Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I reckon Naylor is very reliable.

He is not going to suddenly splash a great transfer scoop about a player we are about to sign - as that could wreck the deal - but any info he gives will be sourced properly.

He was annoying a few years ago about the return of a player we'd all been waiting for.... which turned out to be Dean Hammond... and is occasionally a bit critical of the fan base - which I think he would be better keeping to himself - but I'm very positive about the info he provides.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He made a bollock with Zamora and a couple of others during the championship era.

Zamora was pretty complex to be fair.

The only time I've been ever been even vaguely ITK as an old mate of mine knows Dick Knight pretty well and he (the mate) seemed pretty sure it was on, even texted me that it was a one year contract. Someone else very trustworthy also posted it on here later that night.

The waiting / hold the nerve then played out for one of two reasons; either my source and a respected poster on here were talking bollocks or Bobby had a very iffy injury record and medical and we were genuinely not sure about him.

In the situation where there is a lot of gossip among certain fans and the club don't want anything revealed at all it just appears to be stalling, when, in fact, lots of stuff may be occurring behind the scenes.

Anyway, he signed for a year but there was potential for a lot of egg on faces all over that Bobby Z thread.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Marc Cucurella *SINGS on a five-year contract*

I think Naylor’s ok with his sources and scoops etc, he doesn’t report anything until it’s fairly certain which is fair enough. He could speculate and guess on deals but would quickly lose any credibility and there are enough idiots doing that already if somebody really wants to look them up.

My issues with Naylor are his constant petty digs at the fans and the fact that he is an incredibly basic and boring writer, his pieces on The Athletic are just DULL.

After not being sure about it at first, I really like The Athletic now. I just wish we had a better club representative. Some of his colleagues there are in a different league, I find myself enjoying reading pieces about other clubs and players more than I do Brighton.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bloody hell, after months of tedious rumours and no action we finally get a bid and something to talk about and the thread descends into a battle of which journalist is more ITK. Jesus wept.

One poster has again voiced his inexplicable loathing of Mr Naylor.

Not quite the same.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Tagliafico Is an absolute steal. Decent wages yes but the guy has PEDIGREE. Would slot straight in. 2 or 3 seasons of seriously good service. Absolute no brainier is Cucu does leave and would be perfect role model for any younger LB looking to break in to the first team.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
So he just made a wild guess yesterday that a) City would make a bid and b) it would be far from Brightons valuation. "Just guesswork, a clickbait chancer"

Then some 24h later Andy Naylor says City just made a bid far from Brightons demands and he is considered some oracle with a hotline number to Paul Barber.

Romano retweeted it. It came from another source.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Great headline in the Metro: "Man City threaten to walk away from Marc Cucurella talks after Brighton set £50m asking price"

Bet Tony is quaking in his shoes... "Please don't go, we will take whatever you are gracious enough to offer!!"

MC are the ones who WANT a player we don't want or intend to sell.

How DARE we set a price that would see us reluctantly let a prized asset go.

#FreeCucu

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Great headline in the Metro: "Man City threaten to walk away from Marc Cucurella talks after Brighton set £50m asking price"

Bet Tony is quaking in his shoes... "Please don't go, we will take whatever you are gracious enough to offer!!"

MC are the ones who WANT a player we don't want or intend to sell.

How DARE we set a price that would see us reluctantly let a prized asset go.

#FreeCucu

Innit.

More like ‘Guardiola risks egg on face after derisory Cucu bid’.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't understand why City bid £30 mill hours after selling Zinchenko for £32 mill. I would have thought the bid would have to have exceeded the £40 mill they paid for Ake to at least get somewhere near the Albion's figure.

Given the Albion are now an established Prem club producing quality players and with a poker champion as chairman, it makes no sense to insult us with such a derisory offer. Good luck trying to do business with Tony Bloom after this, I expect he feels the same way about City as someone selling their house receiving a lowball offer from some chancer.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Think it’s precisely because of White that £50m is being quoted - basically set a benchmark for any young defender we’ve got that a ‘big’ club want. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if Tony’s figure is north of that

This!

The idea that a renowned high stakes poker player, would tell his opponent, at what level he is prepared to fold, is in itself ludicrous.
What amazes me is that City think a low ball offer is worth bothering with.

If they think Cucu's worth £30m, then why not just hold on to Zinchenko?

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Swansea still peddling bullshit against all evidence that Naylor just copies stuff from other journalists despite all evidence on the contrary and being told a zillion times he's fed by Barber.

He's almost as stubborn as PB himself

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Swansea still peddling bullshit against all evidence that Naylor just copies stuff from other journalists despite all evidence on the contrary and being told a zillion times he's fed by Barber.

He's almost as stubborn as PB himself

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Was Terry Butcher known to have a phobia against bald CEOs or something or is not part of the tribute act?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This!

The idea that a renowned high stakes poker player, would tell his opponent, at what level he is prepared to fold, is in itself ludicrous.
What amazes me is that City think a low ball offer is worth bothering with.

If they think Cucu's worth £30m, then why not just hold on to Zinchenko?

....or just go with Ake, who they reckon is worth 50% more than Cucu.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Blue moon is very funny today. So far its who the hell are Brighton to tell rhe greatest team ever how much we should pay for him, we had the dubious owner bollocks Cucu is not thar good anyway, we dont need him , Brighton inso much debt they to sell, and the best one, deal has been done £43 plus add ons. Brighton leaked a story we only offered to pay £30m but they can now show that they have pushed city as far as they could to save face with the fans.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Blue moon is very funny today. So far its who the hell are Brighton to tell rhe greatest team ever how much we should pay for him, we had the dubious owner bollocks Cucu is not thar good anyway, we dont need him , Brighton inso much debt they to sell, and the best one, deal has been done £43 plus add ons. Brighton leaked a story we only offered to pay £30m but they can now show that they have pushed city as far as they could to save face with the fans.
I’ve seen them relate to TB as dubious before, considering where their money comes from :whistle:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I’ve seen them relate to TB as dubious before, considering where their money comes from :whistle:

Yet they are happy with their bed sheet wearing money men.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here