Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man City launch legal action against Premier League

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
city are a horrible club who represent everything that’s wrong with football and i hope they lose. obviously a petulant tit-for-tat in response to the 115 charges
‘tyranny of the majority’? seriously?? :lolol:

But what do you really think?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So basically an admission of guilt then.

Indeed. 'We haven't broken any rules. But on a totally separate point, we're suing you because we think that the rules that we haven't broken, are unfair on our club.'

If you haven't broken the rules, and you've managed to win an unprecedented 4 titles in a row, what exactly is your problem with the rules?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
They’d obviously prefer an ‘Elite’ team dictatorship, which would mean the death of English football.

Let’s just let them f*** off to their European Super League and kick them out of the domestic game.
Spot on really. And I think if they win this and sue the league that's the end of the Premier League, and probably the end of domestic English football in general.

Half would f*** off to some tik tok streamed Super League funded by oil barons and New York financiers, whilst the other half would need to be re-absorbed into the Football League. Both sets of those clubs would owe hundreds of millions to TV companies and it would likely bankrupt those who weren't part of a new Super League, where those "super clubs" would be fine to cover it with their new windfalls.

The Premier League pretty much have to get through this, and punish City or that's that.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006

Yep, I mentioned elsewhere but imagine being so oblivious to the world you live in that, on £400k a week, you talk about how useful the Saudi money would be.

Don’t most people tend to live to the limit and beyond their salaries? Although it would be hard to do that with the money top footballers earn I accept

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Could be interesting. I refuse to watch any game of football that features Citeh, or Chelsea and Hove Albion. However, if Citeh are involved in a league match on TV against a team like Rotherham, or Dagenham and Redbridge, I might watch it.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The so called top English clubs were crying out for an elite league where they could make as much money as possible promising the highest quality football in the best league in the world, hence the Premier League was born. Along came Leicester and smashed the elite, oh they did not like their elitism challenged.
The Premier league money was not enough to feed the beast, so they duck and dive to keep within rules they initially agreed too, thinking they could not be challenged.
The world is not enough apparently, City and the rest are nothing but rat snakes, the only animal that will attempt and sometimes eat itself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here