Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manchester United V Liverpool

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Has anyone else likened Dalglish's return to Keegan at Newcastle? Got the fans crowing about passion coming back and all that but forgot the team wasn't very good and passion makes no difference

Certainly seemed to play a dam sight better then under Roy just from the fact he was in charge.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
I reckon half the country would love to see Liverpool relegated, some of it is probably jealousy because of what the club have achivieved through the years, I would love it if they were relegated it may also do the fans and the club some good,bit of realisation for them that they are no longer a force in the game.

Yeah, pitty fans of the most sucessful club in the country not wanting to settle for mediocrity 5 years after winning the biggest club trophy on offer.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Yeah, pitty fans of the most sucessful club in the country not wanting to settle for mediocrity 5 years after winning the biggest club trophy on offer.

I still believe some money somewhere changed hands - 3-0 down to Ac milan at half time. History is history and a very average Liverpool came back and won it but something doesn't ring true. If i was a Liverpool fan i'd be gutted they were unlcky that they were on the decline when all the Sky money came into football just as Man Utd were getting good.

Out of interest if English clubs hadn't been kicked out of Europe do you think Everton would have lifted the European cup in 1986?

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
I still believe some money somewhere changed hands - 3-0 down to Ac milan at half time. History is history and a very average Liverpool came back and won it but something doesn't ring true. If i was a Liverpool fan i'd be gutted they were unlcky that they were on the decline when all the Sky money came into football just as Man Utd were getting good.

Out of interest if English clubs hadn't been kicked out of Europe do you think Everton would have lifted the European cup in 1986?

Not old enough to judge, although my cousin tells me so many times they would have I've started to believe it. If Liverpool were to climb to the top again I'd happily see Everton be the 2nd best side in the country though. At least that way they might not bring out a DVD when they win a derby :D.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
The best bit of creativity by a Liverpool player in a long time :lolol::lolol::lolol:

howard_webb.jpg

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Certainly seemed to play a dam sight better then under Roy just from the fact he was in charge.

I'm sure you know there's usually an initial Honeymoon period under a new boss. Players out to impress etc. It'll be in 4 or 5 games time that will be the real test

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Not old enough to judge, although my cousin tells me so many times they would have I've started to believe it. If Liverpool were to climb to the top again I'd happily see Everton be the 2nd best side in the country though. At least that way they might not bring out a DVD when they win a derby :D.

Another DVD out shortly then :) Reason i dislike Liverpool and pretty irrational really is at school in mid 80's before my Dad took me to see Brighton I supported Everton adn was gutted when i found out that side would not get to play in Europe that year due to as i saw it at the time bloody Liverpool causing trouble. Out of interest in Liverpool do Everton fans maon about that?

One thing i will give Liverpool though is for atmisphere i don't think the Kop could be beaten anywhere in the country when in full song.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I don't watch a huge amount of Premiership football. I tend to watch MOTD if I am about and read about the top flight as they dominate the sports section. It seems clear to me that Torres wants out. He seems to have been angling for a move for a while. The famous 'No Champions League football' will come into play at the end of the season and he will be off to sunnier climes or somewhere with a bigger wage budget (i.e. more likely to win trophies).

I'm surprised Gerrard hasn't moved on, but then I guess he is in the comfort zone and the scousers adore him. That won't stop him from flirting with another club, an improved offer and then claiming it was 'always about Liverpool'.

For my sins, I was a Liverpool 'fan' at a young age - I even had a replica scarf, but quickly realised that my local team was the one for me, despite being the only Brighton fan in my family.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Another DVD out shortly then :) Reason i dislike Liverpool and pretty irrational really is at school in mid 80's before my Dad took me to see Brighton I supported Everton adn was gutted when i found out that side would not get to play in Europe that year due to as i saw it at the time bloody Liverpool causing trouble. Out of interest in Liverpool do Everton fans maon about that?One thing i will give Liverpool though is for atmisphere i don't think the Kop could be beaten anywhere in the country when in full song.

Imagine the amount Liverpool talk about 5 times, doubled.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
I don't watch a huge amount of Premiership football. I tend to watch MOTD if I am about and read about the top flight as they dominate the sports section. It seems clear to me that Torres wants out. He seems to have been angling for a move for a while. The famous 'No Champions League football' will come into play at the end of the season and he will be off to sunnier climes or somewhere with a bigger wage budget (i.e. more likely to win trophies).

I'm surprised Gerrard hasn't moved on, but then I guess he is in the comfort zone and the scousers adore him. That won't stop him from flirting with another club, an improved offer and then claiming it was 'always about Liverpool'.

For my sins, I was a Liverpool 'fan' at a young age - I even had a replica scarf, but quickly realised that my local team was the one for me, despite being the only Brighton fan in my family.

Torres has said he will see out the end of contract at least if that is what the club wants from him. And Gerrards dream is not to win the league, it is to win it with Liverpool, he will never leave. And as for Torres if he goes to the manager and says 'I want to leave', then don't let the door hit him on the way out.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I reckon half the country would love to see Liverpool relegated, some of it is probably jealousy because of what the club have achivieved through the years, I would love it if they were relegated it may also do the fans and the club some good,bit of realisation for them that they are no longer a force in the game.

Given the attitude of saints and leeds fans, do you really think liverpool fans would take a dose of realism?

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
Seriously - Liverpool fans are starting to really piss me off -I used to have a bit of a soft spot for thm as my girlfirend supports them but they are just stupid.

This sense of entitlement they have because they were champions 20 years ago. Hodgson getting no time because he wasn't a big enough name for the fans was a complete lack of respect - he was good enough when they didn't have a brass farthing to rub together and couldn't wait to get Benitez out the door.

And their all over the moon with Dalglish being appointed like the Geordie morons were about Keegan. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the only constant through this inexorable slide into mediocrity Sammy Lee, another can do no wrong old boy, that was so useless as manager of Bolton (a team who are now above Liverpool in the league) he was fired after about 10 minutes. No matter who they have as manager , they are due for a few barren seasons and the fans would do well to adjust their expectations otherwise they are going to be appointing a new manager every other week.

There has got to be something seriously wrong with the coaching staff there - not neccessarily the management. Torres looks like an imposter, Kuyt was bought as a 20 goal a year man and now couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo, Johnson was twice the player he is now as a kid at West Ham, Babel was one of the most exciting prospects in Europe 2 or 3 years ago. Skrtel, Agger, Lucas have all gone backwards. And when was the last time they brought a kid through the academy? Even in the late 90's early 00's when they weren't a great side there was Owen, Fowler, Gerrard, Carragher who came through as kids. They are in utter disarray and they are moaning about a couple of refereeing decisions

Lucas has improved

Academy: Martin Kelly, had a blinder

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
Yes, I'm absolutely CERTAIN that it was. Glad you agree.

Presumably he was less than impressed with Fabio (or the other one)'s challenge seconds before, but he absolutely looked like he was trying to make a point with his challenge. You could see it in his face. The intent, I'm sure wasn't actually to injure Carrick, but it was definitely to 'let him know who was boss'.

yeah i dived in like that because Mierlies bottled a challenge seconds earlier and we kept giving the ball away stupidly im midfield. no way did he have intent to injure the player, he was just trying to express how a 'proper' tackle should be executed. unfortunately he got it all wrong lol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here