Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

So how many break downs are we going to see on here at 5pm tonight when BDB is picked to play up against Mahrez and Bernardo Silva?! [emoji23]

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
We will win tonight through unusual means. Stay with me here....

The media are getting twitchy about all the goal celebrations so overnight refs will have been told to clamp down on excessive celebrations. Therefore when city score their first goal they will all get booked for hugs. When the second goes in they will get reds. We will be declared the winners and stroll off before the clock has even reached 10 mins.

It sounds far fetched but it is more likely than us beating them by scoring more goals!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
So how many break downs are we going to see on here at 5pm tonight when BDB is picked to play up against Mahrez and Bernardo Silva?! [emoji23]

I for one will be digging up the youtube clip of him bring the ball down over his shoulder and passing upfield, before being congratulated by Aguero

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
We will win tonight through unusual means. Stay with me here....

The media are getting twitchy about all the goal celebrations so overnight refs will have been told to clamp down on excessive celebrations. Therefore when city score their first goal they will all get booked for hugs. When the second goes in they will get reds. We will be declared the winners and stroll off before the clock has even reached 10 mins.

It sounds far fetched but it is more likely than us beating them by scoring more goals!

Over-active imagination. Berty! But I hope you're right!

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
If we can keep it down to a 3-0 defeat, that'll be quite an achievement; I've already predicted 5-0 to Citeh, and that was before we knew how many players would be unavailable due to injury, suspension or illness.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
That sounds like a lot of fun. For your benefit I hope Albion have a really tough night and a heavy defeat. If Davy Propper can put in a bad performance, with at least one really big mistake, then that would be the icing on the cake for me.

I hope not, It's a double edged masochistic sword, Like MInton, to Case, cross field pass . . . directly under Peter Smiths boot and out for a throw in.

I onlt use PS as a reference becasue it caused much hillarity in front of us on the East Terrace at the time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
WBA got a draw there recently, and then sacked their manager:lolol:

Up there with the most impressive boardroom decisions a PL club has made this season (for us) :thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited, normally an easy 3 points for us Citeh away

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Going back to Hughtons tactics for this one. Stay in game as long as possible.

Going along with this,

we start with one point and we're going to hold on to it for as long as possible and if the opportunity arrives we're take their point also and subsequently the third one will be ours too, believe :smile:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Not feeling any good vibes at all about this one,will watch with an air of total apathy whilst listening to the commentary team and pundits usual w**k fest over how great the multi billionaires of Citeh are as they bang in goal after goal against plucky little ol' Brighton who "play some good football but lack a cutting edge", still we live in hope of a major miracle!

This.

It does feel quite inevitable tonight.

Pep’s boys will win handsomely. Oh but it’s so impressive, it only cost them two billion to do it. Pundits creaming themselves, Potter sucking air through his teeth in the post match interview.

We’re not going to get anything are we. And shame with that. What would I like? How about a goal,or 2, and keep their goals under 4.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here