Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The ONE good thing about oil teams like Man City and Newcastle who distort the competition is that other teams can absolutely rinse them for transfer fees.

It is our "compensation" in effect.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
A lot of talk about holding firm etc but why would Cucurella want to stay here if City made serious approaches? He can win cups ,medals, play in the champions league pass the ball to Haaland instead of Maupay. :shrug:

Good thing it’s not his decision

Also downing tools with a 4 year contract isn’t wise, I don’t think he would by the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
The guy who wrote the article has been regurgitating online rumours in the Argus for a year or more about players, I have seen NOTHING that he wrote that had any credibility or came across as him being ITK, it’s all regurgitation

Fabrizio Romano - a man who converses with his own reflection before posting vague, mostly regurgitated rumours.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fabrizio Romano - a man who converses with his own reflection before posting vague, mostly regurgitated rumours.

I am talking about Henry Tomlinson, regurgitating Romano rumours which may or may not be regurgitated too :smile:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
So we price him out of a move to City, do you honestly think he will refuse to play for us. We had it before, Dunk, Stephens even Bissouma.
Cucu may not be happy with getting his move but im sure he will continue to perform like last season. He signed a 5 year deal with us, no player is to big for this club.

Isl not on record as saying his dream move would be to Barcelona.

He will be a model professional. At the same time, who can't imagine him glancing a look at the LB they do sign, who isn't as good as him, winning the Premier league title, playing in the latter stages of the Champions League, and feeling a little bit sad that it's not him.

I couldn't begrudge him the move, it may never come round again. And to be honest, the 50m pound fee may never come round again for us.

We won't sell him cheap for those reasons, but I expect a deal will be done, also for those reasons

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
So applying the logic of Blue Moon if for argument sake we wanted Nathan Ake, your telling me it would be Cucurella Plus £10m?

Sounds delusional

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
He will be a model professional. At the same time, who can't imagine him glancing a look at the LB they do sign, who isn't as good as him, winning the Premier league title, playing in the latter stages of the Champions League, and feeling a little bit sad that it's not him.

I couldn't begrudge him the move, it may never come round again. And to be honest, the 50m pound fee may never come round again for us.

We won't sell him cheap for those reasons, but I expect a deal will be done, also for those reasons

Or he could stay have a great season and city come back for him for £70m

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Isl not on record as saying his dream move would be to Barcelona.

Given they seem to be spending money like water at the moment then we’re probably days away from them putting £100m on the table.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I just can’t see us taking a player like Tavares on loan. Our model is to develop younger players and sell them at profit. We are much more likely to sign an obscure youngster and stick them on the bench/play them than develop a rivals prospects.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Been a while since I've been on but here is how I think it'll play out.

Bloom will let him go with a £55+ offer

Alternatively, we have Cucu for another season allowing us to get a quality LB, Cucu I suspect will be aware we'll let him go for the right offer but nothing less seeing as he only signed last year!

Cucu will be happy with this as he gets guaranteed games in readiness for the WC and his family don't have to up root within 1 year of moving

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
as much as want to keep him , city are mad if they spend 50m + on Cucu.

I mean he's good but he isnt world class which is what they desire

Perhaps you ought to Google how much they spent on a bloke currently playing prison football

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Been a while since I've been on but here is how I think it'll play out.

Bloom will let him go with a £55+ offer

Alternatively, we have Curu for another season allowing us to get a quality LB, Curu I suspect will be aware we'll let him go for the right offer but nothing less seeing as he only signed last year!

Curu will be happy with this as he gets guaranteed games in readiness for the WC and his family don't have to up root within 1 year of moving

Curu?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here