Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Male - Any Mid Life Crises Out There ?.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not sure if it counts as a crisis, but a couple of weeks ago I went into town with the intention of buying what we old bastards used to call drainpipe jeans. Found some seriously cool looking grey stonewash type things and went to try them on.

After 5 minutes trying to get the bloody things on, I looked in the mirror, and it was at that point I realised that 44 year old blokes really shouldn't be wearing skinny jeans. My legs looked like 2 of Bramptons finest pork sausages. :blush:

I went a bought a nice straight legged pair from Next.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Means different things to different people I guess and might have nothing to do with partying

Yeah agreed, I didn't exactly mean partying but more just having fun in general...doing stuff, going places, instead of trudging between work and the sofa....

Why is it though that men have MLC's and not so much women?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Not sure if it counts as a crisis, but a couple of weeks ago I went into town with the intention of buying what we old bastards used to call drainpipe jeans. Found some seriously cool looking grey stonewash type things and went to try them on.

After 5 minutes trying to get the bloody things on, I looked in the mirror, and it was at that point I realised that 44 year old blokes really shouldn't be wearing skinny jeans. My legs looked like 2 of Bramptons finest pork sausages. :blush:

Funnily enough you're probaby one of the only people I know who could get away with wearing them! You should see some of the clothes Zef still has that he harbours hopes of wearing (sta-prest etc.) :lol::lol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
A new sports car ? Done it
Fulfilling the desire to buy a motorbike you never achieved as a teenager ? Had one as a teenager
Shagging the secretary ? Always had ugly secretaries (and they speak very highly of me !)
Running off with someone half your age ? Not yet
Going on a long vacation abroad to " find yourself " ? Done it
Giving up your job to look after Sheep in Wales ? Not yet

So I only need to shag a sheep half my age in Wales and I've got the full set before i'm 50 :thumbsup:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Why is it though that men have MLC's and not so much women?

Its a good question.

Personally, I think it is to do with kids and the responsibilities that they bring. No-one really prepares a father for what is going to happen when children come along. So while the mother is going through all of these physical and emotional changes during and after pregnancy, the man is not and he is not necessarily prepared for the dramatic effect it will have on his life. Some men can cope with it, some cannot. All sounds very simplistic and I'm sure that there is more to it than that, but I honestly cannot think of anything else, other than boredom.

My wife and I are both in our early 40's with 2 kids and I certainly was not prepared for what was going to happen after we had children - not that I have gone astray or anything like that!! My wife has hit the menopause early and if anyone is in a position to have a mid life crisis then it is her!!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

To be fair , no man should wear skinny jeans or those crappy plimsols. World gone soft !

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Nearly made it to 40 - left my wife for a work-mate, bought a V12 sports car, gave up my job to do some teaching and run a small business. Nearly 10 years on and I'm still with my new lady, gave up the sports cars for a supercharged mini van and gone back to my old job.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
There I was thinking " No hadn't done any of the stereotypical MLC actions"
Then realised I was sitting on my sofa in Spain! This isn't where I've come to "find" myself, I just got fed up of London. I have aspirations of going to Argentina & Uruguay (where I have always wanted to get a place on the beach with some land to grow stuff ) to "find" myself.

I also think to that list of MLC actions will be those who get themselves a home studio for their fulfillment of their chart topping dreams too. That's got to be my one.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Got to 40 working in private sector all my life as an accountant. Hated the corporate world, the backstabbing, todaying, total lack of ethics, compassion and humanity.

Walked out, too a 30% pay cut, started work at uni, sold my car and bought a bike because I could not afford to run it , took all my suits to the charity shop and have loved every minute of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here