Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Mane went for £35m, Bissouma for £25m, according to the BBC. That's a £10m difference.

That's not quite right.

Mane's add ons might take it up to 35 mill but the beeb say the starting fee was 27 million, and Bissouma's starting fee was 25, also with add ons.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That's not quite right.

Mane's add ons might take it up to 35 mill but the beeb say the starting fee was 27 million, and Bissouma's starting fee was 25, also with add ons.
TBF, we don't know if that's right either as it's all, as usual, very, very undisclosed. That's just the BBC's guesstimate. Let's face it, we don't even know what the starting price is, let alone how much the add-ons are, or what are the conditions for triggering them.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
After the Bissouma and Burn deals, I am astonished that people seem to think we will ever get top fees for our players. Gyokeres went for pennies, Matias Normann the same, Ostigard is going for a few million to a top Serie A club.

Cucu will force the move, and we'll end up taking £30m or so. It's what we do. White was a one-off from a team that notoriously overpays.
Absolute rubbish. Cucurella has 4 years left so we can play hardball. The other 2 would have decreased in value due to their contract situation. If Cucu has another good season he'll be worth more with 3 years left still.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I don't think he will leave this window,he places a lot of emphasis on how much his family need to be settled and from the limited information I can find he and his family are enjoying their new life in Brighton,the thought of yet another move to new surroundings so soon may play a major part in his thinking,I'm just erring on the side of family happiness wins this one for now,it's not like he will be struggling to put food on the table and if he does go I can only imagine the fee smashing our current transfer fee sale.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
After the Bissouma and Burn deals, I am astonished that people seem to think we will ever get top fees for our players. Gyokeres went for pennies, Matias Normann the same, Ostigard is going for a few million to a top Serie A club.

Cucu will force the move, and we'll end up taking £30m or so. It's what we do. White was a one-off from a team that notoriously overpays.

Maybe White was just the first, not a one off. White was proven premier league player albeit one season. You can't say the same for Gyokeres, Normann or Ostigard.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I’m astonished that some fans still think they know better than Tony and his crew what constitutes a good deal.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I don't think he will leave this window,he places a lot of emphasis on how much his family need to be settled and from the limited information I can find he and his family are enjoying their new life in Brighton,the thought of yet another move to new surroundings so soon may play a major part in his thinking,I'm just erring on the side of family happiness wins this one for now,it's not like he will be struggling to put food on the table and if he does go I can only imagine the fee smashing our current transfer fee sale.
A recent interview in Spain he said some clubs you just can’t turn down, when the interviewer asked him about the MC interest. We need to stop deluding ourselves he will want to go just as any of us would in his position.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
A recent interview in Spain he said some clubs you just can’t turn down, when the interviewer asked him about the MC interest.

Quite. I would be astonished if the club asked him if he wants to go to City and he says “no thanks. I don’t want to move the family again” - we are in denial if we think Brighton has “pull” factors to keep him in Brighton over city. Fortunately he doesn’t seem the sort to down tools if he doesn’t get his move.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
As far as interviews goes, it wasn't the location that made things difficult to settle, it was the fact he only spoke a few words of english so doing pretty basic things like shopping or going to the doctors he found frustrating. That doesn't seem to be as much of an issue now.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
TBF, we don't know if that's right either as it's all, as usual, very, very undisclosed. That's just the BBC's guesstimate. Let's face it, we don't even know what the starting price is, let alone how much the add-ons are, or what are the conditions for triggering them.

It accurately quoted the BBC story, unlike the post I was quoting, and the BBC will, I imagine have a reasonably decent source. Agents for a start. There's also some data on sportrak.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

I know we're going round in circles here, but it's worth remembering that (a) Dan Burn is 30, and (b) he only had 18 months left on his contract. If we hadn't done the deal with Newcastle, how much would he now be worth - a squad player with a year left on his contract? I loved watching Dan Burn (despite his weakness against pace) - but the Newcastle deal was a unique opportunity (for him and the club). We got a very decent price.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Do you want to take a £50 bet to REMF that we will not sell for 30 million or less? Printing money :lolol:
Well I certainly wouldn't take that bet! I do think, however, the the 'eye-watering' amount required for City to get their man might be slightly less than some of the amounts mooted on here.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This is going to drag out through the whole ****ing summer now! What a shit distraction from our preparations for next season!

I’m surprised that Naylor thinks Citeh will think twice at spaffing over 50m though? They normally just pay the fee if it’s under £100m.

No surprise that TB has put a huge figure on this lad but I’m still convinced that Citeh will find the dosh if Pep really wants his little man. Oh well.

That’s what I’m thinking - Pep will stamp his feet and demand they cough up whatever Tony wants………..but the Poker player holds all the cards so that number will be eyewatering (no chance the £35m being bandied about will get close IMO). I’d also expect that the club have already had a conversation with Cucu……’we won’t stand in your way if a deal can be done, but unless City open the discussion at a number we can work with, we won’t be selling you…….’ (with possibly a new contract and pay rise as a sweetener, which in turn means it’ll take an even bigger number next summer)

As frustrating as it’d be to let him go, we’re not going to come out of this badly either way.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It accurately quoted the BBC story, unlike the post I was quoting, and the BBC will, I imagine have a reasonably decent source. Agents for a start. There's also some data on sportrak.

Oh, I agree the BBC are probably quite close. Give or take the odd million or three, of course - same as Sky, Transfermarkt (which guesstimates his sale price as £5M below his market value!) and all the other various sources.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Massive difference… can’t compare any of those to the Cucurella transfer.

Biss had one year left on a deal.

Burn 18 months and we were happy to let him go, others we were also happy to offload so took the fees that were available.

We have no need or desire to sell on this occasion so it will take ££££££ to make us choose to sell

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Massive difference… can’t compare any of those to the Cucurella transfer.

Biss had one year left on a deal.

Burn 18 months and we were happy to let him go, others we were also happy to offload so took the fees that were available.

We have no need or desire to sell on this occasion so it will take ££££££ to make us choose to sell

:goal:

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I do love the City fans on Twitter shouting at how ridiculous the price must be and how we should think about other prices paid for this position. Totally irrelevant. We don’t want to sell, so it’s only a stupid ‘above value’ offer that would remotely work. Don’t like it, good, off you trot.

If someone uninvited tries to buy a house that isn’t on the market, that the owner loves and does not want to sell, then the price is obviously going to far exceed most people’s expectation of ‘value’.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I do love the City fans on Twitter shouting at how ridiculous the price must be and how we should think about other prices paid for this position. Totally irrelevant. We don’t want to sell, so it’s only a stupid ‘above value’ offer that would remotely work. Don’t like it, good, off you trot.

If someone uninvited tries to buy a house that isn’t on the market, that the owner loves and does not want to sell, then the price is obviously going to far exceed most people’s expectation of ‘value’.

I don't use Twitter but someone who does might like to point out the money they've spent on a left back(52m, Mendy) and other first choice defenders(from 50 to 61m). Then tell them to **** off.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

How does he force a move?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here