Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
What if one day uncle Tony wakes up and thinks "you know what, time to take some of what I put in, back"

I’ve no doubt he is already doing that to some extent and on a balanced scale when you consider the income we also receive from the TV money on top of the player sales - and nobody can blame him for that !

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Just so everybody knows, I'm ready and poised to change the thread title to Marc Cucurella *SINGS on a five-year contract* but ****s off to City after one.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just so everybody knows, I'm ready and poised to change the thread title to Marc Cucurella *SINGS on a five-year contract* but ****s off to City after one. (but he wasn't all that anyway)

:smile:

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I suspect this one will be a slow burner, as we'll want to a) have the replacement lined up, and b) not tip everyone off about how much we've got in the transfer budget to sign that replacement.

Wouldn't be surprised if it gets all done and dusted bar the signatures but then sits on the shelf until late in the window.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Reality is if Man City want him there isn’t really much we can do, just get the best price we possibly can, the good thing is we know we won’t be low balled, he has a long contract so at least £50m should be his value to us AND more importantly to Man City who need a LB.

Would be gutting to see him leave but realistically this was always going to happen if the club progressed into being a consistent premier league team, our best players will eventually be vultured off for big bucks, not much we can do about it.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I am resigned to losing him now, it seems a matter of the fee. Below £50m and I'll be annoyed.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Believe the deal is 10m GBP plus Mendy..

....oops.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
What is it about us finding and keeping a left back in the Amex era?!

Painter - too injured;
Taricco - too retired;
Bridge - Brilliant! - Poached by Reading;
Ward - Great - We acted too slowly - gazumped by Burnley;
Bennett - Fairly good going forward. Useless defender - unable to prevent a cross;
Chicksen - never at the level we were;
Pocognoli - Not signed after decent loan;
Suttner - Not good enough;
Bong - IMHO underrated as a defender. Useless going forward - However, ever popular with the boo boys. Forest have just released him if we fancy him back; (Could we splice him with Joe Bennett? Knowing our luck, we'd probably end up with a lightweight defender who can't cross).
Bernardo - Looked promising at first, but couldn't handle the EPL;
Karbonwik - Doesn't even want to be a left back;
Burn - Also underrated - Bongy's replacement for the boo boys. Off to Newcastle to play his actual position;
March - Always reliable at LWB, but not a left back;
Cucu - so good he's off within a year.

Few of them have lasted more than a season. At the same time on the other side we've had the odd dud but also Calde, Bruno, Lamptey and Veltman!

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
What is it about us finding and keeping a left back in the Amex era?!

Painter - too injured;
Taricco - too retired;
Bridge - Brilliant! - Poached by Reading;
Ward - Great - We acted too slowly - gazumped by Burnley;
Bennett - Fairly good going forward. Useless defender - unable to prevent a cross;
Chicksen - never at the level we were;
Pocognoli - Not signed after decent loan;
Suttner - Not good enough;
Bong - IMHO underrated as a defender. Useless going forward - However, ever popular with the boo boys. Forest have just released him if we fancy him back; (Could we splice him with Joe Bennett? Knowing our luck, we'd probably end up with a lightweight defender who can't cross).
Bernardo - Looked promising at first, but couldn't handle the EPL;
Karbonwik - Doesn't even want to be a left back;
Burn - Also underrated - Bongy's replacement for the boo boys. Off to Newcastle to play his actual position;
March - Always reliable at LWB, but not a left back;
Cucu - so good he's off within a year.

Few of them have lasted more than a season. At the same time on the other side we've had the odd dud but also Calde, Bruno, Lamptey and Veltman!
Think Solly is a decent LB

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
It sure is a darn interesting challenge though. I am confident Potter and his team will rise to it and find a solution and we will retain the mid-third of the table status we got last season (7th-14th).

Yeah Potter is excellent, and I'm sure he would take any rebuilding in his stride. The only nagging worry is that Southgate gets sacked as England manager as I think Potter is definitely the number 1 candidate to take over.

But I guess that's why it's only a nagging feeling, we can't dwell on those thoughts for too long, we have to enjoy things while the club is on the up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here