Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manchester United v Barcelona *** Official Thread ***

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Nobody would expect Ryan Giggs to score with a free kick in the last minute and win 1-0.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
My bet (which I neglected to do) would be Manchester United to get only one corner in the first 90 minutes. This was 14/1.

I think Biscuits is the player to watch.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Does anyone on here want Manchester United to win?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
They only 'refund' 1st/Last Goalscorer, Correct Score and Scorecast singles on the match. When they say 'refund' I hope it's not just credit.
Let's hope Iniesta scores first and Barca win then!

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The buzzer for the curry goes off 35 minutes into the game. I expect the first goal to come when I am poutting the rice in the pan.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Does anyone on here want Manchester United to win?

I want the best team to win, but after the commentators have finished drooling and start getting at the diving foreigners, I expect I would want the English and Welsh (like Giggs) to win against the Spaniards and Brazilians.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I want the best team to win, but after the commentators have finished drooling and start getting at the diving foreigners, I expect I would want the English and Welsh (like Giggs) to win against the Spaniards and Brazilians.

MUFC have Brazilians as well

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Its lke a bloomin' ZOO in that ITV studio. If its not Barca pub singers drowning out the panel, its loveable cheeky Manc geezers gurning through the windows at them :lol:

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Really looking forward to this game, love watching Barca and Man U playing well too, cant see it being anything other than a great game of football...Barca passing them to death but Man u breaking quick from defence when they can and trying to catch them out.......gone for 2-1 to Man U @ 12-1. Just got a feeling utd can sneak it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I want and expect United to win my major concern is will they keep 11 men on the pitch. A diving, crying Spanish team with a Hungarian ref doesnt bode well for them finishing with 11 on the field. Who will be the first sent off Vidic or Rooney?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Much as I'm hoping for a Barca win, I just hope we get a proper game without any diving, imaginary card waving and general pratting about from either side.

Everyone on that pitch is paid exorbitant sums of money to PLAY FOOTBALL, so lets hope that's precisely what they do.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Barca seem to be easing into their stride nicely, good clean game so far too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here