Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Making NSC non-shit

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
It's not the board.
Personally I think every thread should be countered with a snipe or abusive comment.
Keep things consistently bitchy and then the real bitchiness gets lost in the madness.
Remove peoples thread starting ability if they consistently turn out shite.

Instead of Banning people have a special section where they are allowed to post but not the main board.

Things get taken far to seriously nowadays.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I only ever get annoyed at NSC when it crashes - which even now is all too frequently, even if not for very long at any given time.

The bickering is merely a by-product of having loads to talk about in the absence of any Albion WINS to talk about. And Frank's COVVERS thread is worth the entrance fee alone. :)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
One big thing springs to mind - Get rid of the post count. It just encourages people to spout shitely little smart ass comments and in-jokes in order to improve their Top 100 ranking.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Maybe if the mods didnt have double standards just because they dont like someone.

Myself and Danny got yellow carded for doing the same as around 5 or 6 people did and we were the only two, a lord b

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
No keep the post count because the more posts you have the better person you must be and more seriously you must be taken!

:lolol:

To be honest this board hasn't changed much at all in YEARS! Everyone has always moaned about it like everyone moans about the Albion. Thing is we still follow the Albion and we still read NSC!

:clap2:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
There isnt actually much wrong with it, in fact I would go as far as saying its a hell of a lot more proffesionally run that the vast majority of football message boards.

However, it has been hijacked by a SMALL minority that believe it is wrong to question the club, players and mangement on any issue, somewhere along the line the whole reason that football message boards started appearing in the first place (erm, for reasoned debate between people with a common interest) has been forgotten about and the opinions have become more and more polarised.

The last banning was just a complete joke, why someone gets banned for pointing out the truth was beyond me, its only a few years ago that Butters was derided by most in here, now he is some kind of demi god that cannot even be called into question when he has a bad game, the hero worship that he and his missus gets in here is sickening, fair play to them for coming on here, but they gotta take the rough with the smooth, just like in everyday life.

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
I suggest GUEST MODERATORS. We could have elections in the run up, then the winner gets to be mod for a week.

For example, I would ban anyone with more that 2000 posts temporarily, just to ensure they can get outside and meet real people...

Also, we should have special days where only a select few can post threads, but we can all reply... Im thinking an entire day of Kev The Ape and 1066Seagull threads...

How can it fail?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Lammy said:
No keep the post count because the more posts you have the better person you must be and more seriously you must be taken!

:lolol:

To be honest this board hasn't changed much at all in YEARS! Everyone has always moaned about it like everyone moans about the Albion. Thing is we still follow the Albion and we still read NSC!

:clap2:

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

But can't we get a room for Danny and Kinky - maybe call it the kindergarden ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here