Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I just took a look at their Blue Moon Forum. Refreshing to see several of them with similar lack of understanding as some of our fans of the correlation between remaining length of contract and size of fee (in the context also of the Bissouma and Mane sales).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Is our twitter admin shithousing Man City fans just a bit ?…..:D

[tweet]1538500551289217025[/tweet]

A design from The Tom Davies Collection.

2CF41BD7-2841-4ABB-88E6-C63C0ED59FC8.png

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I just took a look at their Blue Moon Forum. Refreshing to see several of them with similar lack of understanding as some of our fans of the correlation between remaining length of contract and size of fee (in the context also of the Bissouma and Mane sales).

Thick Twats on that site. I dont think they understand football. I bet many on that site have never watch them play except on tv.
For all the money they spunk, they still cant win the holy grail Champions league. Horrible club, who sold themselve out for blood and oil money. Cant even fill the Emptyad. Hope they crash and burn trophyless this season rsther than trying to buy trophies.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thick Twats on that site. I dont think they understand football. I bet many on that site have never watch them play except on tv.
For all the money they spunk, they still cant win the holy grail Champions league. Horrible club, who sold themselve out for blood and oil money. Cant even fill the Emptyad. Hope they crash and burn trophyless this season rsther than trying to buy trophies.

Very much LOL’d at this though to be fair

DEA114B2-E38B-4158-879D-9F185A1423C9.png

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Danny Levy ignored Kane's bleating about a gentlemen's agreement.

I'd expect TB to be similarly objective in raising £50m plus in cash, not reduced by add-ons or parts swaps for inadequate players.

Citeh's owned by petro-state who swerve FFP/Sustainability laws, they can afford it.
And what about Zaha and Parrish ?

"Should have got it in writing" was the quoted phrase. Lol.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Then they stop trying to do a "deal" and just pay the required fee.

Pump a few more barrels. They are not poor.

To add to that the oil lot have been making record profits!
People should remember that, given inflation, if we want White-level money for him that is now pushing 60m!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Why is everyone pushing £50 to £60 million, £100 million, if they want him that much they can pay through the nose for him.

50-60 is the starting point for Tony’s PA picking up the phone simply to say ‘sorry, Tony isn’t available at the moment, please call back when you’ve decided to stop taking the piss’

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Interesting on SSN tonight that Chelsea who want to sign Sterling (with 1 year left on his deal) are reportedly offering £35m where as Citeh apparently want £60m.

Two can play that game. We should do the same with Cucu. We'll only talk if your minimum bid is £60m, if not then F off.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
That blue looks a bit too ............ err ..............sky-ish for my liking. :(
That was my first reaction too.

Cuccy has been so consistent and doesn't strike me as the sort to get the huff or let speculation affect his performance. Nevertheless, if we are to keep him and see him continue to rip it up, man management is crucial. Bruno has a big role in that scenario.

PG

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That was my first reaction too.

Cuccy has been so consistent and doesn't strike me as the sort to get the huff or let speculation affect his performance. Nevertheless, if we are to keep him and see him continue to rip it up, man management is crucial. Bruno has a big role in that scenario.

PG

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk
I am convinced a new contract will go a long way to keeping him happy.

We gave Groß a new deal after his first season, so not impossible to do similar.

The Bissouma windfall and saved wages won't spend itself.

Last edited:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Just as an aside, reading this thread it seems that everyone is of the opinion that Tony Bloom is our chief negotiator in all of these deals? I reckon he gives sign off but surely all the negotiating is done between chief execs? I cannot imagine the Sheik picking up the phone to Tony and kicking off a tight poker game to see who blinks first.

It'll be Barber vs Begiristain. Winner takes all.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Just as an aside, reading this thread it seems that everyone is of the opinion that Tony Bloom is our chief negotiator in all of these deals? I reckon he gives sign off but surely all the negotiating is done between chief execs? I cannot imagine the Sheik picking up the phone to Tony and kicking off a tight poker game to see who blinks first.

It'll be Barber vs Begiristain. Winner takes all.

I'm of the opposite view. I suspect Tony is very, very closely involved in negotiations for major transfers, either incoming or outgoing. I suspect you're correct that the City owner won't be so involved at their end, though.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Why is everyone pushing £50 to £60 million, £100 million, if they want him that much they can pay through the nose for him.

I heard an interesting podcast recently with the guy who is something like the Head of Football at Southampton.

He was explaining how they have to strike the balance between getting the best possible price for their players but also not to be seen as a club who make it difficult for players to move on to better things by holding out for ridiculous sums.

The reason this is so key is that the young talent would never join them in the first place if Soton were seen as a club who make it difficult to move onto that next step.

I have no doubt we play it similarly. We must approach people like Biss, Trossard, Cucurella with the idea of "look, come to us, we play good football, you will get noticed and if a sensilble offer comes in you can go with our best wishes".

With that in mind, although he is OUR asset, and we obviously won't let him go for peanuts, there is no way in my opinion that we are going to do a Daniel Levy and say "It's 80m or no deal".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here