Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

manc derby (merged)

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
My joy is tempered by the fact that Man City has begun to exemplify all the reasons why I hate ManU -- foreign owners, chequebook player development, etc... -- except for the history. I had forgotten that Man City had been in the third division as recently as 1999, and beat Gillingham to climb out of it in 2001. ManU deserves such a fate.

with you there. Always really liked Man City as a neutral. The money and foreign owners makes me a bit ambivalent to their success now. Still, it WAS funny though eh?

Huple

Unregistered
May 28, 2008
Standish Sanatarium
I cannot for the life of me work out why there is such a lack of respect afforded towards people like me who support Man Utd.
I never got this sort of abuse when I supported Liverpool, Leeds and Arsenal.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I cannot for the life of me work out why there is such a lack of respect afforded towards people like me who support Man Utd.

:lolol:

Brilliant.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Yes, that sums up non Manchester area plastics precisely.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Man City fan today...

United fans have contracted a serious 'bird-flu' virus today and will not be available for work.
It's called SICK SWAN flu and it's a killer.

Made me laugh anyway.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
New game today...who will be the first to walk around town and spot a Man U shirt wearer?????
There was one in our club yesterday with Rooney No 10...think he left after the 4th goal....tee hee!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Fergie has said a selection error led to the defeat yesterday. He said:

"In hindsight resting Howard Webb for such an important game was a mistake".

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I caught some of 606 last night, all the Utd fans were moaning about City's money, they seem to forget that they are only where they are today because of Sky's money and the fact that they went public to get shed loads of money (shame that backfired)

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
A decent win tonight and I will be lovin it, just lovin it!
On a purely unbiased note, Citeh looked very, very good.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Ha ha, I was enjoying a cracking bit of roast lamb, and several pints of Ringwood in a gorgeous pub, and you were watching the Manchester derby and posting on here about me. Love it!:thumbsup:

Nope. I was on a aeroplane for the Manchester derby thanks. Check the timings :thumbsup:

You must have been devastated by the result though.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I caught some of 606 last night, all the Utd fans were moaning about City's money, they seem to forget that they are only where they are today because of Sky's money and the fact that they went public to get shed loads of money (shame that backfired)

Indeed. The Old Trafford paupers have only been able to spend £31 million on Dimitar Berbatov, £20 million on Wayne Rooney, almost £19 million on Michael Carrick, £30 million on Rio Ferdinand, £17 million on Owen Hargreaves, £12.25 million on diving cheating winking fucker, £19 million on Ruud van Nistelrooy, £10 million on Chris Smalling, £17 million on Phil Jones, etc etc etc.

I don't know how they've managed to get by on such a pittance, I really don't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here