Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mansfield fans asking for our support in 'Haslam Out' protest on Saturday

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Considering the prize is a chance to STAND up in H or J block with the official blessing of the club there must be loads of volunteers.

You're bound to get loads of offers if you just ask around on the day, surely.

I would offer but it would look a little askew with one of the t-shirts over in the family stand.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
It would be better, though more difficult, to get volenteers from the North Stand as opposite the TV cameras.

As for drinks before the game, The Sportsman is fine for 30 mins or so but if you fancy a REAL drink at decent prices then try the Evening Star by Brighton station, the best beer pub in town.

Then take the tour on the 27 (or is it 27a?) and get there just in time for KO.

Jan 2, 2008
Thanks for all of these offers. As Area2074 says we are in a dreadful situation and any support would be very gratefully accepted. I don't know if you hit a point during your struggle when there seemed to be a feeling of apathy where those people who just wanted to watch the football and let the winds of fate sort out the club's problems seemed to hold the main opinion? We have got many people boycotting home games so the level of protest has died down at them. It is a very difficult time for us with saturday providing us with a really good oppportunity to regroup and move forward in our protest.

Just to warn you that the fairly dirgy song that we sing to the cheerful 'Love will tear us apart again' is 'Keith is ripping us off again'!

A group of us will be in the Evening star before the game to hand over any T shirts and banners to anyone who is happy to help.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Thanks for all of these offers. As Area2074 says we are in a dreadful situation and any support would be very gratefully accepted. I don't know if you hit a point during your struggle when there seemed to be a feeling of apathy where those people who just wanted to watch the football and let the winds of fate sort out the club's problems seemed to hold the main opinion? We have got many people boycotting home games so the level of protest has died down at them. It is a very difficult time for us with saturday providing us with a really good oppportunity to regroup and move forward in our protest.

Just to warn you that the fairly dirgy song that we sing to the cheerful 'Love will tear us apart again' is 'Keith is ripping us off again'!

A group of us will be in the Evening star before the game to hand over any T shirts and banners to anyone who is happy to help.

Well, this is looking good - if potential T shirt wearers could make it to the Star to pick 'em up that would be good. Should point out that my half time announcement wasn't 'sanctioned' by anyone, it was just me saying what needed to be said, as I always will in such situations! Anyway, here's to a rousing joint protest on Saturday.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

Count me in for joining in with that. Now That's What I Call WWI Joy Division.

stan miguell

Oct 31, 2007
Well, this is looking good - if potential T shirt wearers could make it to the Star to pick 'em up that would be good. Should point out that my half time announcement wasn't 'sanctioned' by anyone, it was just me saying what needed to be said, as I always will in such situations! Anyway, here's to a rousing joint protest on Saturday.

just no poetry please sunshine

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
But surely if Haslam is forced out, then Narnia will forever be ruled by the Ice Queen!

Save Haslam I say!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire

I won't be there on Saturday, but I'll be chanting Haslam Out in front of the telly! Fans Utd and all that.

Good luck Mansfield :thumbsup:

Jan 2, 2008
It looks as though we will have plenty of choice about where are going to be as it appears that we will bring just over 350 hopefully noisy fans.

Both of our strikers are definitely out and we await the details of injuries sustained by the squad on their 'bonding sesson' walking in the Peak District in the snow today!

Looking forward to playing you on Saturday and pulling off the impossible win!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Is this Haslam chap actually likely to be their on Saturday? Will happily kick him in the shins as he makes his way back for his half time cup of tea through the back of the North Stand.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Just wanted to thank the Brighton Fans in advance for any support that is forth coming on Saturday.
I was at the old Goldstone ground on 9/11/1996 when an army of supporters came up the street and burst through the gates, came marching across the pitch and tried to climb into the directors box. I always remember everyone mixed together in the away end for the second half, it was a fantastic atmoshphere, everyone shouting Belloti out. A few fans made a point of thanking the Stags fans for their support, so again thankyou and sing at the top of your voices
"HASLAM OUT, HASLAM OUT".
We really need to get rid of this money sucking cowboy!!!

P.S. Where is the best place for a good pint and chance to exchange stories before the game.

I think this is the game :)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dUKOLeajchw

Jan 2, 2008
Is this Haslam chap actually likely to be their on Saturday? Will happily kick him in the shins as he makes his way back for his half time cup of tea through the back of the North Stand.

He does go to away games but has agreed to stay away from all home matches because of the stick he gets. He is easy to recognise - just remember the lyrics to his favourite song

Who's the twat in the cowboy hat, Haslam, Haslam.
Who's the twat in the cowboy hat, Haslam is his name.
Haslam is his name, robbing is his game
Who's the twat in the cowboy hat, Haslam is his name.

Big fedora, shining eyes and red cheeks to reflect the fact that he is shortly due in court to defend his third drink driving offence! A pretty boy like him should be popular in the showers!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
keith_haslam_lead_203x152.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here