Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I think £65 million now could get done.

On deadline day it'd be a lot more to compensate on it leaving us without a replacement.

If that happened, Man City would only have themselves to blame.

Only a handful of people know the number. As in any negotiation, you adapt your terms to the person sitting across the table. It won’t be done on deadline day. Albion and City wouldn’t want that and neither would Cucurella with a very young family to consider.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Only a handful of people know the number. As in any negotiation, you adapt your terms to the person sitting across the table. It won’t be done on deadline day. Albion and City wouldn’t want that and neither would Cucurella with a very young family to consider.
I know it won't be done on deadline day.

The price would be astronomical by then.

City really need to take an "early bird" deal and pay the current price tag.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Without a replacement lined up, I think we would say no at that stage. With a week or 2/3 days to go, and therefore a decent chance to source a replacement, the story might be different.

I guess it depends on whether the club has replacements for Cucurella in-house. Theoretically, we could just say "Thanks for the cash" and then run with Solly March and Kaoru Mitoma. Yes, we'd be weaker but not relegation-bound levels of weaker

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I guess it depends on whether the club has replacements for Cucurella in-house. Theoretically, we could just say "Thanks for the cash" and then run with Solly March and Kaoru Mitoma. Yes, we'd be weaker but not relegation-bound levels of weaker
The club doesn't have adequate numbers of defensive replacements in house - it would take a significant over payment on the fee to compensate us losing Cucurella on deadline day.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The acid test will come if Zinchenko moves to Arsenal, which going by widespread reports is close to being a done-deal. City will apparently trouser around £30m-£35m from that.

Expect an incoming if/when that happens.

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
I am quite sure Potter and company have some players in mind if Cucu does get sold, their not stupid. And really, and I may be in the minority on this, but I want this resolved one way or the other ASAP so we do have time to bring in a replacement before the window closes. March, Mitoma, and the other options are ok for depth pieces, but tbh I would not feel that great if one of them were our game 1 starter.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Welcome to the idiots/childish club. As founding member i would like to Welcome you as vice president.
For clarification if you call them shitty some on here think your an idiot.

For clarification, "some on here think you're an idiot".

I've already called him an idiot for using the term Shitty. It shows you're an idiot with the intelligence of a bag of peas.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

I've already called him an idiot for using the term Shitty. It shows you're an idiot with the intelligence of a bag of peas.

I'd argue that your reaction and obsession with not calling City "Shitty" is pretty ****ing infantile as well.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

Only 1 person has called me an idiot for calling city shitty, and it wasnt you. Sorry if i have offended you by saying that,you can always block me. Not sure why you want to insult a bag of peas though.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
While working caught the end of someone on talk sport earlier saying we have lost Cuca to City!....missed who it was but he was a Brighton fan as he talked about losing Biss too.
We all know that if City pay a massive fee then they'll sign him.

Have they made the necessary bid yet ?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I am quite sure Potter and company have some players in mind if Cucu does get sold, their not stupid.

Surely it’s Sergio Gómez of Anderlecht. Ex-Barca and Dortmund, he has been a late developer after both those teams sold him on. His assists last season where off the scale.

Arsenal want him if they don’t get Zinchenko. Citeh won’t sell Zinchenko if they can’t get Cucu and we won’t sell Cucu if we can’t buy Gómez. Go figure!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here