Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Man City accused of breaking EPL financial rules

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Again, it’ll be a fine and they’ll be cleared of the most serious charges.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
They’ll be thankful to their lawyer if they got that. The one they’ve appointed charges 80k per day apparently.
C059E7F5-F67A-4677-86D2-21AC86D4E707.jpeg

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I'm just pleased there could be a top tier Coach available by the summer, just in case anyone was thinking of coming for ours!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Seems many agree with you:

Samuel began his career at Hayters news agency in London. He wrote for several national newspapers in the UK before he settled initially at The Times,[1] where he was named Sports Writer of the Year at the British Press Awards in 2007, and Sports Journalist of the Year at the British Sports Journalism Awards in 2005, 2006 and 2007. He was also Sports Journalist of the Year at the 'What The Papers Say' awards in 2002, 2005 and 2006.[2] He moved to the Daily Mail in 2008,[3] replacing the paper's sports columnist, Paul Hayward, who was returning to The Guardian.

During his time at the Daily Mail, Samuel was again named Sports Journalist of the Year at the British Sports Journalism Awards in 2010 and 2013, Sports Writer of the Year at the British Press Awards in 2013, and Sports Commentator of the Year at the Editorial Intelligence Comment Awards in 2014. In 2012, Samuel was named top in a UK Press Gazette poll of Britain's best sports journalists.[4] In January 2015, he was named in Debrett's List of the 500 Most Influential People in Britain.
Copy and paste of what anyone could see already.

That was all online, it’s been posted in the past.

It doesn’t detract from his relentless defence (with a family interest) of proven corrupt ManC/Mansour. Proven, they’ve had penalties and punishments, escaping the CL ban from a time-barred case once it when to CAS.

Samuel has no moral or ethical backbone. He favours a complete football wild west of corruption, related tax evasion, cheating.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Or maybe it was Qatar Sports Investment expressing their desire to buy into the PL (Liverpool) and
Qatar Investment Authority (QIA), the sovereign wealth fund of the Gulf state, saying they are exploring moving into global sports. Very hard to trace sources of sponsorship and investment into clubs when it comes from overseas conglomerates.
They’re buying ManU and ironically ManU fans are loving it. Unless Ratcliffe is able to stop it.

The Liverpool interest was just the media making things up, they did the same for Tottenham with that fund at the same time.

Unless there’s secret deal in the pipeline?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I will be honest, I am not very financially or business-minded, and having read all that I am still confused.

It must be bad though as dozens of ostriches on the Manchester City forum are claiming forgeries, conspiracy and even state sponsored Russian hackers are responsible…
:ROFLMAO: Yes, I posted it but if honest it reads like an alien language to me. However I take it the ones that mention the small amount of 8m from Etihad was the actual sponsorship,the other 60m? was the dodgy bit as it was a direct owner payment. That is just one instance.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
:ROFLMAO: Yes, I posted it but if honest it reads like an alien language to me. However I take it the ones that mention the small amount of 8m from Etihad was the actual sponsorship,the other 60m? was the dodgy bit as it was a direct owner payment. That is just one instance.
I liked the one line email from the CEO - “this doesn’t look good”. That’s easy to understand! It’s business talk for “oooh f***”

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I will be honest, I am not very financially or business-minded, and having read all that I am still confused.

It must be bad though as dozens of ostriches on the Manchester City forum are claiming forgeries, conspiracy and even state sponsored Russian hackers are responsible…
They’re basically arranging that money from Mansour will reach ManC in carefully orchestrated tranches, some declared honestly as capital injections, the rest via third party companies in Abu Dhabi which they’ll pretend is arms length sponsorship.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
They’re buying ManU and ironically ManU fans are loving it. Unless Ratcliffe is able to stop it.

The Liverpool interest was just the media making things up, they did the same for Tottenham with that fund at the same time.

Unless there’s secret deal in the pipeline?

Yes, got it them wrong way round - we’re are talking about two different business entities here - it’s Qatar Investment Authority (QIA) that is rumoured to be interested in Liverpool (still) but it is Qatar Sports Investment (QSI) that’s interested in Man United - however QSI already own PSG so won’t be able to buy a controlling share of Man U under UEFA rules. FSG (Liverpool) apparently would prefer to hold on to a majority share according to some ‘reports’ whereas QIA is rumoured to be looking for a controlling share in a PL club so it’s likely Liverpool will look at other investors or maybe increased investment from Red Bird Capital.

Qatar Sports Investment consortium is a separate business entity and are a subsidiary of Qatar Investment Authority the Qatar State Sovereign Wealth fund (worth around £370b). Both the QSI and the QIA could both invest in PL but only the QIA can get a controlling share since QSI still owns a controlling share in (Paris St G) PSG.

Clear as mud? That’s Sportswashing and shell company sponsorship and probably money laundering for you 😁

RowZ

Sep 12, 2022
Will be 13-20 points reduction, and some transfer sanctions.
Whether these points deduction can come in before new season depends on lawyers.

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022

It doesn’t detract from his relentless defence (with a family interest) of proven corrupt ManC/Mansour. Proven, they’ve had penalties and punishments, escaping the CL ban from a time-barred case once it when to CAS.

Samuel has no moral or ethical backbone. He favours a complete football wild west of corruption, related tax evasion, cheating.
Would you be able to provide some quotes to back this up?

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022

He's more of a critic of FFP than a defender of Man City as this article illustrates:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, got it them wrong way round - we’re are talking about two different business entities here - it’s Qatar Investment Authority (QIA) that is rumoured to be interested in Liverpool (still) but it is Qatar Sports Investment (QSI) that’s interested in Man United - however QSI already own PSG so won’t be able to buy a controlling share of Man U under UEFA rules. FSG (Liverpool) apparently would prefer to hold on to a majority share according to some ‘reports’ whereas QIA is rumoured to be looking for a controlling share in a PL club so it’s likely Liverpool will look at other investors or maybe increased investment from Red Bird Capital.

Qatar Sports Investment consortium is a separate business entity and are a subsidiary of Qatar Investment Authority the Qatar State Sovereign Wealth fund (worth around £370b). Both the QSI and the QIA could both invest in PL but only the QIA can get a controlling share since QSI still owns a controlling share in (Paris St G) PSG.

Clear as mud? That’s Sportswashing and shell company sponsorship and probably money laundering for you 😁
Genuinely, I can't find links from respected media sources to any Qatari funds taking a minority or majority interest in Spurs or Liverpool. Just tabloid bullshitters or twitter speculators, without a jot of evidence. In the no Red Bird monies ended up with Liverpool, instead AC Milan.

FSG are very private, no one knows what they have planned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here