Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manchester United v Barcelona *** Official Thread ***

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
bloody interviewing Ashley Cole now:tosser:

reckon we could be in for a corker. Stuck £20 on Villa to score first and a few minor bets.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I was laughed at on here for suggesting that the way for Man Utd to win tonight was to man mark Messi although I suggested O'Shea to do that job the experts are predicting that Man Utd will adapt that tactic but using Park Ji Sung in the role.

That's what I would do if I was Fergy. If Messi is that good, the plan will backfire. I don't think he is though, not a patch on Cryuff ????

I would be tempted to man-mark Biscuits.

Last edited:

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
I'm having a 'Likely Lads' moment [one for the teenagers] and trying to avoid the score, as my wife doesn't get in till half nine - I also want to sit on NSC all night so could you all refrain from commenting on the game, please - thanks :dunce:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Mascherano starts at centre back for Barca. Surely Barca's weakest link and has a tendancy to get sent off against Man Utd.

Sep 1, 2010
As paddy power are refunding bets if Barca win in normal time i have put a few quid on, one of them is £1.00 at the score being 4-2 to Barca @ 90/1

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Wembley

The pitch size, as lined for association football, is 115 yards (105 m) long by 75 yards (69 m) wide, slightly narrower than the old Wembley.

Wembley Stadium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The decisions he has made about Albion's new home for next season, the 22,500-seat Amex Stadium in Falmer, have also been carefully calculated. Poyet says: 'The pitch is going to be the biggest pitch in England, because of the way we play. The teams that are going to come here are going to have a problem.
'They say, "Oh yeah, two yards, three yards, it doesn't matter".

'No, it does matter. Two yards is a goal. Two yards is a possibility to get away from a defender.

'When you go and play in

Read more: Gus Poyet: Brighton's new pitch will rival Barcelona's Nou Camp | Mail Online

Field dimensions 105 × 69 m (344 × 226 ft)
Tenants
Brighton & Hove Albion (from 2011)
Falmer Stadium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Camp Nou

Pitch dimensions:
Length: 105 m
Width: 72 m

Camp Nou (FC Barcelona stadium)

Old Trafford

105 × 68 m
Old Trafford - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

UEFA standard dimension pitch, 105 by 68 metres

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Teams:

Barcelona: Valdes, Dani Alves, Mascherano, Pique, Abidal, Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta, Villa, Messi, Pedro. Subs: Oier, Puyol, Bojan, Keita, Afellay, Adriano Correia, Thiago.

Man Utd: Van der Sar, Fabio Da Silva, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Giggs, Park, Rooney, Hernandez. Subs: Kuszczak, Owen, Anderson, Smalling, Nani, Scholes, Fletcher.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
How can Gary Neville say that Pique isn't a natural defender? Yeah well done Gary he doesn't get voted as the one of the best defenders in Europe for not being able to play at Centre half properly :facepalm:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
As paddy power are refunding bets if Barca win in normal time i have put a few quid on, one of them is £1.00 at the score being 4-2 to Barca @ 90/1

With that I've gone for first scorers:

£5 @ Giggs 20/1 (against Mascherano)
£5 @ Rooney 13/2
£10 free bet @ Messi 4/1
£10 @ Iniesta 14/1

Put your money on Hernandez.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
How can Gary Neville say that Pique isn't a natural defender? Yeah well done Gary he doesn't get voted as the best CB in Europe for not being able to play at Centre half properly :facepalm:

Think more sour grapes as Ferguson should never have let him go.

Sep 1, 2010
With that I've gone for first scorers:

£5 @ Giggs 20/1 (against Mascherano)
£5 @ Rooney 13/2
£10 free bet @ Messi 4/1
£10 @ Iniesta 14/1

Put your money on Hernandez.

Oh bigger money than me. Good luck. The other 2 bets i have done is Iniesta to score anytime @ 13/2 which i good price i think and Barcelona to win 3-1 @ 17/1

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here