Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I like how some City fans on Twitter are saying how ridiculous it is they are going through this with little old Brighton, they will take less than 50 we are the big bad City, etc etc. I didn't think I could hate City fans any more than I already did....but that has changed. Just smug, arrogant pricks and I wouldn't piss one em if they were on fire.

Keep holding firm TB as I know you will.

Most entitled lot out there, can't believe it but i think I prefer united these days.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The delay is probably more about waiting for us to find a replacement, when we do I expect the Cucu deal to move fairly quickly

Realistically I think that is a large part of it.
I note Tagliafico is holding back on a (potentially agreed) move pending a possible bid from an EPL club.
I don’t for a second expect a deal for Cucu to be reached at £30m but wouldn’t be surprised if there was agreement at £40m plus significant undisclosed add-ons as a ManCity face-saver.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
A lot of talk about holding firm etc but why would Cucurella want to stay here if City made serious approaches? He can win cups ,medals, play in the champions league pass the ball to Haaland instead of Maupay. :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Man City want a cheap left back I suggest they try League 2.

It's quite simple

If Man City want a left back for only £30m.
Man City need to start scouting £20m rated left backs.

Man City's game.
Man City's rules.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
A lot of talk about holding firm etc but why would Cucurella want to stay here if City made serious approaches? He can win cups ,medals, play in the champions league pass the ball to Haaland instead of Maupay. :shrug:

Which is precisely why City feel they can low-ball us.
Rumoured they’ve already spoken to the player’s representatives - seems to be a thing these days

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Obviously he'd like to move to City or some other super team. Every player wants that - money, titles, glory. But I get the impression that he feels enough for Brighton to tolerate staying without making a big thing out of it if a bid or two is rejected.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

But imagine going into work and having to put up with Jack Grealish everyday. No thanks.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm loving lines like... "Brighton, it's £35m, take it or leave it!"

Ok, we'll leave it then.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

Oh the player would go in a heartbeat I'm sure, they haven't made a serious approach though have they? The only way he stays is if they don't cough up.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
You could argue much over 50 million is probably a bit too much, but 30 million?! If there’s any truth in that it’s absolutely not going to happen.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm loving lines like... "Brighton, it's £35m, take it or leave it!"

Ok, we'll leave it then.

Yup.

He is worth £50m+ TO US BECAUSE we have no one like him and had been trying to sign a top Left Back since Bridge left.

If they don’t like our valuation they can **** off. What part of ‘we do not want to sell’ don’t they get?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

Think we would feel a bit more pressured about that situation if he only had 2 years left on his contract but he has 4.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
Yup.

He is worth £50m+ TO US BECAUSE we have no one like him and had been trying to sign a top Left Back since Bridge left.

If they don’t like our valuation they can **** off. What part of ‘we do not want to sell’ don’t they get?

This is the nub of it.

There may be others of course but Man City fans must realise that they will get ripped off, because they have been complicit and implemented to their benefit the business model that makes them so cock-sure they will get their player becuase in the end they often do. If they think that there is a risk of someone else buying him now or the next 6 -12 months, they will pay the money ultimately. If they believe that there are better value alternatives, they will go and get them. It's not hard to understand. But the selling club's position will be different for all the reasons others have said - current contract, replacement lined-up?; likelihood of others being interested? Other assets to sell? Recent sales? i.e. the value that the player has to us, regardless of market value - and that value to us right now is apparently £50m+ or higher. He maybe more next year. I still think we will hold this year unless we are very confident on a replacement.being found. Matt Clarke as a flying left back, a la Dan Burn anyone??

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Is that relevant in terms of the player's desire?

So we price him out of a move to City, do you honestly think he will refuse to play for us. We had it before, Dunk, Stephens even Bissouma.
Cucu may not be happy with getting his move but im sure he will continue to perform like last season. He signed a 5 year deal with us, no player is to big for this club.

Isl not on record as saying his dream move would be to Barcelona.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Is that relevant in terms of the player's desire?
Honestly Cucurella’s desire, whatever that means, is barely relevant right now. Firstly he signed a five year contract a year ago and had four years left to run. Maybe in a year or two he will get a “dream” move, but remember Lamptey came from Chelsea because he wanted to play football. Maybe Cucurella’s desire is to settle in Brighton for a couple of years, but whatever he hopes might happen medium to long term, it will take a monumental bid to take him to City, £60M including add ons, which I don’t see City paying. If they pay it, I think TB will reluctantly let him go. If they bid under TB’s valuation, whatever that may be, then he will go, but Cucurella’s desire / feelings / hopes etc. have got nothing to do with it. Although I suspect he’d be happy to stay another year at least. UTA.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here