Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mandela

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Well you can throw Blair and Thatcher into that pot as well.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make about to him to be honest, although your comments above about his skin colour possibly throw light on another agenda.

The fact is that this debate has already happened and no-one is trying to make the man out to be perfect. Importantly, not even himself.

The fact he is getting so much press now, is because there was a long support in this country for him to be released from his prison sentence. Quite obviously something you don't remember, and neither will you remember him being released and how massive an event it was at the time.

You're views are like the ones coming out the right wing of Conservative Government in the 1980s which even David Cameron has now publicly distanced himself from and apologised for.

Ignore him, he's just trying to impress WW, who was simply fishing for controversy.

It's a pretty pathetic attempt at controversy from Zesh's part, attempting to smear Mandela ffs!

But then again, I'll be called an old man..

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
who did thatcher invade? and while we're on the subject, i've nothing against old nels but why are WE celebrating his birthday and having a concert? cant he do that at home? i don't get it.

I probably meant Major :D, but in saying Thatcher I wasn't particularly having a go at her. Just saying that it's probably harder to find a world leader who hasn't been involved in some sort of military intervention than not. That was the point....

I can't believe people anyone is getting particularly wound up by it, it isn't something I'm overtly concerned with at all. WE are not celebrating his birthday, I'm not and I haven't spoken to anybody who is.

Hasn't he been touring the world, I see America have finally taken him off their terrorist list :D

Last edited:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I probably meant Major :D, but in saying Thatcher I wasn't particularly having a go at her. Just saying that it's probably harder to find a world leader who hasn't been involved in some sort of military intervention than not. That was the point....

I can't believe people anyone is getting particularly wound up by it, it isn't something I'm overtly concerned with at all. WE are not celebrating his birthday, I'm not and I haven't spoken to anybody who is.

Hasn't he been touring the world, I see America have finally taken him off their terrorist list :D

If he has AIDS on his t-shirt, they probably won't let him in though!

Talking of terrorists...nice to see our old friends up to no good..

Blood money: the MPs cashing in on Zimbabwe's misery - UK Politics, UK - The Independent

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Talking of terrorists...nice to see our old friends up to no good..

Blood money: the MPs cashing in on Zimbabwe's misery - UK Politics, UK - The Independent

would you care to audit all your pensions, banks and business you deal with to ensure you have absolutly no association with Zimbabwe? talk about scraping the barrel for a story, bit pathetic really. Left wing press like digging up such issue about "sleaze" involving the Tories, funny, how many CPS investigations are there into Labour funding? how many have been oddly abandoned? how many Labour fundraisers have publicly stated they were involved in possibly illegal arragments yet prosecutions are not forthcoming? totally off topic, so maybe you want to start a new one to plumb the depths of this govenments take on New Sleaze.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
would you care to audit all your pensions, banks and business you deal with to ensure you have absolutly no association with Zimbabwe? talk about scraping the barrel for a story, bit pathetic really. Left wing press like digging up such issue about "sleaze" involving the Tories, funny, how many CPS investigations are there into Labour funding? how many have been oddly abandoned? how many Labour fundraisers have publicly stated they were involved in possibly illegal arragments yet prosecutions are not forthcoming? totally off topic, so maybe you want to start a new one to plumb the depths of this govenments take on New Sleaze.

I don't think the story would have even arisen if Cameron hadn't made comments about people questioning their economic involvement in the country.

The newspaper has simply done what he asked....

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
If the situation was the other way round and the whites were being treated like shit by the blacks, then no one would care about a white uprising and the whites would probably be killed.

. . . as has been happening in Zimbabwe for years
Now they've run out of whites to kill they're turning on themselves.
Rampant inflation
A complete inability to rule other than by fear
It does make you wonder what we did when we granted these people independence
And before anyone accuses me of not knowing what I am talking about I do have family over in Africa - luckily not Zimbabwe otherwise they'd de dead by now but in Malawi and in South Africa and believe me being in either place at present is not the safest. Doors and windows have to be triple locked and barred otherwise these scum break their way into the place and rape maim and murder.
I have friends who live in Kenya and it's exactly the same there. Completely f***ing lawless.
So what good did Mandela ever do apart from to give all the white liberals something to bleat about ?
Oh that's right - he gave them "freedom". Freedom to be worse off than they had ever been before. Freedom to rape maim and murder with impunity. Funny sort of world where that is judged to be a good thing.
Words fail me they really do . . .

