Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Many of you will be pleased to hear I have been approached re some WORK in the New ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User X18H

I MAY do this as a favour for an Old Mate the irony is I am going do it for less than he offered. Dwayne you know at 3am YOU are supposed to be checking the loads on the lorries, Tesco's won't be pleased if they find out you are on here!!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I can come out with what I like thank you very much.

If anyone wants to report the post and then put me at the mercy of the other mods then fair enough.

He's still a f***ing prick.

:thumbsup:

I think the problem with Tim this year is that its all been a bit of a laugh, a bit of a game. He got a decent lump sum payment and paid salary for 6 months without working meaning he could sit around for said six months and go on a 2 month family holiday to Cornwall and then do posts on NSC saying " what shall I do today ?, I will stroll along the beach and stop for coffee and then have a spot of lunch ...." whilst everyone else were working their nuts off wondering and worrying whether they could meet their next months mortgage payment. He seems to have been detached from the real world. I know people in genuine fear of what 2009 will bring. I know of 3 people working in the local property sector who have commiteed suicide in the last 6 months.

For some people it is life and death or at least preceived in their minds as life and death. Anyone who is self employed will know if their profession is dessimated through no fault of their own , they get no lump sum, they get no salary paid, they also got no basic salary, holidays, sick pay, pension etc. I would work 15 hours a day to bring the money in in my job but their is NOTHING to offer clients. I have 500 people IO can contact this year to do business with but at the moment I have NOTHING to offer them, Hiney will relate to me on this.

I gave £ 20 to a tramp I met a couple of weeks ago for Xmas. The frightening thing is ANYONE is only 6 months without pay from being in his situation.

I hope Tim gets work as to be bitter is not going to help and the more people working means the more chance there is of this nightmare ending.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I MAY do this as a favour for an Old Mate

Wouldn't bother, won't be worth your while.

the irony is I am going do it for less than he offered.

You really do have a heart of gold don't you!

I can just picture how the contract negotiations went:

Imaginary Company: Hey my bestest old friend in the entire world, Fancy a bit of work in the new year?
hove born&bred: Corr yeah, I'm getting really bored at home watching Trisha and home make over programmes.
IC: We'll pay you £350 a day
hb&b: wow that's allot! I've got more money than I know what to do with and as you are a mate lets make it £300.
IC: Gee, that's really good of you!!
hb&b: no problem, see you in the new year. Right I'm off to polish my halo and count all my cash.
IC: Ok bye.......love you!
hb&b: I know.

:bowdown:

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Damn I thought you were a big city PLAYER inbred. £300 a day, you really have found your level, that's what we pay our admins, chump change, check Jobserve if you don't believe me :laugh:

My oh my how times have times have changed for some of the deadwood "lifers" that have been flushed out of the city.

:wave:

surely we all knew this all along though didn't we dwayne?

processing loc's is hardly hedge fund management n'est-ce pas?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So how long were you with your company before the redundancy ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
5 years and 1 month EXACTLY joined June 24th 2003 left July 24 2008

5 years is not that long with anyone, I will have done my 28th year in March with my current copmpany or the re-incarnation of it so to speak.

D

Deleted User X18H

surely we all knew this all along though didn't we dwayne?

processing loc's is hardly hedge fund management n'est-ce pas?
I never said I earned a huge salary I earned a decent salary for someone who was brought up on a council estate with a handful a O';levels who didn't go to University!!! The Property game is where I excelled

;)

D

Deleted User X18H

5 years is not that long with anyone, I will have done my 28th year in March with my current copmpany or the re-incarnation of it so to speak.
Well done that's loyalty ...............I sincerely hope they are as loyal to you!!

you people forget that I worked by way up in a company I genuinely thought I would spend the rest of my working life

I didn't forget, I just couldn't give a stuff. Isn't it what every other person on here with a job is doing anyway? You are a tedious, self-promoting bore. You failed to impress anyone with your boasts of a pay off and now you are attempting to drum up some pity with your sob stories. How pathetic.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well done that's loyalty ...............I sincerely hope they are as loyal to you!!

I am on an old railway redundancy package and it is huge so hopefully they may think twice about getting rid of me or alternatively at least a get a good wedge.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I don't care too much about anybody's redundancy package but I sure as hell don't get worked up about anybody bragging about it either. I;ve been made redundant several times and at the end of the day I know how hard it can be to get another job. Most people go on about their payments to try to remain positive hence why I have some sympathy, redundancy payments only last so long.

Bozza and mods;- May I suggest to you the concept of having a whole new section for NSC, perhaps somewhere between Childish Ramblings and NSC Gold, called "Indiscriminate Ramblings From Dull Personal Lives"?

Imagine the newly attracted posters, the crowds, the tickertape receptions etc blah blah bleugh.

You know it makes sense :thumbsup: ???

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I think being the clever old stick you are you have noticed the face behind the mask!!!

Funny that. Most people put on a mask to hide something hideously ugly.

Looks like I was right there then.

Funny that. Most people put on a mask to hide something hideously ugly.

Reminds me off the Abe Lincoln reposte when accused of being two faced. "If I were two faced would I choose to wear this one?"

(Para phrased, can't be arsed to google the exact line.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here