Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Making NSC non-shit

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is NSC shit, or shitter than it once was?

Regardless - how do we make it better than it currently is?

There seems to be a lot of bickering and sniping etc that pisses people off. We can put a stop to that by yellow carding (which restricts rights on the board) and/or banning (for cooling off periods) - but often this sort of action generates more trouble than existed in the first place.

We could split the board out into something like:

The Albion
Football
Other Sport
Everything else

(although various polls over the years have shown this not be a preferred action)

What else could we do - open to suggestions as it is the users that make (or break) any messageboard...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Whats the point? the people that moan about it being shit are boring as they dont have any real opinion then moan at people that do.

Also if you dont want to read about racism in oz or spurs or whatever. DONT OPEN THE THREAD WITH THOSE WORDS IN THE TITLE, its not rocket science :dunce:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Lokki 7 said:
Leave it. If people don't like it, they can sign up to 1066 seagulls new improved version.

:dunce:
Or Always Skint or Brighton Fans.

:dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

It seems to go in phases - and the bad phase seem to be when the team underperform.

You'll struggle to get a consensus here. I think the Yellow Card Scheme is a good one but not to be over used. On the flipside, you will get the free speech brigade jumping up and down and calling you a Nazi.

The sad part is, we have 2 other boards that would take away some of the problems if used correctly. NSP is a place where the unfazeable can gather and talk about flids, spazs and the like without fear of upsetting anyone. Brightonfans is a sort of youngster friendly optimistic kind of place where you can talk football in a calm manner. NSC should be a middle ground where people can discuss their team and general miscellania without extremes being involved. Most stuff on here is near the knuckle but can be ignored by people who aren't interested. The flare ups occur when people go out of their way to offend - either with personal attacks (The recent attacks on Yorkie, Race/Guy etc) or with 'taboo' subjects (Paedophilia, Disabilities, Racism, Homophobia etc). Stamp that out and the board would be more mellow. But would it still be NSC? Who knows.

At the end of the day, whatever you decide will please some and upset others. Rather you than me.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Get rid of that Christmas logo and all will be good once more.

I don't think you need this yellow card bullshit. If someone steps out of line, tell them to stop, if they don't, ban them for a bit. Seems simple enough to me.

I'd still love to see the post counts removed though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here