Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
[MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] you just get stranger and stranger. Andy Naylor Groupies!? The journalist who has come in for more criticism on NSC than every other journalist on the planet altogether, and is fairly roundly disliked by a lot of Brighton fans. Whatever next?

It's still that same point again, that complete inability to understand that just because Brighton are in the Premier League, we aren't like Man Utd or Real Madrid. We're a small club in a small city in a sleepy county. People know each other and a local hack like Naylor who has reported on the club for decades of course has more knowledge and sources at the club than a journalist from a big national newspaper or Sky Sports does. What is so hard to understand? It's astonishing.

Brighton is only just smaller than Bristol

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
He seemed to be hanging on in terms of making a final decision, in hope of a better offer. Assume this didn't arrive.
I'd suggest he got the nod that we weren't in need of a LB replacement as Cucu likely to stay as City low balling us.
He wasn't going to come here to sit on the bench.
I'd actually suggest that this is an indication that we feel Cucu will stay, so we should be pleased?

This is what i think, more plausable than deal done from bluemoon.

Cucurella is a consummate professional and genuinely seems to like being part of the Albion so I don't think we have to fear that he will try to force a move.

I would like to believe this 100% but firstly, any player who plays regularly will say they are happy and have a smile on their face. However, when the champions can offer you triple wages and trophies galore who wouldn't want to join them! Not saying Cuca is money orientated but certainly he'd be ambitious like any young player should be.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
In the great Fab versus Andy debate,a crucial development.

View attachment 150118

View attachment 150119

Jack Gaughan is the Mail northern sport journo who got the interviews with both Pep and Grealish.

Fab adding and miss attributing quotes for clicks?

Shirley not.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Caught totally mis-quoting another journo. Really shows his level of ethics and reliability= none.

And The Sweede slags off Naylor? :moo:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I would like to believe this 100% but firstly, any player who plays regularly will say they are happy and have a smile on their face. However, when the champions can offer you triple wages and trophies galore who wouldn't want to join them! Not saying Cuca is money orientated but certainly he'd be ambitious like any young player should be.

There's a right way to do it (Ben White) and a wrong way (Zaha).

I don't know Cucu, never met him, don't know anyone who knows him, but I'd say he was more of a BW than a SEGW.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I reckon there's a deal been struck with Helsingborg, the groundwork of which was laid in the late 1970s when TB took a trip to Innsbruck blah blah blah and this seems to ring true as the most realistic outcome, although is obviously subject to further speculation etc. etc. Raymond Luxury Yacht blah blah blah....

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Zamora was pretty complex to be fair.

The only time I've been ever been even vaguely ITK as an old mate of mine knows Dick Knight pretty well and he (the mate) seemed pretty sure it was on, even texted me that it was a one year contract. Someone else very trustworthy also posted it on here later that night.

The waiting / hold the nerve then played out for one of two reasons; either my source and a respected poster on here were talking bollocks or Bobby had a very iffy injury record and medical and we were genuinely not sure about him.

In the situation where there is a lot of gossip among certain fans and the club don't want anything revealed at all it just appears to be stalling, when, in fact, lots of stuff may be occurring behind the scenes.

Anyway, he signed for a year but there was potential for a lot of egg on faces all over that Bobby Z thread.
I think you are being kind, he was adamant he wasn’t signing.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
This sounds like a plausible enough scenario.

(From city's message board)

Personally I think it's possible a deal has already been agreed but that this is staged in the media so that everyone can look like they did right. Brighton negotiated hard and raised our bid significantly from what we offered, we negotiated to less than Brighton wanted but still paid a lot for a player we wanted. Brighton have time to get a replacement in, with the opportunity to keep the price low as Cucu hasn't left and this is a just in case signing. Their fans can say they got loads of money, our fans can say we got the player at the going rate. And the media get clicks until its done. Everyone wins

Or I'm just too cynical for my own good.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Absolutely no way is any of that true. What is in it for City to let that scenario play out so everyone saves face while a player they have signed remains here training and playing in friendlies while risking injury? It’s a ridiculous scenario that simply wouldn’t happen.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nonsense

Pep vs potter
Titles/champions league vs 9th place
Haaland vs maupay
200k vs 60k

He’ll force a move if required.