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Rampant inflation
And before anyone accuses me of not knowing what I am talking about I do have family over in Africa - luckily not Zimbabwe otherwise they'd de dead by now but in Malawi and in South Africa and believe me being in either place at present is not the safest. Doors and windows have to be triple locked and barred otherwise these scum break their way into the place and rape maim and murder.
I have friends who live in Kenya and it's exactly the same there. Completely f***ing lawless.
So what good did Mandela ever do apart from to give all the white liberals something to bleat about ?
Oh that's right - he gave them "freedom". Freedom to be worse off than they had ever been before. Freedom to rape maim and murder with impunity. Funny sort of world where that is judged to be a good thing.

:thud:

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Ignore him, he's just trying to impress WW, who was simply fishing for controversy.

It's a pretty pathetic attempt at controversy from Zesh's part, attempting to smear Mandela ffs!

But then again, I'll be called an old man..

Stop playing that card, getting boring now. I cant see how im trying to impress WW, didnt see him show his dissaproval towards Mandela. I called him an old man in a sarcastic way, as he called me young man (which is apparently meant to be a witty insult).

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Well you can throw Blair and Thatcher into that pot as well.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make about to him to be honest, although your comments above about his skin colour possibly throw light on another agenda.

The fact is that this debate has already happened and no-one is trying to make the man out to be perfect. Importantly, not even himself.

The fact he is getting so much press now, is because there was a long support in this country for him to be released from his prison sentence. Quite obviously something you don't remember, and neither will you remember him being released and how massive an event it was at the time.

You're views are like the ones coming out the right wing of Conservative Government in the 1980s which even David Cameron has now publicly distanced himself from and apologised for.

Since when did Blair and Thatcher get involved in TERRORISM? And i havent seen any Blair or Thatcher tribute concerts anyway! Also who did Thatcher invade? The fact is he killed innocent people and really doesnt deserve all this praise and love. So what hes admitted he was wrong? If Ian Huntley said he was wrong and said sorry to the Holly and Jessica's parent's would everyone be happy? Maybe we should be having an Ian Huntley tribute concert, or possibly Fred West memorial day, seeing as NSC and the rest of the world love murderers so much!

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Rampant inflation

Completely agree, all these African countries should still be part of our empire, they were much better off. Since their independence they have just fallen apart and become disgraceful lawless countries, run by Dictators. Like Germany after the first wolrd war.

Dandyman

In London village.
Schools seem to break up for summer earlier and earlier these days.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Since when did Blair and Thatcher get involved in TERRORISM? And i havent seen any Blair or Thatcher tribute concerts anyway! Also who did Thatcher invade? The fact is he killed innocent people and really doesnt deserve all this praise and love. So what hes admitted he was wrong? If Ian Huntley said he was wrong and said sorry to the Holly and Jessica's parent's would everyone be happy? Maybe we should be having an Ian Huntley tribute concert, or possibly Fred West memorial day, seeing as NSC and the rest of the world love murderers so much!

I was simply pointing out that it's difficult to identify a world leader who hasn't been involved in some kind of military action, so your example was a bit weak in the debate. Or you can simply repeat someone else's reaction to that, because that's really all you do isn't it ?

Anyway, I'm quite happy to step out of an argument with someone who compares Nelson Mandela to Ian Huntley or Fred West. Even his strongest opponents wouldn't do that.

Huple

Unregistered
May 28, 2008
Standish Sanatarium
I was simply pointing out that it's difficult to identify a world leader who hasn't been involved in some kind of military action, so your example was a bit weak in the debate. Or you can simply repeat someone else's reaction to that, because that's really all you do isn't it ?

Anyway, I'm quite happy to step out of an argument with someone who compares Nelson Mandela to Ian Huntley or Fred West. Even his strongest opponents wouldn't do that.

Hard to compare Mandela to Fred West really.

Fred West was at the time very quiet over the 1964 Rivonia trials so its difficult to know if he approved of the speech Mandela gave which finished with the lines

During my lifetime I have dedicated myself to this struggle of the African people. I have fought against white domination, and I have fought against black domination. I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony and with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I hope to live for and to achieve. But if needs be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die.

Last edited:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I think that comment says more about you than him.

It may well do - but reading this kind of ill considered and uninformed and fatankly offensive comment made my bloody boil. And at the same time it makes me want to weep. It's pure attention seeking in the first place and I am ashamed I rose to it.

I shan't allow myself to indulge these children again. I do not withdraw the comment. I do not apologise. And I won't continue to indulge you or the poster.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here