Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mansfield fans asking for our support in 'Haslam Out' protest on Saturday

Jan 2, 2008
Just to give you a deeper insight to our struggle here are the urls of the two ISAs at Stags
Stags Fans For Change - they are main protest group who have been giving Haslam grief at games.

Team Mansfield are the Supporters' trust They have an encyclopaedic knowledge on all of the tricks that Haslam has pulled. They hold about a £90,000 in the club which allows them to ask one question at the AGMs which take place about once every two years!

Oh and for what he looks like really at a game

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I remember making my way towards the mansfield Directors box to have a little chat with Mr Bellotti when he made an appearance during our troubles.....I was punched by one of your more over zealous stewards and most of the Brighton fans that day making their way over the fences were abused by a lot of your fans.

Not that I am in any way bitter of course as you say I spotted a few at the Fans United day.

We will of course be , and are fully supportive of your plight! Best of luck!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Team Mansfield are the Supporters' trust They have an encyclopaedic knowledge on all of the tricks that Haslam has pulled. They hold about a £90,000 in the club which allows them to ask one question at the AGMs which take place about once every two years!

Oh and for what he looks like really at a game

I have just read the whole of the Haslam Years section. What an absolute arse! I am looking forward to saturday and hope we can help you oust this tyrant.

I take it he hasn't repaid all of his loans, I got a bit lost on that front. Do you think he has written off more loans that you know about or has it all audited fully by the accountants HE selected?

Jan 2, 2008
What you say is all too true.

At the end of last season all of the teenagers gathered for their traditional run on the pitch. Unfortunately about ten of the stewards decided that they would stop them at any cost. This resulted in fourteen and fifteen year old kids being seriously assaulted - the clubs reaction of course was to say at first that if they hadn't been on the pitch it wouldn't have happened. Then a month later to sack the safety officer and many of the stewards.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were abused by some of our fans as many of them are quite conservative (with a small c) - I always take my kids of 10 and 7 to protests and to hand out leaflets and the abuse that they have had to put up with is astounding - including a guy in his 70's telling my seven year old daughter "your dad's a fu%^&ng c%^%"

However, i do know that quite a lot went to the Fans United day and also we were proud of the help we were able to give you on the boycott day. We're not all idiots!!!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
What you say is all too true.

At the end of last season all of the teenagers gathered for their traditional run on the pitch. Unfortunately about ten of the stewards decided that they would stop them at any cost. This resulted in fourteen and fifteen year old kids being seriously assaulted - the clubs reaction of course was to say at first that if they hadn't been on the pitch it wouldn't have happened. Then a month later to sack the safety officer and many of the stewards.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were abused by some of our fans as many of them are quite conservative (with a small c) - I always take my kids of 10 and 7 to protests and to hand out leaflets and the abuse that they have had to put up with is astounding - including a guy in his 70's telling my seven year old daughter "your dad's a fu%^&ng c%^%"

However, i do know that quite a lot went to the Fans United day and also we were proud of the help we were able to give you on the boycott day. We're not all idiots!!!

[yt]dUKOLeajchw[/yt]

I can't believe an old codger would say that to your daughter, what a absolute prat!

There were quite a few that were apathetic and didn't realise the severity of the situation or just simply wanted to watch the football and not get involved. You seem to have a good bunch on board, from those websites you posted. Certainly a bit more active than the Swindon fans! The poor trust seemed to be fighting a losing battle to get people interested.

I did google Haslam after your BBC game as those signs brought it to my attention. I honestly had no idea that Mansfield were struggling with Haslam and had been for so long. Have you done a Fans United game yet?

Jan 2, 2008
I have just read the whole of the Haslam Years section. What an absolute arse! I am looking forward to saturday and hope we can help you oust this tyrant.

I take it he hasn't repaid all of his loans, I got a bit lost on that front. Do you think he has written off more loans that you know about or has it all audited fully by the accountants HE selected?

He has reportedly paid back most of the loans but he now has the deeds for the planned training ground in the name of one of his companies. This means that the club paid £580,000 for a patch of land that is now owned by another company and has no control over its use.

I could go on - the local paper criticised him and called for him to sell the club so he refused to grant the copyright license for this season's fixtures to be printed in the paper.

We're hoping that saturday will be as good as the pictures below when 4,000 Stags fans went to Notts County and we had the plane fly over the ground.

[URL=http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2000700928437629211] [/URL]

[URL=http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2000736134807851311] [/URL]

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Great stuff. I will try and get over to the Evening Star to pick up a T-Shirt and some banners. We will have to hope for a good game and some extended highlights!

Do you know where you are sitting? I hope you are not ferried off to the away end. Does anyone have tickets for the East stand?

His father, being an ex-football man, must be very proud of him. :nono:

Jan 2, 2008
I did google Haslam after your BBC game as those signs brought it to my attention. I honestly had no idea that Mansfield were struggling with Haslam and had been for so long. Have you done a Fans United game yet?

The kids had two Haslam out placards measuring 70cm x 40cm on the way into the Harrogate Railway game on the BBC for health and safety reasons so you wouldn't have seen theirs!!!!

No fans united game here yet as we need to unite our own fans!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If you read above, BoF you'll see that Lord B has already ascertained that the poor wretches will be in the away end for the game. Otherwise myself and a few other family standers would be involved. I think Lord B, Roz, maybe 14th Eye are up for it. Have a look at page 1 of the thread.

Jan 2, 2008
Great stuff. I will try and get over to the Evening Star to pick up a T-Shirt and some banners. We will have to hope for a good game and some extended highlights!

Do you know where you are sitting? I hope you are not ferried off to the away end. Does anyone have tickets for the East stand?

His father, being an ex-football man, must be very proud of him. :nono:

We have soon found out that he doesn't have an ounce of true football blood in him.

I think that we are sitting in X block. It looks a long way from the pitch! All of our tickets are together.

Jan 2, 2008
Obviously being unaware of who sits where those who aren't doing the t shirts there are plenty of banners to share round. We are bringing the whole set down apart from the one that reads "Haslam is a thief" - we were advised that it might be libellous!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We have soon found out that he doesn't have an ounce of true football blood in him.

I think that we are sitting in X block. It looks a long way from the pitch! All of our tickets are together.

take some binoculars!!!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

BTW did you go to the Playoff Final with Huddersfield?

If so or not, check out www.htfc-world.com

the report on the playoff is quite brilliant...I was there being Huds born and bred

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Unfortunately we went to the game and saw the perfectly good goal disallowed!!!!! 8 adults and 2 boys went and 4 cried at the end (whilst the boys looked disgusted at us.)

from what I can remember it was the only time you got out of your half!!!

The penalty shootout was very odd......Town couldnt hit a barn door with penalties in the season and then........

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
We'll break our journey at Brighton station and call up to the Evening Star for a banner or something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here