Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man U release striker

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dont know enough about hiom to pass comment but I do know that the last one we got from United in similar circumstances didnt do too badly.................... Peter O'Sullivan.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Albion Dan said:
Luton is a total dump but if you think its worse than Withdean you need your head examined! For a starters they have more than 1000 seats under a roof, secondly 3/4s of the ground is not made of lego, and you can also hear the crowd.

I can not think of any other grounds (Barnet? Cheltenham?) that are worse than ours in the league.

i can pretty much say there isn't a ground in the top 3 leagues that i wouldn't wanna swap with in a flash!:D

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Rougvie said:
but Brighton is the best place in England to live. FACT.

And one of the most expensive! This means players moving from up North want relocation packages, which normally prices us out of the deal (Iwelumo for example).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Rougvie said:
I know Aberdeen looked at this lad and were WELL impressed but the word is he wanted to stay down south.

Are Aberdeen as good or better than CCC bearing in mind we sold Dirk Lehman and he went straight into the Hibs side? Brian Horton sold Holgrove when we were in the bottom division and he went straight into the Hearts side, also most of the players Rix is signing for Hearts are from Oxford or similar. So, is the Scottish Prem outside of Rangers and Celtic better than the CCC?

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
BensGrandad said:
Are Aberdeen as good or better than CCC bearing in mind we sold Dirk Lehman and he went straight into the Hibs side and Brian Horton sold Holgrove when we were in the bottom division and he went straight into the Hearts side also most of the players Rix is signing for Hearts are from Oxford or similar so is the Scottish Prem outside of Rangers and Celtic better than the CCC.

Not even one comma or anything!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
this is all over the Huddersfield Rivals site as well. They are looking to replace Andy Booth.

Seemly he wants to go back to Dallas FC

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
BensGrandad said:
Sorry I didnt realise this was an English Grammar lesson. I know most of the posters are students but that is taking it too far.

You should be setting an example to us youngun's ...;)

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Does Insider know something we dont about this move, he is asked a question about him in the Ask the Club section and his answer is

He is now... and yes Mark knows about him. Cheers.

Last edited by Insider on 31-01-2006 at 15:21

Normally he keeps schtum about such matters, who knows?!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
BensGrandad said:
Sorry I didnt realise this was an English Grammar lesson. I know most of the posters are students but that is taking it too far.

I wasnt having a pop at you Im just a bit bored and found it funny that you could write a sentence so long without using any punctutation dont take it the wrong way it just so happens that I do think that particular post was rather interesting but was rather hard to read due to the lack of commas and possible full stops dont let me stop you.

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I wasnt having a pop at you Im just a bit bored and found it funny that you could write a sentence so long without using any punctutation dont take it the wrong way it just so happens that I do think that particular post was rather interesting but was rather hard to read due to the lack of commas and possible full stops dont let me stop you.

I'm quite breathless :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
BensGrandad said:
No offense taken. It takes a lot to get me wound up on here.

What is your view are the sides in the Scottish Prem in general better than the CCC?

I would take the view that most of the top half of the Championship could give the Auld Firm and hearts a run for their money. I think the likes of Hibs, Motherwell and Aberdeen would most likely struggle around the mid table area and that the smaller teams would probably find themselves in a relegation dogfight.

Edit: Basically the SPL mirros the CCC but the bottom teams in the SPL would struggle severely.

Last edited:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
dave the gaffer said:
this is all over the Huddersfield Rivals site as well. They are looking to replace Andy Booth.

Seemly he wants to go back to Dallas FC
Huddersfield?!?! Christ,if that's the standard of our competition we may have a chance ;)

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
BensGrandad said:
Are Aberdeen as good or better than CCC bearing in mind we sold Dirk Lehman and he went straight into the Hibs side? Brian Horton sold Holgrove when we were in the bottom division and he went straight into the Hearts side, also most of the players Rix is signing for Hearts are from Oxford or similar. So, is the Scottish Prem outside of Rangers and Celtic better than the CCC?

Well, I am a BIT biased, but I would like to think we could compete in this division, I know our wage bill is on a par with the likes of Norwich as their CEO came to us a few seasons back as Cheif Exec and said so to the local rag.

Rix is signing young players for the future as they can afford £10,000 a week lads for the first team easily now.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If we really have to take a blind punt on someone, then a lad who's been brought up at Man U would surely be ideal.

But you'd imagine there'd be plenty of other clubs who'd feel the same.

If McGhee does land Cooper, I think we'd have to give him a lot of credit for his powers of persuasion (and maybe McShane's too!).

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Beeneys gloves said:
Does Insider know something we dont about this move, he is asked a question about him in the Ask the Club section and his answer is

He is now... and yes Mark knows about him. Cheers.

Last edited by Insider on 31-01-2006 at 15:21

Normally he keeps schtum about such matters, who knows?!

I'm less hopeful after reading that. "He is now"...seems to suggest that MM didn't know Cooper was released from Man U. Which would seem strange if he's been negotiating with him or his agent.

This one's gone away I think :-(

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
trueblue said:
I'm less hopeful after reading that. "He is now"...seems to suggest that MM didn't know Cooper was released from Man U. Which would seem strange if he's been negotiating with him or his agent.

I took that as "...is being released" then insider said "he is now". Meaning he is now released. Still think that we will miss out though, unless the option of first team football sways the deal, a la CKR.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
trueblue said:

You may be right but to be fair even if MM wasnt negotiating with him or his agent and he heard he had been released and liked the sound of him it wouldnt take him 10 minutes to make a few calls and get some opinions. He's probably doing a little bit of work like us ie. checking who has been released, you never know! I really hope we get this guy he sounds ideal and cant be any worse than what we have if he has been at Man U.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here