Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Because we want to go forward not back. You just admitted Cucu is better Why would we want to go back to 2 years ago? When Solly was being used as wingback all aeverybody went on about was our need for a LWB

Well some times Brighton are not going to have a world class left back despite there being one once. It is just how it is. Money can be spent to strengthen the team overall, or you do it low-budget, but we can not expect that any position will always improve. If Cucurella leaves, Brighton will probably be weaker at left back next season - but hopefully overall there's improvement or similar level, one way or another.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Well some times Brighton are not going to have a world class left back despite there being one once. It is just how it is. Money can be spent to strengthen the team overall, or you do it low-budget, but we can not expect that any position will always improve. If Cucurella leaves, Brighton will probably be weaker at left back next season - but hopefully overall there's improvement or similar level, one way or another.

Yes, yes I get that. What I meant was, although I agree that Solly was excellent at left back 2 years ago I don’t think he’s an excellent left back hence while he played there we were always on the lookout for someone better. Cucu’s filled that role better than we could have possibly wished but if he goes I think it’s a priority to try and somehow replace him rather than just say “oh Solly was excellent there 2 years ago”

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014

I think what Cucurella brings more than anyone else who's played at leftback, is balance to the team. It wouldn't just be a case of having a weaker player in that position, I think it would disrupt our shape and ability to go forward.
The season before he signed, lots of people were saying about how amazing it would be to have a lamptey equivalent on the left.
If we don't replace Cucurella, we do have players who can do a job but I don't think we can easily say the team will be the fine, because it was so clear before Cucurella joined that we were lopsided.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
The many articles that talk of Man City's need for a left back, speak as if it's some sort of national tragedy. The needs of the team that walked the title and spent almost 50% more on their squad than the closest competitor, appears to be paramount. Brighton just need to play ball and everyone could be happy. I don't think 50 million would compensate how good we are with Cucu.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
No he really wasn't

Yes he really was.

Solly’s form at LWB was superb. His stats were fantastic, and was doing a brilliant job until the injury.

Would have been my POTS if it wasn’t for the injury for sure.

Big drop off last season for whatever reason, but finished the season strongly and potter obviously likes him, which should say enough in itself.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The many articles that talk of Man City's need for a left back, speak as if it's some sort of national tragedy. The needs of the team that walked the title and spent almost 50% more on their squad than the closest competitor, appears to be paramount. Brighton just need to play ball and everyone could be happy. I don't think 50 million would compensate how good we are with Cucu.

Very well put!!!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Yes he really was.

Solly’s form at LWB was superb. His stats were fantastic, and was doing a brilliant job until the injury.

Would have been my POTS if it wasn’t for the injury for sure.

Big drop off last season for whatever reason, but finished the season strongly and potter obviously likes him, which should say enough in itself.

I think Solly is a Marmite Player.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
GP plays March in multiple positions, clearly rates him (his utility being something he likes) , and Cucurella wasn’t his “replacement” . If Cucurella is sold then club will buy another left sided player. Caicedo and others are clearly Bissouma’s long standing replacements. You follow the Albion very closely and know the ins:eek:uts of GP, Blooms investment etc etc so I guess you’re being obtuse.

So no
- to questioning the ambition
- being back at square one
- March replacing Cucu
- GP not rating March as exceptional .
- seeing March as his first choice LWB or LCB or LB even though he can play there.

Anything else ?
In you eagerness to correct, you haven’t read the posts properly. Also does the recent article regarding Macalister tally up to your idea of a well thought up plan months ago? More like great Macalister can play there.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
….and they’ve all gone bitter over there…..:tosser::tosser:

7C2229AD-A565-4C85-BF4E-4A6AC11131F8.jpeg

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Maybe, but when he's good he's good and when he isn't good he's decidedly mediocre, at best.

He did play well in that position for many games but to me, he always looked like someone filling in. He was often out of position and had a tendency of hanging his foot out.

He is not the answer if Cucurella does depart.

I've always stated March has an abundance of talent just not sure he believes it himself sometimes.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
….and they’ve all gone bitter over there…..:tosser::tosser:

View attachment 150330
The lack of self awareness about the bullying tactics of Man City is off the scale.

They are now one of the most entitled lot of supporters out there - and strangely feel they should be liked more than Man Utd, Liverpool etc.

Weird lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here