PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I will be so sad to see him go. We had a fleeting relationship, and he was beautiful.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We’re getting there.

I think the club would only sell to a top 4 now unless there are exceptional circumstances (Burn going home for example).

The significant difference with Burn was that he wasn't a definite starter and would also have only had 1 year left now if we had we kept him.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I do but he's a bit useless as a winger, which is what he was before CH took him under his wing and drilled defence defence into him :smile:

He tends to go to sleep when positioning himself against an attacker. Also what a comedown from Cucurella. We need a better replacement than March that's for sure.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Indeed, but this is the club's model. Enjoy watching the players that come through and have a chance to play in his absence.

I think it was you that had the foresight to see he’d only be here for a season, months ago,

I thought it was bollocks at the time :down:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't do foresight in general, and doubt I did on this one, but I'll take the credit for this :smile:

Somebody on here definitely called it.

No doubt it will be an “I was at the first Sex Pistols gig” moment

A small venue that 100000 were at :lolol:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
The fact that Cucurella's reps have been negotiating personal terms doesn't mean it's a done deal.
This will often happen I understand, before a deal is agreed. If City don't meet our asking price, he stays here. Yes, he may be pissed off about it but that's what happens when you sign a long term contract.
It's absolutely fair enough that he wants to go, play for Pep, win trophies, get paid a shed load of money etc, but if City don't stump up the money it's no deal. Let's say we get offered £65m, that's a £50m profit on a player in one season. We can but 5 Kacper's, aleMacs, Encisco's with that and the wheel keeps turning. We'd need a replacement too, and we have been searching the market for a high quality one....the lad from Italy, Sergio Gomez, the Porto left back.
So my advice is chill and see how it pans out cos whatever way it does, we were the winner when we bought Cucrella from Getafe for £15m. What a bit of business that was!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The fact that Cucurella's reps have been negotiating personal terms doesn't mean it's a done deal.
This will often happen I understand, before a deal is agreed. If City don't meet our asking price, he stays here. Yes, he may be pissed off about it but that's what happens when you sign a long term contract.
It's absolutely fair enough that he wants to go, play for Pep, win trophies, get paid a shed load of money etc, but if City don't stump up the money it's no deal. Let's say we get offered £65m, that's a £50m profit on a player in one season. We can but 5 Kacper's, aleMacs, Encisco's with that and the wheel keeps turning. We'd need a replacement too, and we have been searching the market for a high quality one....the lad from Italy, Sergio Gomez, the Porto left back.
So my advice is chill and see how it pans out cos whatever way it does, we were the winner when we bought Cucrella from Getafe for £15m. What a bit of business that was!

What is the word on the street up there in Manchester ?
Is it being reported in the MEN ?

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
He tends to go to sleep when positioning himself against an attacker. Also what a comedown from Cucurella. We need a better replacement than March that's for sure.

IF Solly does revert there He will get dogs abuse
I concur a better replacement required
TBF whoever it turns out to be has some high expectations to reach IF MC stays he s set a standard that's pretty high

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Getting a bit hacked off with posters saying "If City want him there's nothing we can do"

That's bollox. Ask Wilf Zaha about how player contracts work.

If City want him and are prepared to meet our valuation, then a deal will be done.
Tony won't strike a deal that isn't advantageous to us.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
IF Solly does revert there He will get dogs abuse
I concur a better replacement required
TBF whoever it turns out to be has some high expectations to reach IF MC stays he s set a standard that's pretty high

Solly gets dogs abuse from certain fans regardless. He can handle it.
He will do a good job, undoubtedly. But he won't be expected to be permanent replacement for Cucu.

Fortunately our management understand that there is more to being successful, than continually improving the quality of individual players.
we can'r replace Cucu and Biss, they are exceptional talents.
But we can use the funds to improve the overall squad.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003

Trouble is £50m is buttons to Sportswashing regimes and their companies, so basically it’s a done deal. Just the haggling left between player agent and Arab oil giants.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Trouble is £50m is buttons to Sportswashing regimes and their companies, so basically it’s a done deal. Just the haggling left between player agent and Arab oil giants.

I said £65m, so a £50m profit. If we get £65m then it would be hard to turn it down I think. A £50m profit in one year is a heck of a return. Bear in mind we probably used some of the £50m from the White sale to buy Cucurella. White cost nothing so £15m of a £50m profit on White to make a further £50m profit.
No wonder Tony Bloom has a few quid!

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Getting a bit hacked off with posters saying "If City want him there's nothing we can do"

That's bollox. Ask Wilf Zaha about how player contracts work.

If City want him and are prepared to meet our valuation, then a deal will be done.
Tony won't strike a deal that isn't advantageous to us.
Nobody is saying we should sell him for LESS than TB’s valuation.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Plenty of posters saying there's nothing we can do though.
Which isn't the case at all.

Exactly - he is on a 4 year contract.
City wanted Harry Kane, but Spurs kept him .
Entirely depends on the club valuation, what a replacement will cost us, who is good enough and what profit is left over after that. The club spent the whole of last Summer chasing him . so aren’t going to give him up cheaply.
Oh, and if City will then pay it !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here