Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Making an atmosphere at Withdean?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Caveman said:
Thats not totally true, an atmosphere will raise the team. You watch during any game when the support gets right behind the team, you'll notice certain players look up and are gee'd on by the noise, they try and raise the players around them.

Wasn't the Leeds manager who said the crowd were like a twelve man during that game? The idea is to get the atmosphere built just in time for kick off and keep it going.

There is no excuse for anyone not to sing. If someone around you starts a chant - join in. It's not hard. No matter how poor the game is, it will work I can assure you.

It also helped that the referee was a complete tosser. Believe you me he was respondible for the withdean 'faithful' to start shouting. If Durso wasnt such a cahunt there would have been the usual resignation around withdean and leeds probably would have won.

It didnt at Burnley. I got the impression people thought we were down so they didnt join in chants and I hate to say it but the players were playing like it was a pre season friendly. Probably with the exception of Ninja El Abd and Lynch.

Last edited:

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Caveman said:

Wasn't the Leeds manager who said the crowd were like a twelve man during that game? The idea is to get the atmosphere built just in time for kick off and keep it going.

The problem is that untill kick off people are still coming into the ground, would be good if we could time it just right. As the teams come out? Or as we kick off? What would be the best time?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Uncle Buck said:
Maybe they could chase a crippled turkey called Gobbles?
timmynew7lf.th.jpg

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I emailed Andy Naylor yesterday, and here's his response:

Thanks Jim.
Great minds and all that! Coincidentally, I was thinking post-Coventry that it might be time for the Argus to drum up support again. I don't know what form this will take and whether something can be put together in time for Leicester. I cannot make any promises but, rest assured, it is on our agenda.
I am certain we would all much rather be going to the Stadium of Light next season than Saltergate!

mindyjaja

May 9, 2004
There are some reaonsably priced inflatables on this site:-

INFLATABLES

Could be worth a punt...

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Don't be so ridiculous. Inflatables???? You could have someone's eye out with them. Never get past the stewards.

And you think I'm joking?

mindyjaja

May 9, 2004
Start at the beginning of the thread........been done !!

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
For starters we have GOT to sell this match out.
Leicester have done their bit and sold out the away end.

Lets forget all about the recent negativity and concentrate on getting fully behind the lads on Saturday right from the kick off.
We know it can be done - the atmosphere against Swindon in the play offs was superb, lets try and re-create it.

wagsforever

Sep 13, 2004
One problem is the music before the match it doesn't let an atmopshere build naturally.

If the club ditched it for one game would make a difference

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
wagsforever said:
One problem is the music before the match it doesn't let an atmopshere build naturally.

I couldn't disagree more. Some rousing tunes can only help.

mindyjaja

May 9, 2004
wagsforever said:

I agree with you, I have often thought as a fan it is not too bad but as a player would I want to warm up to the music - not exactly "eye of the tiger" is it !!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
mindyjaja said:
I agree with you, I have often thought as a fan it is not too bad but as a player would I want to warm up to the music - not exactly "eye of the tiger" is it !!
Except when it is. ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here