorry for him despite my earlier message and will continue to boo him when he plays against us as it will hopefully lead to another performance like the one he had in our 4-1 win.

I just don't think its helpful ex pro's kicking players/teams they used to play for when things are going badly, the noise can't help the player/team and i'm surprised there isn't more backlash from fans in terms of telling them to get behind the team etc. That applies to any club, of course it won't happen with entitled Chelsea/big 6 fans.

Could you imagine Bobby Zamora or someone similar expressing those sort of views about a player struggling here?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ex pro's really need to learn to keep their mouths shut sometimes. I don't really care about Cucurella now he's not playing for us but how is it helpful to continually criticise a player like this especially if he plays for a team you support (or played for, its not like an everyday fan on twitter ranting as that's very unlikely to create headlines, but when its an ex pro that generates a lot of noise). He's not the only one who's not performing for Chelsea so its incredibly unfair to single him out.

Plus seeing as he played for a side that finished 9th last season, and Chelsea are currently 9th he seems perfect for that level.
100%

One of the few ways ex-pro has-been can stay relevant….

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Fully fit and still couldn’t make the squad of 20 today! What a decline/waste.

City are desperately short of a left back now, I wonder if Pep will be tempted to go back in for him in the summer? They’re probably one of the only teams who could afford him now and he’ll be desperate to go.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

City are desperately short of a left back now, I wonder if Pep will be tempted to go back in for him in the summer? They’re probably one of the only teams who could afford him now and he’ll be desperate to go.
Nah, he has Palace loan next season stamped all over him now.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

He’s surely worth £15-£20mil tops so not sure about the last bit…

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He’s surely worth £15-£20mil tops so not sure about the last bit…
Talking about wages. Though I’m sure Chelsea would want and expect to get back more than that anyway.

No one in Spain or any other European countries will be able to afford his wages so his options will be very limited. This is the big problem Chelsea are going to face going forward with their recent transfer policy. My heart bleeds.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Talking about wages. Though I’m sure Chelsea would want and expect to get back more than that anyway.

No one in Spain or any other European countries will be able to afford his wages so his options will be very limited. This is the big problem Chelsea are going to face going forward with their recent transfer policy. My heart bleeds.
Ah yeh good point. Prob on silly silly money like them all. FFP will screw them mark my words.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
With that investment, they're going to have to give him another year unless some other fantastic solution randomly pops out of the blue.

I wasn't his biggest fan when playing for Brighton. Too one footed and not particularly good at crossing. Very good defensively though.

The fee was a robbery. I feel he could be a decent squad player for them but I struggle to see him ever becoming a guaranteed starter there.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
There's a lot of hate for Mr Potter on this thread. Not such a good look.
Not from me. I think unless Boehly really does give him the time to turn this around, he will go down in history as someone who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Chelsea had mega rich new owners who for whatever reason didn't like their existing manager, who had recently delivered the biggest prize in European football. Potter was getting rave reviews in the press following our end to the previous season and the start of this. I still think there was no way he could turn down the money they were willing to pay. He was possibly a bit naive in not realising the level of unpleasantness he would be subject to. Boehly and to a lesser extent Chelsea FC are the villains here!! I have this vision of Boehly having a copy of "Running a football club for Dummies" in his office.
Although I wouldn't want him back I genuinely wish him well if and when he goes somewhere other than Chelsea.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Another famous Brighton player of the season who then turned to shit after they left 😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here