Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Marc Cucurella

Last minute snag alert!

My non-existent source has told me there are logistical issues with the sourcing and delivery of Cucu-Wigs for the club shop in time for the Everton game.

Looks like this one is going to the wire.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So no news for a few days on Cucu or Nunez - unless I’ve missed it in between the ramblings on both threads :facepalm:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
No. Doesn't look like anything is going to materialise now I suspect. Happy enough though with what we've got. Roll on Saturday.

On the contrary, I think it makes both moves more likely.

There is always a period of seemingly nothing happening with our transfers. Our clubs business is so tight these days that I really don’t expect every little detail and a running commentary
to be reported on SSN, the Argus, or the Athletic.

Hold the nerve, at least 2 new players by Tuesday night.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Naylor says not quite yet.

"Nothing significant has changed...
https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorBHAFC/status/1430896548892725259

...but a lot can happen in 128 hours"

And he would know more than me to be fair. Though I was joking :)

If this doesn't go through then the annoying thing will be that the club have been effectively trolling those of us who add 2 and 2 to get 5, what with their friendly game with Getafe and moving on of Karbownik. Whereas with Edouard I think there's really only been one circular rumour between the Record and NSC with each party reporting the other as a source and no actual interest at all!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What’s this fuzzy haired scrotes agent playing at.

It’s The Albion….. show some respect.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'll be in Cloud Cucu land when he SINGS! :)

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
We already have a player who wins a lot of free kicks. Not because he goes down easily, but because he runs directly with speed at opponents. This is the table for most fouled players in the league from February 2021

https://www.footballcritic.com/news/who-are-the-most-fouls-players-in-the-premier-leaguec-78580/3026

Having powerful, quick and direct runners on each side is presumably the plan. It would give us the opportunity to break more quickly and operate in space rather than in the very crowded areas that have contributed to last season's disappointing chance conversion rate. If opponents respond by bringing down the wingbacks, then as has been said, call for Pascal and fill the box with giant centre backs (and who knows, maybe a 6'2'' striker?). The plan seems very exciting. If we can pull off these two signings and get a fully fit Tariq back in the side, this could be our first ever top flight season where we didn't have to spend the season looking over our shoulder.

Whilst I agree, Lamptey has been injured more than he's been playable since he arrived. Cucurella is similar to Lamptey in the respect he's deceptively quick, wins a lot of fouls and is as good in attack as he is in defence, but he is much more experienced and a bit of a shithouse and I'm all for it.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
We need to find a player who can hit the target with a direct free kick as well. It's been a while. I think our last goal direct from a free kick might be Gross v Everton at home, or March v Millwall (if that really counts).

Good Shout! Dunk against Liverpool and West Brom though..

We don't get many direct free kicks to score though and I think Bissouma is on them so they're either flying into the net or flying down to Brighton Marina

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Whilst I agree, Lamptey has been injured more than he's been playable since he arrived. Cucurella is similar to Lamptey in the respect he's deceptively quick, wins a lot of fouls and is as good in attack as he is in defence, but he is much more experienced and a bit of a shithouse and I'm all for it.

Nothing deceptive about Lamptey's pace. He's got legs like Billy Whizz.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Marc Cucurella

https://twitter.com/AJWood16/status/1431355949122531333

Have been told by a source in Spain that Norwich have registered an interest in Brighton target Marc Cucurella. The left-back would prefer a move to the Albion, but Getafe are remaining firm on their stance that he'll only leave if someone pays his release clause in full. #BHAFC

No chance.

Norwich just signed Brandon Williams on loan to play in the same position and United wouldn’t have let him go without some assurance about game time.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
https://twitter.com/AJWood16/status/1431355949122531333

Have been told by a source in Spain that Norwich have registered an interest in Brighton target Marc Cucurella. The left-back would prefer a move to the Albion, but Getafe are remaining firm on their stance that he'll only leave if someone pays his release clause in full. #BHAFC

Same guy reported “his sources” in Spain said we paid the release clause 3 days ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here