Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man City: Gold, Blue, Young Seagulls prioritised

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Are we absolutely sure that Junior Seagulls get priority once the family stand is full? Seems to me only fair that the scheme is only open for seats in the family stand and after that a free for all in the South and North Stands.

Not that I'm particularly bovvered. 3 STHs here for the family stand anyway.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Are we absolutely sure that Junior Seagulls get priority once the family stand is full? Seems to me only fair that the scheme is only open for seats in the family stand and after that a free for all in the South and North Stands.

Not that I'm particularly bovvered. 3 STHs here for the family stand anyway.

Not all Junior Seagulls go into the Family Stand, and therefore are entitled to a priority ticket.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not all Junior Seagulls go into the Family Stand, and therefore are entitled to a priority ticket.

Disagree. If you get a freebie like priority at matches as a junior seagull then it ought to be in the family stand. It's the only stand where there is heavy price reductions and its the logical place to put these fans. Can't see ANYBODY complaining. If kiddies sit elsewhere then a) they already pay higher prices and are likely to be regulars and hence more likely to be STHs, blue or white members.

The club could keep everybody happy by enforcing the family stand rule and ensuring that not all tickets are snapped up by gloryhunters. Also keeps unaccompanied adults out of the family stand.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
The youth should f*** off. Until they're paying £420 a year to sit in the pissing rain they should be at the back of the queue. If they're Family Stand regulars then it's a different story obviously, but the way I read that is that some snotty kid whose never been to an albion game could join the Gully Group for free and then be at the front of the Man City queue.

Anyway, I'm a STH, so I don't really give a shit. Would just rather the tickets went to people like BoF who, despite not being a STH or blue member, is of far more importance to the club.

Maybe important to have them for future of club as someone said, but i agree that they should no way get first shout on tickets

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It seems to me that the Team Stripes / Gully's Gang priority could have been a big mistake and not thought through properly.

I predict carnage.

It seems whatever system the club decide to adopt, they then Exocet it with their next marketing decision.

It reminds me of the sort of joined up thinking that went on at British Rail when I worked there!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
However, I do not buy a ST as it is not convenient to. I normally go with my old man and he attends approximately 12-15 games overall, so it is too much hassle to buy a season ticket for myself and then ensure that we are sitting together etc.

I just feel that there are a proportion of fans that are overlooked. We are still paying £24.50 and I generally end up paying over the odds for my league attendance and then add to that all the cup games. As said before, the way the system is set up, it is my own fault if I miss out. I got over missing out on the Swindon semi, so I will get over missing out on Man City.

Snap !

Not convenient for me to buy a ST either as my mum comes with me and my lad for about the same amount of home games as your dad. Though to be honest I'd snap up a ST for my U10 at £19 but would struggle to stump up for mine anyway.

My lads eyes lit up when we drew Man City but I'm not overly fussed about it myself. More looking forward to Bristol Rovers tomorrow, being 1st home league game of season and all that.

Can we get priority for being stuck in a piss take queue and missing our 1st goal on Tuesday night though ? :cry:
Gutting thing was ( at the time, but I'm over it now ) I had our three tickets sorted well in advance but had to queue due to booking another kids ticket last minute as birthday treat for my lads mate. Mind you, at least we had a rare sing song at Withdean joining in with great gusto to....." You don't know what you're doing !"..........thought there was going to be riot so we did :)

Very pleased with new signings btw :thumbsup:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I booked my tickets for Bristol Rovers today and asked about the Man City game. I was told that if I wanted a ticket I would have to become a Blue member. My lad could get a ticket by becoming a Junior Seagull but that wouldn't get me a ticket.

I have looked on the Seagulls website and that will cost me £30. Now despite seeing 20+ home games last season I don't think I'm 60quid interested in watching Man City reserves so I guess I probably won't get to see the game.
Something is still not quite right that we were among the 4,000+ who suffered some right shite games last season but can't get a ticket for the big games.

I think the £30 blue membership is a liberty and we don't have it on principle. The three of regular family standers are just mere 'White members', and one of us is a junior seagull.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
When the club has this long awaited overhaul of the ticketing system when we get to Falmer the one thing I REALLY want them to implement is a points system. It's the one and only way that you could dish out the tickets for games like Man City fairly.

If the cup tie is at home, then tickets go to those with most home points. If it's away, tickets go to those with most away points. Sorted.

points will be hard to work out?

maybe 23 points for a season ticket (1 point for every home game)
5 points fpr a blue member
1 point for a home game (non season ticket holders)

then for everyone

3 points for a midweek away game
2 points for a weekend away game

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Insider can go forth and right royally f*** off. I give him some of my best ideas to save the Albion from the CARNAGE that will inevitably ensue and he dismisses it out of hand.

Last f***ing time I try and rescue this club from a mess of their own creation. Twats.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
When the club has this long awaited overhaul of the ticketing system when we get to Falmer the one thing I REALLY want them to implement is a points system. It's the one and only way that you could dish out the tickets for games like Man City fairly.

If the cup tie is at home, then tickets go to those with most home points. If it's away, tickets go to those with most away points. Sorted.

I agree entirely.

I won't complain if we miss out on any of the big games for a few season yet though as we're fairly 'new'. I only really got out of my prem armchair and SCR Albion commentaries whilst gardening when my boy became old enough to attend games. I don't want him growing up to be another prem 'fan' numb nuts. We do of course watch MOTD on a very regularly basis though ;)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
points will be hard to work out?

maybe 23 points for a season ticket (1 point for every home game)
5 points fpr a blue member
1 point for a home game (non season ticket holders)

then for everyone

3 points for a midweek away game
2 points for a weekend away game
The points system would still have detractors moaning about various permutations that would favour somebody over another . For example I could go to 12 Saturday away games and have one more point than a STH. I believe that STH's should get top priority for the big games but only entitled to 1 ticket each. After that the remaining tickets should go to a ballot , one application per person for 1 ticket only for those in qualifying schemes. If there are any tickets left due to less applicants than tickets these would go on general sale with ID checks being made.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Good idea on the points system, but how do you cater for away games where it's pay on the gate?

The club could give a 7 day period where you can send to them or show in person a train ticket or petrol station recipt from them place where the away game is.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
A points system for home games would be an absolute doddle. STH should have first priority as they pay for every game in advance. But the club knows exactly how many games my lad and I attended last season and how many everybody else attended. You shouldn't need to spend £30.00 to buy priority to high profile home games.

Away games are a different matter altogether and a bit more thought would be needed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here