Nah. Marc, they didn’t meet our asking price so we’re not selling. However, here’s a new contract with a big pay rise, and when Barca come in for you next year and do meet our asking price, we won’t stand in your way.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
[MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] you just get stranger and stranger. Andy Naylor Groupies!? The journalist who has come in for more criticism on NSC than every other journalist on the planet altogether, and is fairly roundly disliked by a lot of Brighton fans. Whatever next?

It's still that same point again, that complete inability to understand that just because Brighton are in the Premier League, we aren't like Man Utd or Real Madrid. We're a small club in a small city in a sleepy county. People know each other and a local hack like Naylor who has reported on the club for decades of course has more knowledge and sources at the club than a journalist from a big national newspaper or Sky Sports does. What is so hard to understand? It's astonishing.

Yeah I know the reason Andy Naylor is seen as someone with a bunch of knowledge is because he's been around for a long time and is a part of the psychological inbreeding but Brighton is a part of the international football community now and few of the agents - the far most common source - are based in the city (or even England), meaning a journalist with international connections is probably able to find out a whole lot more about what is going on in Albion than the local dog.

Of course Naylor has some sources in the club meaning he can get some vague injury news and stuff but when it comes to transfer activity there's nothing that points at the club sharing any real information with him and until the day he's actually the first to report that a bid has been made or recieved or similar, I see no reason to change that stance. Personally I really really struggle to understand how people can be so sure that someone who works as a journalist without ever revealing anything actually got inside knowledge on anything of importance. The day he is first with any kind of transfer business, I'll gladly eat my words.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yeah I know the reason Andy Naylor is seen as someone with a bunch of knowledge is because he's been around for a long time and is a part of the psychological inbreeding but Brighton is a part of the international football community now and few of the agents - the far most common source - are based in the city (or even England), meaning a journalist with international connections is probably able to find out a whole lot more about what is going on in Albion than the local dog.

Of course Naylor has some sources in the club meaning he can get some vague injury news and stuff but when it comes to transfer activity there's nothing that points at the club sharing any real information with him and until the day he's actually the first to report that a bid has been made or recieved or similar, I see no reason to change that stance. Personally I really really struggle to understand how people can be so sure that someone who works as a journalist without ever revealing anything actually got inside knowledge on anything of importance. The day he is first with any kind of transfer business, I'll gladly eat my words.

Of course he won’t be ‘first’ with transfer news - because there is such a vast amount of utter shite posted as ‘ITK’ online that pretty much any player we buy or sell will have been referenced by someone, somewhere at some point among their hundreds of tweets and they’ll claim they were correct. What Naylor does frequently (undoubtedly fed by club sources) is squash some of the BS, or - as in this case - confirm there has been a bid, the amount and that it has been rejected (I’d deduce from that the club clearly want it known that they’ve flatly refused the bid as well, Naylor won’t be posting based on agent BS or stuff he’s picked up elsewhere).

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

I've listened to Naylor - he is unbelievably boring. I've read his articles in The Athletic - no scoops or inside info of any consequence. He sometimes has some news to impart, but it's pretty much certain that he only gets what the club want him to get. I don't envy his job....BHA seem almost uniquely "leak-proof". Like Swanny, I'll be amazed if he is ever first with any significant transfer news.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016

you really do post some drivel sometimes dont you? I assume its for affect. Your argument falls down when you start using "inbred" "local dog" and such like. Whether you like it or not Naylor and Owen are given info by the club, when Naylor states something no- its far more often than not correct. No one is saying the local guys are world renowned transfer journos breaking news of players moving between the top clubs in the world-we all know they arent. BUT they do have the ear of the club. We arent talking about an incoming transfer from Real Madrid here- we are talking about an outgoing that so far Naylor has been spot on about- Romano has been saying a bid is coming and its a done deal for over a month, Naylor has been saying thats not the case.

When Naylor has said its on , guess what-its on. Romano is only right because he has said a bid is coming in the next day or so for weeks and weeks-eventually he was going to be right. If he was really ITK over this, he would have said exactly what Naylor has been saying for weeks, no bid is being made yet,

I can not fathom why you seem to have this dislike of Naylor and why you cant understand why a local trusted journo , who has been reporting on the club for years, and actually checks and gets confirmation before posting anything may actually be correct. Is he going to break earth shattering news-no, is he going to give us actuall researched info-yes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nom nom nom.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here