Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Male - Any Mid Life Crises Out There ?.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Who has had a mid life crisis ?. What age were you and what did it entail.

A new sports car ?.
Fulfilling the desire to buy a motorbike you never achieved as a teenager ?
Shagging the secretary ?
Running off with someone half your age ?
Going on a long vacation abroad to " find yourself " ?
Giving up your job to look after Sheep in Wales ?
ANO

All of the above.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
50-finding it impossible to text using both hands on a mobile and finding it more fun to cause as much damage as possible to the cars on Colin Mcrae X-box than competing!:blush:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Think i have haf an early thirties crisis. Split up with the wife as well as buying a Audi A4 convertible and bedding a bird from work.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Not really a mid life crisis (although everyone thinks it was) but for my 40th I went out with the intention of buying a sports car and ended up with a fast saloon (and never regretted it until I smashed it up).
Been married 15 years and never been tempted to play away (probably because I'm such an ugly bastard)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
not yet, but i hope to have a nice car a dabble with someone halve my age when i get there:blush:

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Was 41 this year and haven't a "crisis" yet, and to be honest, can't imagine I will, life is pretty peachy the way it is :wink:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Done all of that. Apart from the sheep of course. I didn't notice any crises though. :smokin:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Sort of ....

At 47, having done the corporate thing (free overtime, late evenings, deadlines met) it finally dawned on me that I was being shafted.

I took the offer of voluntary severence and walked away from a "safe" £60k, life cover, health insurance, company car / fuel etc a coupe of years back.

Switched to the dark side - IT contractor - but only work 6-9 months each year. Take the summer off and do nothing except coach, watch & play cricket, plus a few rounds of golf chucked in and lying in the garden if/when the sun shines.

Can't give up work completely as I still have a couple of years left on the mortgage but I now consider myself semi-retired at 49 ....

Sure I get the urge to knob-off with everything in a skirt half my age but I'm getting the idea thats what happens to chaps at my age.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Do you only have a mid life crisis if you've forgotten to have fun along the way?

Means different things to different people I guess and might have nothing to do with partying - you might feel like a career change realising you can't possibly do another 25 years sitting in the same office with the same bunch of boring fucktards as you only get one life and human beings weren't put on this planet to sit in offices for 45 years in the first place.

:thumbsup:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Don't think I'm having a mid life crisis but in the last few months I have felt the need to buy gadgets like a sat nav, new digital camara, touch screen phone and bluetooth hands free set for the car. None of these would have interested me in the past. Might be the happy pills or the fact I hit 45 next week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here