Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mandela

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
It may well do - but reading this kind of ill considered and uninformed and fatankly offensive comment made my bloody boil. And at the same time it makes me want to weep. It's pure attention seeking in the first place and I am ashamed I rose to it.

I shan't allow myself to indulge these children again. I do not withdraw the comment. I do not apologise. And I won't continue to indulge you or the poster.

I'm with you. Some of the stuff Zesh is coming out with - in particular, comparing Nelson Mandela to Fred West - is frankly vile.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Since when did Blair and Thatcher get involved in TERRORISM? And i havent seen any Blair or Thatcher tribute concerts anyway! Also who did Thatcher invade? The fact is he killed innocent people and really doesnt deserve all this praise and love. So what hes admitted he was wrong? If Ian Huntley said he was wrong and said sorry to the Holly and Jessica's parent's would everyone be happy? Maybe we should be having an Ian Huntley tribute concert, or possibly Fred West memorial day, seeing as NSC and the rest of the world love murderers so much!

What exactly would you have done in his place faced with the conditions the Black majority in South Africa suffered?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Completely agree, all these African countries should still be part of our empire, they were much better off. Since their independence they have just fallen apart and become disgraceful lawless countries, run by Dictators. Like Germany after the first wolrd war.

lol, its a wind up. bit of a controversial subject to play on but you seem to have hooked in a good haul.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
forget about the fred west thing, im not seriously comparing them, my point was they're both murderers. Anyway its my opinion on him, theres no need to get so abusive. What sort of forum is this where you cant have an opinion that goes against the system?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
forget about the fred west thing, im not seriously comparing them, my point was they're both murderers. Anyway its my opinion on him, theres no need to get so abusive. What sort of forum is this where you cant have an opinion that goes against the system?

I'm all for opinions that "go against the system".

However, on this one, you're ill informed and your analogies just don't work.

You've completely failed to see the depth of humanity involved here.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

oh dear, post something controversial and then wonder why people get on your back.

.. follow that up by sadly claiming your right to free speech has been curtailed.

Seems to follow a pattern doesn't it ?

You posted the analogy in the first place sunshine, live with the response.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

Sometimes I despair of the youth.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I wouldnt have killed people, Martin Luther King was successful without murdering wasnt he.

ZR,

When I was about 17 I worked as a hod-carrier and bricklayer improver. I found myself working all day sometimes with the the only brickie willing to discuss politics & religion. He was much much older than me, and consequently ( though it's certainly not always the case ) much much wiser.

One day I ranted on about being a conscientious objector and how those who died fighting in WW1 & WW2 should never have fought :bla::bla::bla: Now this man was a left winger and certainly not pro-war. But by the end of the day, due to his well reasoned arguments for every silly little jumped up idealist angle I came up with, I went home feeling rather silly and considerable smaller than I'd felt at the beginning of the day.

I remain a conscientious objector in principle to this day, and very much anti-war, but what I do know, thanks to this bloke in particular, is when to keep my mouth shut.

So take the hint son, and :shutup:....unless of course, you really really know what you're talking about. And I'm afraid your posts show you haven't got a scooby.

I didnt think he was sent to prison in 1962 and as his chairty said he was prisoner number 466 in 1964 hence the charity name is number 46664

It was only in 1964 that he was sentenced to life imprisonment for sabotage. But the sabotage trial came while he was already serving five years after being found guilty in 1962 of leading a strike and leaving the country illegally.

Huple

Unregistered
May 28, 2008
Standish Sanatarium
It was only in 1964 that he was sentenced to life imprisonment for sabotage. But the sabotage trial came while he was already serving five years after being found guilty in 1962 of leading a strike and leaving the country illegally.

Meat ration
Whites 5oz
Coloureds 4oz
blacks 2oz

I saw that sign in the prison in Robin Island.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
oh dear, post something controversial and then wonder why people get on your back.

.. follow that up by sadly claiming your right to free speech has been curtailed.

Seems to follow a pattern doesn't it ?

You posted the analogy in the first place sunshine, live with the response.

Yes i posted something controversial, but its my opinion isnt it. I can live with the response, its more like you lot cant live with what im saying, which is abit sad to be honest. Anyway i want post anything serious on here again if im not allowed to go against the SYSTEM and NSC's views (which are shared by everyone).

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Yes i posted something controversial, but its my opinion isnt it. I can live with the response, its more like you lot cant live with what im saying, which is abit sad to be honest. Anyway i want post anything serious on here again if im not allowed to go against the SYSTEM and NSC's views (which are shared by everyone).

I think you're missing the point. You have posted a contoversial view point, which is fair enough, but you are failling to support your argument. If you are going to post a view which many will find repulsive you must be prepared to back it up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here