Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man City: Gold, Blue, Young Seagulls prioritised

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Season tickets should get priority, every time, for everything.

Without them, there is no club to support. Simple as that.

Spot on . (I am an EX Season Holder)

I believe that they do now get priority anyway.

My son is in the Juniour Seagulls or whatever it's called now, however I am only a 'white' member.

I expect he'll be going on his own!

The interesting thing here is how this match is priced - let's remember this may well be Man City's reserve side - if the club out price the game they will actually have a lot of empty seats.

I would suggest normal League game prices.

at last some sense talked on here......

the yoof may be the future, but I pay my £420 odd squids and DEMAND that I should be given priority....

the yoof should be cleaning my chimney not going to association football games...

but if they're from Mile Oak ?????

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
I hope there is some priority for me as a Brighton supporter who regulary goes to the games over a Man City supporter that lives in Brighton and just fancies a ticket.
Ticket stub for Barnet would do maybe?

I saw a lot of Brighton based Leeds fans in the south stand at our last game with them.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
If the complete Badgers language at matches is in line with his comments on this thread then his season ticket should be withdrawn,this would provide an additional seat for the big game.
I trust those supporters who sit in his area will draw the stewards attention to any outbursts of bad language,which cannot be tolerated particularly when women and children are present.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What I find interesting is that the person (bobzam) who posted the question on " ask the club" actually said -

"Will the fans who went last night to the Barnet game get first option for Man City??

I know we have done this previously for other competitions and I believe this to be fair!!"

The clubs response is fair but the poster was implying that just because he had a ticket stub to the Barnet game (one single match at reduced prices) that he should have first priority over others, many who have spent the best part of £500 up front.

Join the queue mate, behind the gold, blue members etc as this was laid out as the way tickets would be proritised last year!

And incidently, I hold both a season ticket holder and a ticket stub from Tuesday so I am impartial

I was out the country on tuesday, am a STH, but I agree that the fans who went to the Barnet game should have absolute priority :clap:

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
I booked my tickets for Bristol Rovers today and asked about the Man City game. I was told that if I wanted a ticket I would have to become a Blue member. My lad could get a ticket by becoming a Junior Seagull but that wouldn't get me a ticket.

I have looked on the Seagulls website and that will cost me £30. Now despite seeing 20+ home games last season I don't think I'm 60quid interested in watching Man City reserves so I guess I probably won't get to see the game.

Something is still not quite right that we were among the 4,000+ who suffered some right shite games last season but can't get a ticket for the big games.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I booked my tickets for Bristol Rovers today and asked about the Man City game. I was told that if I wanted a ticket I would have to become a Blue member. My lad could get a ticket by becoming a Junior Seagull but that wouldn't get me a ticket.

I have looked on the Seagulls website and that will cost me £30. Now despite seeing 20+ home games last season I don't think I'm 60quid interested in watching Man City reserves so I guess I probably won't get to see the game.

Something is still not quite right that we were among the 4,000+ who suffered some right shite games last season but can't get a ticket for the big games.

It's not right that Junior Seagulls get in before people that pay full price each week to go either! But they have to have some system in place. STH's and Blue Members have an absolute right for first dibs.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
It's not right that Junior Seagulls get in before people that pay full price each week to go either! But they have to have some system in place. STH's and Blue Members have an absolute right for first dibs.

Don't disagree with STHs but think making people pay £30.00 for Blue membership is a bit cheeky. Every time I buy a ticket it is logged on the ticket database so they know exactly who has purchased how many tickets over the course of a season. Priority could then be given to those that have bought the most tickets without charging another 30quid.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Don't disagree with STHs but think making people pay £30.00 for Blue membership is a bit cheeky. Every time I buy a ticket it is logged on the ticket database so they know exactly who has purchased how many tickets over the course of a season. Priority could then be given to those that have bought the most tickets without charging another 30quid.

The thing is, the club can take the piss now with a £30.00 surcharge to cash in on a one-off big match. Fair enough. But people have long memories. And the club will find it much more difficult to market to the same target audience when times are lean.

Maybe an old-skool ballot would be fairer (remember the ballots - it's why many of us became STH in the first place, in order to avoid these, and it's why the Ticket Exchange Forum was originally created)

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

That is a good idea. A points system is a valid suggestion. The flaw in the plan is away supporters who go to lots of away games but can't easily get to home games.

I guess whatever system we can come up with, there will be a section of supporters crying FOUL!.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here