Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man U release striker

philelc

Dec 3, 2005
Middleton on Sea
Manchester United have parted company with American striker Kenny Cooper.

The powerful centre forward has featured regularly for the reserves at Old Trafford but has always looked some way off first team material.

After loan spells with Academica in Portugal and Oldham Athletic, the 21-year-old is now free to find a new club.

Stateside sources claim FC Dallas could make a move for the youngster but a deal with a lower division side in England is probably more likely.

Cooper's present deal was due to expire at the end of the season, and Sir Alex Ferguson has allowed him extra time to get fixed up with new employers.

He offers a physical presence in attack and is comfortable holding the ball up so there seems little doubt that there will be plenty of interest in his availability.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I know Aberdeen looked at this lad and were WELL impressed but the word is he wanted to stay down south.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
could be one for the future :lolol: :yawn:

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
sounds like the sort of player we were after...

Premiership team = Yes

League 1 experience = Yes (5 games!) 3 goals.

Young = Yes

Available = Yes

Cheap = Yes

Would score 10+ goals this season and become an Albion legend = ????

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
once you have seen a statement saying he has signed for another team half hour later mcgee will say that he tried to sign him but turned us down:censored:

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
Just saw this on Sky Sports and he sounds like he could be great for us... can't see it happening though. :(

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
veade said:
once you have seen a statement saying he has signed for another team half hour later mcgee will say that he tried to sign him but turned us down:censored:

I think thats a tad harsh on McGhee, some of the targets he has gone after actually give me reason to believe that he isnt going to just accept relegation, and that he hasnt fallen into the 'well he wont come to Withdean' trap that the bobblers spout on about 24-7.

If he keeps the faith, one of the targets will come here.

Eventually.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Rougvie said:
I think thats a tad harsh on McGhee, some of the targets he has gone after actually give me reason to believe that he isnt going to just accept relegation, and that he hasnt fallen into the 'well he wont come to Withdean' trap that the bobblers spout on about 24-7.

If he keeps the faith, one of the targets will come here.

Eventually.

I agree, to be fair it was a bit cheeky to ask about raziak! No one was expecting dublin to go to celtic and if he hadnt i think theres a fair chance he would have come here at least until the end of the season. Theres no doubt he's still trying!

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I am not one of Magoo's fans as has been documented. His coaching ability with our GLUT of strikers leaves alot to be desired for example.

BUT I do believe he is trying to get us what we need. Trouble is we have been banging on for so long about how bad withdean is etc etc when actually its alot better than some grounds in the league (maybe not CCC exept for Luton) but definitely League 1, however we have had to say how bad withers is to lend weight to the Falmer argument.

Bang on about it long enough and people will believe without having actually seen it!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Trouble is we have been banging on for so long about how bad withdean is etc etc when actually its alot better than some grounds in the league (maybe not CCC exept for Luton) but definitely League 1, however we have had to say how bad withers is to lend weight to the Falmer argument.

Bang on about it long enough and people will believe without having actually seen it!

Luton is a total dump but if you think its worse than Withdean you need your head examined! For a starters they have more than 1000 seats under a roof, secondly 3/4s of the ground is not made of lego, and you can also hear the crowd.

I can not think of any other grounds (Barnet? Cheltenham?) that are worse than ours in the league.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Albion Dan said:
Luton is a total dump but if you think its worse than Withdean you need your head examined! For a starters they have more than 1000 seats under a roof, secondly 3/4s of the ground is not made of lego, and you can also hear the crowd.

I can not think of any other grounds (Barnet? Cheltenham?) that are worse than ours in the league.

What he said

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Gullsworth said:
What he said

but at least unlike luton we haven't got three million post type things for holding a roof up obscuring the view

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I think a lot of people are FED UP with the facilities arguement, while I agree that money is sometimes a factor, many many clubs train away from their ground, sometimes on playing fields belonging to Universities and even schools, even in the Premiership, I think I read somewhere recently that only 30% or so of clubs have dedicated purpose built training centres.

Falmer is actually not the worst place in the world to train at all.

Although I WORK in Crawley, I would never choose to LIVE their, you could use a similar analogy to Withdean.

I am sure the club do it, but a tour of Brighton on a reasonable day at any time of the year ought to be at least a help on the way to convincing a player to come and live here, after all Withdean may be a shit hole, but Brighton is the best place in England to live. FACT.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Superseagull said:
sounds like the sort of player we were after...

Premiership team = Yes

League 1 experience = Yes (5 games!) 3 goals.

Young = Yes

Available = Yes

Cheap = Yes

Would score 10+ goals this season and become an Albion legend = ????

All good reasons why we won't win the race to sign him..:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here