Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mansfield fans asking for our support in 'Haslam Out' protest on Saturday

area2704

Dec 5, 2007
Just to add more thanks for all your support from the stags contingent that will be there on the day.
I will be e-mailing all the national papers sportsdesks tomorrow with the heading 'Brighton fans repay support 11 years on as another club is in crisis'.
You never know, may make a good story for one of them, especially being the FA cup.
Anyone lucky enough to get to wear a t-shirt, remember to smile just in case your in the paper.
See you all in the Evening star.

Last edited:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
If you read above, BoF you'll see that Lord B has already ascertained that the poor wretches will be in the away end for the game. Otherwise myself and a few other family standers would be involved. I think Lord B, Roz, maybe 14th Eye are up for it. Have a look at page 1 of the thread.

I'm definitely up for it. As is Lord B. Plus Miss Bracknell in attendance too. Getting supplies from the Evening Star is a little more problematic since we aren't going to be in Brighton before getting to Withdean on Saturday.

plymouth nige

plymouth nige
Oct 21, 2003
plymouth
Will there be anyone handing out T shirts etc near the ground - A few of us from the West Country would like to help, but getting to the ground is hard enough on a Sat let alone into the middle of Brighton!
wcnige

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Just to add more thanks for all your support from the stags contingent that will be there on the day.
I will be e-mailing all the national papers sportsdesks tomorrow with the heading 'Brighton fans repay support 11 years on as another club is in crisis'.
You never know, may make a good story for one of them, especially being the FA cup.
Anyone lucky enough to get to wear a t-shirt, remember to smile just in case your in the paper.
See you all in the Evening star.

There is a Brighton fan/sportswriter for The Times. Perhaps he might be able to help.

Nick Szenapik (Not sure about the spelling, someone may be able to confirm)

Nick Szczepanik is the correct spelling.

Last edited:

Just had a message from the club - they're taking a neutral stance. A real shame, given everything we've been through and all the parallels.......!!

If I was a Mansfield supporter, taking into account "all the parallels", I'd be slightly worried if the Club gave its official backing to this day of protest.

Look at what's happened in the past. The Club backed the Donny protest and Donny got relegated. The Club backed the Wrexham protest - and where are they heading?

"Neutral" looks to me to be a better option.

:)

area2704

Dec 5, 2007
Thanks for the tip BOF. I'll ring them first to check the spelling.
Oh, no need just checked it on line, it's Nick Szczepanik.
You never know may already be going.
You must have edited your message as I put this one on.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I'm definitely up for it. As is Lord B. Plus Miss Bracknell in attendance too. Getting supplies from the Evening Star is a little more problematic since we aren't going to be in Brighton before getting to Withdean on Saturday.

Perhaps we can pick up yours as well?

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Just had a message from the club - they're taking a neutral stance. A real shame, given everything we've been through and all the parallels.......!!

That is a shame - will Haslam be at the game or any of hios puppets, sat in the North stand?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
All the best for the protest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here