Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am not sure why people are worried about this. Look at the amount of players (and manager) Southampton have lost over the years and they are always competitive.

We can all see that Cucurella is one of the best out there. If he goes to one of the best sides in the continent and we get a big windfall to improve the squad with, so be it.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

This. Liverpool are about to lose Mane. Are they bovvered?

If we allow the loss of one star to trash the club we deserve it. In the meantime, clinging on to their sleeve like Scrooge with Christmas Future isn't a good look :lolol:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I think before this goes ahead they need to Stella's they will have too many Non home grown players

13 of the squad they named after the Jan transfer window were non home grown, so they’ve got space for 4 more before they hit the limit of 17. Haaland will obviously be one of them, but there is still scope for additions before they have to consider selling anyone.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/its-quiet-17-glory-thread.354678/page-818#post-14945721

A quick search on the forum suggests that 93.20Blue is normally pretty spot on with his rumours, and the amount of thumbs suggests he’s pretty respected.

Gutted. Hope we take them to the cleaners :(
Just had a text saying that Cucurella deal is dead in the water. Perhaps I should put that on Facebook too?

(Even though I sent it to me from my other email account).

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Just had a text saying that Cucurella deal is dead in the water. Perhaps I should put that on Facebook too?

(Even though I sent it to me from my other email account).

The number of thumbs only suggests that Manchester City fans are pretty keen on the idea, whether it is real or not.

Depends how you look at it. If someone posted on here that we were signing someone and the deal was already agreed they wouldn’t get many likes, it would be people asking how they know. If it was someone who had a history of getting stuff right (like Bozza a few years ago) then the thumb/reply ratio would be much more favourable. The reaction to that post says to me that he’s someone with a good reputation on there.

Obviously doesn’t mean he’s right this time, and there’s obviously a chance that the other stuff he’s got right (Pep new contract just before it was announced, he was saying Haaland was done for months etc) could just be lucky. I’m happy to take Brian Owen over random city fan, but on the face of it, it does seem weird

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Depends how you look at it. If someone posted on here that we were signing someone and the deal was already agreed they wouldn’t get many likes, it would be people asking how they know. If it was someone who had a history of getting stuff right (like Bozza a few years ago) then the thumb/reply ratio would be much more favourable. The reaction to that post says to me that he’s someone with a good reputation on there.

Obviously doesn’t mean he’s right this time, and there’s obviously a chance that the other stuff he’s got right (Pep new contract just before it was announced, he was saying Haaland was done for months etc) could just be lucky. I’m happy to take Brian Owen over random city fan, but on the face of it, it does seem weird

Anyone remember the fella who broke the Mwepu transfer to us story last summer.
He was 100% right on that, but, I don’t think he got anything else right before or since.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I am not sure why people are worried about this. Look at the amount of players (and manager) Southampton have lost over the years and they are always competitive.

We can all see that Cucurella is one of the best out there. If he goes to one of the best sides in the continent and we get a big windfall to improve the squad with, so be it.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Personally excited to see what we do with the money. Cucu is too good for us. It happens. Well done those scouts.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Personally excited to see what we do with the money. Cucu is too good for us. It happens. Well done those scouts.

I feel similarly, we know that if he goes it will be for a load of cash, which will be reinvested.
personally i would like to see him stay for another season.
But if the deal is good (£60m) then fair enough.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I feel similarly, we know that if he goes it will be for a load of cash, which will be reinvested.

Agree. Must say, I’d actually be disappointed with less.

We are likely to be weaker without him, although Solly had done a good job the season before prior to injury.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Is he really to good for a side that finished seven points behind 6th place in the EPL? He is the standard of player we require to be competitive in this league.

I think so yes. Re second bit- we absolutely do need players of his quality to reach the next level- and we will continue to attract and find them, I’m sure, but the very best will want to play for the very best teams, sometimes after only one season.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

I’d love him to stay. He’s been an absolute joy.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think so yes. Re second bit- we absolutely do need players of his quality to reach the next level- and we will continue to attract and find them, I’m sure, but the very best will want to play for the very best teams, sometimes after only one season.
The interest proves it’s a difficult position to fill as we well know, can’t see him going this summer one more season of the same and then it might depend where we finish if he stays a third. I’m really hoping we have some ambition and not turn into Southampton.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The interest proves it’s a difficult position to fill as we well know, can’t see him going this summer one more season of the same and then it might depend where we finish if he stays a third. I’m really hoping we have some ambition and not turn into Southampton.

I would agree with this.
There are a few reasons why I don't think he will go this season.

1-City are the only club likely to meet our valuation and they don't really need him
2-Cucu is probably best served starting every game in a World cup season
3-Tony Bloom

It would have to be a ridiculously good offer to take him away.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I would agree with this.
There are a few reasons why I don't think he will go this season.

1-City are the only club likely to meet our valuation and they don't really need him
2-Cucu is probably best served starting every game in a World cup season
3-Tony Bloom

It would have to be a ridiculously good offer to take him away.
Agree I can’t see Tony sweating over this one. BW was a different prospect only a few thousand Albion fans watched him play live on a couple of occasions tbh he didn’t feel like an Albion player to me as no attachment was made.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014

First thing we need to do is reinvest it in a player who can fill the void. Unsurprisingly there’s not many players available who have similar attributes and positional flexibility.

My pick would be Melvin Bard. French youth international with Nice. 21 years old. Very similar to Cucu, likes to get forward and can slide into playing LCB.

Adrien Truffert from Stade Rennais is another we should have on our radar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here