Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If we manage to put Citeh off Cucu, that will be truly historic for the club. It puts us in a whole new light. Spuds managed it with Kane but we’re no top six side. Unbelievable.

Agree. Big, big statement to the rest of football if we do…….on the back of the Ben White deal and rinsing Arsenal, essentially telling City to **** off would be immense.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can see City paying £70m in 12 months time. :lol:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Marc Cucurella *SINGS on a five-year contract*

If we manage to put Citeh off Cucu, that will be truly historic for the club. It puts us in a whole new light. Spuds managed it with Kane but we’re no top six side. Unbelievable.

Villa didn’t want to sell Grealish and dug in but then City stumped up and paid what now looks like a pretty generous fee. Albion will let Cucurella go if likewise is my reading of the (serious) reporting.
But they do walk away if they feel fees are excessive (see Maguire and a few others) - but yep, healthy to see Albion bat em away (for now).

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Villa didn’t want to sell Grealish and dug in but then City stumped up and paid what now looks like a pretty generous fee. Albion will let Cucurella go if likewise is my reading of the (serious) reporting.
But they do walk away if they feel fees are excessive (see Maguire and a few others) - but yep, healthy to see Albion bat em away (for now).

According to the City lot Grealish had a buy out clause?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

We’re top 10. We’re not playing at ****ing Withdean anymore. It’s “unbelievable” that any member of the footballing industry doesn’t know how Brighton’s exec team, fronted by a billionaire, flag-waving, terrace-standing, train-travelling, six-pack drinking, fan-chairman, works!! **** me. #teamslikebrighton

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I can see City paying £70m in 12 months time. :lol:

I’m really starting to think Cucu has said he’s happy here. I suspect all at the club, including him and maybe even (remarkably) his agent, believe another year here will be nothing but positive for the player. If he plays like he did last season, or is even better, City will still want him. As well as the likes of Barca who you’d think might be a slightly more appealing place to move to given his history. We all assume players all think the same way.
What a lovely career that would be- two seasons at a wonderful, smaller English club, becoming a club legend there along the way, great city by sea bringing up your young family, then back home to see out the rest of your career at one of the biggest clubs in the world. To be a footballer.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Whatever the truth of all this, Marc is only human and could be forgiven the odd moment of day dreaming about a massive pay rise and a glittering career of trophies and glory, starting next season with City. City need a left back, left sided player with pace and Marc was statistically the best in the Prem last season. He would improve them and be that player for the rest of the decade. Thrillingly for them, he would drop the ball from the left to Haaland's feet. Whatever Albion want for him, City should pay. But we aren't anybody's feeder club and financially have no need to sell for any reason at all. So we come back to making us an offer we can't refuse. On the other hand, I'd love him to stay.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Exactly, which makes it even more laughable that they value him lower than the left back they just sold who wasn’t deemed good enough.
I’m so glad they’ve got this transfer so cataclysmically wrong that it looks increasingly likely they’re going to manoeuvre themselves out of it.
Who’d have thought a team that could pay £100mill just a year ago for a sock-boy substitute could undervalue one of the brightest prospects in Europe so much?

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I’m really starting to think Cucu has said he’s happy here. I suspect all at the club, including him and maybe even (remarkably) his agent, believe another year here will be nothing but positive for the player. If he plays like he did last season, or is even better, City will still want him. As well as the likes of Barca who you’d think might be a slightly more appealing place to move to given his history. We all assume players all think the same way.
What a lovely career that would be- two seasons at a wonderful, smaller English club, becoming a club legend there along the way, great city by sea bringing up your young family, then back home to see out the rest of your career at one of the biggest clubs in the world. To be a footballer.

Nice post. I hope you're right 👍

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I think Leeds actually did us a favour with Ben White, offering what for Brighton at the time was a massive fee for an academy player. It wasnt unreasonable to think we may actually accept something in that region.

The fact that we turned them down, White had a great season, England caps, and we let him go the following season for 50 million must show players and other teams we are 1.serious about what we will accept, and 2.proven that with the right offer players will not be held back when the big clubs come calling, and staying that extra season can and does enhance them

Must make turning down the first offer easier for players

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I think Leeds actually did us a favour with Ben White, offering what for Brighton at the time was a massive fee for an academy player. It wasnt unreasonable to think we may actually accept something in that region.

The fact that we turned them down, White had a great season, England caps, and we let him go the following season for 50 million must show players and other teams we are 1.serious about what we will accept, and 2.proven that with the right offer players will not be held back when the big clubs come calling, and staying that extra season can and does enhance them

Er, yes but Man City calling is slightly different from Leeds (even though in Leeds’ heads they’re even bigger than City)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Whatever the truth of all this, Marc is only human and could be forgiven the odd moment of day dreaming about a massive pay rise and a glittering career of trophies and glory, starting next season with City. City need a left back, left sided player with pace and Marc was statistically the best in the Prem last season. He would improve them and be that player for the rest of the decade. Thrillingly for them, he would drop the ball from the left to Haaland's feet. Whatever Albion want for him, City should pay. But we aren't anybody's feeder club and financially have no need to sell for any reason at all. So we come back to making us an offer we can't refuse. On the other hand, I'd love him to stay.
Are sure about the financial aspect? Apparently we are £120m in debt if you believe NSC and we don’t appear to be spending any money this summer.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Er, yes but Man City calling is slightly different from Leeds (even though in Leeds’ heads they’re even bigger than City)

But what the Leeds interest did was establish a baseline value for Ben White that we didn't accept, which then had the knock on effect of making Arsenal START at 40+ Million. Once Arsenal paid 50m for White, whether the likes of City want to accept it, this set a definite marker for the level little old Brighton we're will to sell their best talent for.

The impact of the White sale can't be underestimated, and Leeds United, with the #FreeBenWhite campaign and hijacking of our PoTS vote contributed massively to this.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Are sure about the financial aspect? Apparently we are £120m in debt if you believe NSC and we don’t appear to be spending any money this summer.

?? Brighton currently have loans worth £374m - mostly to Tony Bloom who unlike - Man United’s owners for example - doesn’t charge interest. That’s in our accounts not some NSC hive mind rumour - thankfully decoded by our resident dullard.

https://twitter.com/kieranmaguire/status/1508483608717234178

As for this summer We did commit £6m to sign Simon Adingra - did you miss this ha ha ? Until relatively recently that would have been our biggest signing of all time …but yep agreed so far relatively quiet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here