Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manager by the weekend??

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I'd be more than happy with Hoddle, in fact I think I'd prefer him to every feasible name mentioned on NSC so far. He knows the English game too which I am starting to think is a big plus.
I wouldn't. I still have memories of an end of season game at Wolves where it was all too obvious that the locals weren't happy with him as their manager. Big budget for the division and seriously underperformed as I remember. A big cheer that afternoon when the Albion faithful started singing 'Hoddle for Scotland'. And don't get me started about all that Eileen Drewery crap

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
i work in education. When we say 'next year' we mean next academic year - the one beginning in september. So does clement mean 'next year' (2015) or 'next season' (august)? Just a thought

blimey if you cannot get next year right; what hope have for our children?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Wherever the meeting, surely they would want a look around the training ground. I know people are saying it would take as long as it takes, however time does make a difference. Last season Oscar came in at the end of June and did not have a lot of time to plan and we had most of the squad.
This time half the squad has gone, so its important to have a manager in ASAP with some ideas for the players he wants in. He needs to build a squad before pre season starts, before he even gets in the door, it looks like more players are going (Ulloa). I would expect an announcement before the weekend is out.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Sven's assistant, Turd Grip, is a big fan of the Sea-Life Centre, and he supposedly begged Sven to accept the contract at BHA so that he could spend more time with the starfish he adopted.

#itk

Sven's assistant, Turd Grip, is a big fan of the Sea-Life Centre, and he supposedly begged Sven to accept the contract at BHA so that he could spend more time with the starfish he adopted.

#itk

OK but does he know that the buy one get one free admission for the S-LC is no longer one of the Albion Hat-trick lottery prizes?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The left field candidate suggests one of two choices , an out of work manager who does football punditry as a sideline and lives on a farm or a manager who wouldn't be out of place driving a combine harvester.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
One of the candidates is a manager, who, for personal reasons, has not worked for a while. He has a very good track record in the PL and his name crops up from time to time, linked with other jobs.
IMHO he would be an excellent choice given that he was hungry again and up for it.
( Source...his agent, who I know very well )

That, surely, will be the agent of either Roberto Di Matteo or Steve Clarke.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I kind of agree with you but I'm wondering whether those days are gone for most clubs. Managers come and go so quickly these days and perhaps the most important thing is that the club has the infrastructure, scouting network, academy and footballing ethos that a manager can simply slot into, and not be thrown into chaos every time there's a change. Easy to say, I know, but if I were Tony Bloom that's the direction I would be heading because let's face it ... clubs the size of Brighton will tend to lose good managers and sack bad ones and the chances of hanging onto someone for three or four years look increasingly remote.

Totally agree. Keeping a Manager 2 seasons might be it. 1st to get fully established, 2nd for success or rethink by either side - poached/wants new challenge/sacked?

A quick Google shows article in Independent from 4 years ago talking about average tenure of Championship Manager being 16 months

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Her indoors reckons it would be Zola mainly due to the Argus stating it will not be him and he has nice eyes ! loaded with these unquestionable facts ive had a fiver at 28s , strange that very soon after the Argus statement his odds went down to 16s .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here