Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man U v Chelsea

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
This is all very funny and all that, but why is it that EVERY time someone says something bushy doesn't like, it ends up with some thinly veiled threat?

P.S. bushy, you're right about Torres.
Its not everytime someone says something i dont like, its everytime someone starts insulting me personally, perhaps you'd also like to tell me that to my face?..............................joke!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
OK, but there's 4,000 posters on here, there's always going to be someone that agrees with any opinion. We had a striker called Chris Holroyd here last season, dreadful player, never put himself within eight yards of scoring. Right up to the day he left there was the odd poster who insisted he would come good even though he patently never would. Strongly suspect that the vast majority of Chelsea fans - and players - would rather they cut their losses on Torres, and sooner rather than later.
Well the majority of Chelsea fans that i go with would disagree with you, and As I said in my original post, if you did watch the game yesterday,and after voicing such a strong opinion I feel sure you must have , you know absolutely f*** all about football.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well the majority of Chelsea fans that i go with would disagree with you, and As I said in my original post, if you did watch the game yesterday,and after voicing such a strong opinion I feel sure you must have , you know absolutely f*** all about football.

Lovely. Carry on carrying Torres up front then. Best of luck with that.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Lovely. Carry on carrying Torres up front then. Best of luck with that.
I am quite prepared for you to resurrect this post in a couple of months if I am proved wrong, I know I will be reminding you of it as soon as i feel Torres has enough goals to warrant it, which I suspect will be a lot sooner than you , with your near encyclopedic knowledge of strikers and their foibles , thinks.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I am quite prepared for you to resurrect this post in a couple of months if I am proved wrong, I know I will be reminding you of it as soon as i feel Torres has enough goals to warrant it, which I suspect will be a lot sooner than you , with your near encyclopedic knowledge of strikers and their foibles , thinks.

Fine by me. I'd say ten League goals by the end of the year would be a reasonable expectation. Or is that setting the bar a bit high?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
But THPP we also had a striker called Murray who I believe you called "one in ten Glenn..."

When actually that wasnt the case.

Just saying loike.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I don't say this often but bushy's completely right this time. Torres played well and has looked good this season

I'm sure Roman would completely agree, his £50m investment to win the European Cup looks like money well spent for the 27 year old, I doubt the Russian oligarch is looking at the 23 yr old £35m Aguero with any envy at all.

Don't get me wrong, I thought Torres played well yesterday, but he could have won the game for his team. £50m was a ridiculous figure to spend, and perhaps that's the Chelsea owners fault rather than Torres, but I wonder if Liverpool's medics knew his injuries had caught up with him, and whether Chelsea in their haste to sign him checked hard enough. Time will tell, but since he signed, 3 goals in 29 appearances for club and country is a worrying statistic. The comparisons with Michael Owen's career and the injuries that took a toll from a young age look surprisingly similar.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I'm sure Roman would completely agree, his £50m investment to win the European Cup looks like money well spent for the 27 year old, I doubt the Russian oligarch is looking at the 23 yr old £35m Aguero with any envy at all.

Don't get me wrong, I thought Torres played well yesterday, but he could have won the game for his team. £50m was a ridiculous figure to spend, and perhaps that's the Chelsea owners fault rather than Torres, but I wonder if Liverpool's medics knew his injuries had caught up with him, and whether Chelsea in their haste to sign him checked hard enough. Time will tell, but since he signed, 3 goals in 29 appearances for club and country is a worrying statistic. The comparisons with Michael Owen's career and the injuries that took a toll from a young age look surprisingly similar.

This is a fair post, It has without doubt crossed my mind that we refused to pay £ 38 mio for Aguero, its also worrying that we have a bit of form with buying strikers who failed to meet expectations, chris sutton for one and even robert fleck years ago, and obviously schevchenko, but i also remember mark hughes having a terrible time when he first joined us , and nobody is going to tell me he was a failure at chelsea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here