Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The lack of self awareness about the bullying tactics of Man City is off the scale.

They are now one of the most entitled lot of supporters out there - and strangely feel they should be liked more than Man Utd, Liverpool etc.

Weird lot.

I think the "same old City" days are gone. Self entitled indeed..

Tone won't get pushed around

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
….and they’ve all gone bitter over there…..:tosser::tosser:

View attachment 150330

"YOU'RE ALL ACTING LIKE KIDS" shrieks someone having a tantrum because they aren't getting their way.

Kudos to daring to visit the City boards though. Place must be full of more plastic than Greta Thunberg's nightmares.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Good article by Naylor in the Athletic today about this.

I can't break copyright by posting it but I think I can quote this :

"City have not done themselves any favours with their negotiating tactics."

and this :

"Bloom and Barber will certainly not be bullied..."

https://theathletic.com/3441955/202...la-manchester-city?source=user-shared-article
It's all very well them saying that but they rolled over on the Burn fee when he personally asked them to let him go (so said Burn in an interview last season)

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It's all very well them saying that but they rolled over on the Burn fee when he personally asked them to let him go (so said Burn in an interview last season)

Really ? He isn’t / wasn’t that good except a purple patch, if it wasn’t for Dunks injury he’d hardly played - you’d have been disappointed if Brighton paid £15M+ for Dan Burn at the same time

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

That was a move that suited the player and the club at the time. Nobody foresaw the Dunk suspension/injury and the Webster injury happening very soon afterwards. Burn was a good squad player, we are talking about our player of the season and one who fills a position we were lacking in since we arrived in the PL

There is no comparison imo :shrug:

It's more akin to Stephens agitating to leave, he even put in a transfer request but TB held firm and Stephens soon got over it

We can't be certain but I don't see TB rolling over on this one

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Really ? He isn’t / wasn’t that good except a purple patch, if it wasn’t for Dunks injury he’d hardly played - you’d have been disappointed if Brighton paid £15M+ for Dan Burn at the same time

It was good money for the club. When player values are banded about sometimes you have to take stock. 15m is a huge amount of money.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The lack of self awareness about the bullying tactics of Man City is off the scale.

They are now one of the most entitled lot of supporters out there - and strangely feel they should be liked more than Man Utd, Liverpool etc.

Weird lot.
I used to quite like them. Even after Blue Moon's comedy reaction to our 3-2 win I still didn't think too badly of them. But now, reading the shite on that thread from half of the posters, I've gone right off them. Let's hope they never, ever win the Champions League.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
18 months.

Still good money though, but not quite sure it was the best call from the sports perspective.
At the time I thought we should have pushed for £20M (largely because of the amount they paid for Woods, even though that was a buy out clause), but I quickly came round to the idea of settling for what we got.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I reckon they binned Zinchenko to Arsenal who love to pay over the odds and simply thought they'd nick Cucurella for less than what they sold Zinchenko for! Now that's a bit of a piss take in itself,but then to be somewhat surprised a small club like Brighton turned their derisory offer down is quite funny reading the reaction,I'm actually surprised I've not read "how dare they,do they know who we are".
No doubt their lazy recruitment team will identify another player who had a good season and will sign them up.
They're not getting Cucurella in this window and that's that,so ner, we're not children.:p:p:p:p

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I think Solly is a Marmite Player.

I don't want to be an idiot about this, but legally you aren't allowed to say "...like marmite" without following with the redundant phrase "...you either love it or hate it".

I haven't alerted the authorities this time, but please do better. :D

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
"I went into the club shop last week to buy a kit, but they sat it's £55 quid! I offered them £30 and they said "no"! Can you believe it?! Bl**dy club is run by kids these days..."

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
"I went into the club shop last week to buy a kit, but they sat it's £55 quid! I offered them £30 and they said "no"! Can you believe it?! Bl**dy club is run by kids these days..."

I wouldn't pay £30 for this season Home or Away kit. They should have bit your hand off.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
City fans are only going to get worse as they age up.

Won't be long before an entire generation of their fans will have only ever known limitless cash, superstars and trophies.

If we think this current lot are insufferable just wait until that lot get to chatting.

Swedish Manchester City fans are just as bad, not met many in reality but online they all seem very punchable. Very entitled, no self-distance and very cocky.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Marc Cucurella *SINGS on a five-year contract*

In you eagerness to correct, you haven’t read the posts properly. Also does the recent article regarding Macalister tally up to your idea of a well thought up plan months ago? More like great Macalister can play there.

It’s tough arguing that of any club to choose - you’re utterly convinced it’s Albion that have no “well thought up” plans but i guess you’re gonna keep on trying ha ha !
PS: not sure what article . Link so everyone can see.

Correction: it’s the wearebrighton fellas.

https://www.wearebrighton.com/newsopinion/might-mac-allister-be-brightons-bissouma-replacement/

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's an open goal for someone to tap in the winner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here