Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man bags - YES or NO??!!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
sorry - and this is going to sound really WANKY , as everyone says this but - poll?

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
My laptop goes into a rucksack with all the rest of the crap I need and if I am not humping it around a Tesco's bag will do.
Even my DSLR gets the Tesco treatment because MEN DO NOT CARRY HANDBAGS not even Camera bags.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Got a wife to carry everything, if I'm on my own then pockets will do ta very much

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I've got one and it's useful in summer - I have no pockets in my shorts.

I always feel a bit of a tit though

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
As the proud possessor of said accessory I regularly use mine for all the stuff that can't be crammed into your pockets - mobile, camera, diary, keys, notepad, wallet etc etc.

What are the thoughts of NSC'ers on this item?

Seen your man bag and it's f***ing well gay:ohmy: almost as gay as the thread......Shame on you:blush:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's all about size.

To be acceptable it's got to be huge and look like something only a man could possible carry around.

What I find quite disturbing is something that looks like it could only handle a an iphone, a novel and a pair of sunglasses.

On the subject of sunglasses what the f*ck is this fashion for the plastic Timmy Mallet style ones.

SUa6001A-6.jpg

Does anyone on here admit to owning a pair of these monstrosities ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
if were talking record/messenger bag, or sacthel style, then of course. anything else, certainly not. its all about if it looks like it was designed for simple efficient practical carrying purposes or pretentious fashion look.

Yes. I own a couple of satchel-style bags and they are very useful when I'm on my bike (i.e. can't use carrier bags). However, it is imperative that people know how to wear them. I met one of my friends the other week, and he had a bag that looked a bit like a carrier bag, only made out of white cotton, with a shoulder strap on it, and he was wearing it round his neck with the bag in front of his stomach. Bad times :nono:

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
For purely functional purposes you cannot go wrong with a man bag! I have one and i almost feel naked when not with it. :blush:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
On the subject of sunglasses what the f*ck is this fashion for the plastic Timmy Mallet style ones.

That's nothing compared to these monstrosities

img-thing

One question, why?
Do people like walking around with a bbq grill covering each eye?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here