Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
b5ecbdf9e48eb2381aa23e7edaa45e2b.jpg

Bonus points suggest the defenders did their jobs better than anyone else tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

vade

Dec 7, 2020
Much better performance but must get that ball into the penalty area much more quickly, stop trying to play out of our own penalty area in defence and making stupid back passes

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I am, I really do believe that some of our so called fans actually want us to do badly just so they can justify their negativity about this club. Un fecking believable. Tonight was a fabulous performance and with a bit of luck and cooler heads we could have come away with a point. Does anyone really EXPECT us to beat City, the same City who beat the current table toppers just a few days ago and haven’t lost for bloody ages?

Well wasn’t there one post match who said he would be happy to see us thumped if it meant the manager got booted :facepalm:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
If only we played like that more often.

Yeah we haven't played like that since the second half of our last league game.:smile:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I am, I really do believe that some of our so called fans actually want us to do badly just so they can justify their negativity about this club. Un fecking believable. Tonight was a fabulous performance and with a bit of luck and cooler heads we could have come away with a point. Does anyone really EXPECT us to beat City, the same City who beat the current table toppers just a few days ago and haven’t lost for bloody ages?

We didn't threaten their goal once, did we? A good containment job in the main, right out of the Hughton playbook.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We didn't threaten their goal once, did we? A good containment job in the main, right out of the Hughton playbook.

No no no I have it good authority that Potter only has plan A, are you suggesting he has a plan B? Surely not. How do you suggest we should have played City tonight? Maybe you think we should be beating teams like City

Goberpiles

Feb 25, 2017
A 1-0 loss to City does not suddenly make Potter the right man for Brighton, wins v Leeds, Blackpool and Fulham in the next three games would change a lot of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Was good to see Khadra get his first taste of Prem football tonight, he certainly looks like he's got some after burners on him

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We played well tonight I am amazed how Trossard and MacArgi looked pants a few days back against Newport but today it's a different story why is that, I hope it's not they only turn up for the big games!

Still can't take chances still need a target man Ho well we move on to Leeds

Agree with all of this.

The only thing I can say in our players defence against Newport, and it is a minor one, the differences in the quality of the pitch was a factor.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
No,... but we do expect a bit more in the final third at least,.. we are constantly failing to deliver end product,.. he constantly selects March who excels at back passes.... and in nearly 190 games has scored 12.... Duffy had a better rate than that.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
No no no I have it good authority that Potter only has plan A, are you suggesting he has a plan B? Surely not. How do you suggest we should have played City tonight? Maybe you think we should be beating teams like City

In recent times he has learnt how to set up the team to contain e.g. paying 5 central defenders.. He made a mistake against Arsenal being so defensive though. I'm not criticising his tactics or the performance today. We were still pretty toothless up front though and, if we don't sort that out, we are in deep, deep trouble.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No,... but we do expect a bit more in the final third at least,.. we are constantly failing to deliver end product,.. he constantly selects March who excels at back passes.... and in nearly 190 games has scored 12.... Duffy had a better rate than that.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You might have expected more tonight, I didn’t

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here