Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Making an atmosphere at Withdean?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The whole of the crowd needs to get behind the team. If you can build up a barrage of noise half an hour before kick off this can continue throughout the match. The bobble hat brigade need to shout as well instead of murmuring - get them to remember what it was like at the Goldstone thirty years ago, you knew there was an atmosphere in the ground when you could hear the Chicken Run and the West Stand together from the North Stand.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
seagullsovergrimsby said:
The whole of the crowd needs to get behind the team. If you can build up a barrage of noise half an hour before kick off this can continue throughout the match. The bobble hat brigade need to shout as well instead of murmuring - get them to remember what it was like at the Goldstone thirty years ago, you knew there was an atmosphere in the ground when you could hear the Chicken Run and the West Stand together from the North Stand.

Won't happen 30 mins before kick-off, but can certainly start when the teams come onto the pitch. I am not a natural cheerleader, and don't want to look a prat in front of the whole of E Block by starting a song which no-one else joins in on. So, I am seeking strength in numbers by trying to rope in other E Blockers who sit near me - the idea is that we all agree to join in as soon as one of us starts a song!! I suggest everyone on NSC who doesn't sit with a bunch of natural cheerleaders does the same :)

wagsforever

Sep 13, 2004
dougdeep said:
I couldn't disagree more. Some rousing tunes can only help.
Yes but the tunes don't let the atmosphere build itself.

They turn off just before kick off and people aren't chanting ect.

No build up music let's the crowd get it going

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Let's all hope we don't go 1-0 down after five minutes then... cos all the balloons in all the world won't stop the snarling

THPP, Party Pooper :down:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Wear your kilt Tom. We all need a laugh.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tom Hark said:
Let's all hope we don't go 1-0 down after five minutes then... cos all the balloons in all the world won't stop the snarling

THPP, Party Pooper :down:

That's what the PP stands for :jester:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I get the feeling we're not as organised as we could be:

- No beach balls/inflatables
- No one knows where the giant flag is
- Not many other commitments to actually DO anything

Or am I being pessimistic?

I will definitely have the balloons, though.

CoventrySeagull

Jul 7, 2003
Back in HANGLETON
I don't give a **** what everyone else thinks, I'm going to the game tomorrow to get behind the lads and try to give them my full support - whatever happens on the pitch!!!

Anyone in Block D (RHS of steps) who wishes to join in, please do!!

SEAAAAAA-GULLSSSSSSSSSS!!

Albion, Albion, Albion, ALBION!!

WE ARE BRIGHTON, SUPER BRIGHTON, FROM THE SOUTH!!

La, La, La, La-la-lahhhhh, BRIGHTON!!

COME ON!!!!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
airhorns are loud enough to get the chants going and we definitely need some drums.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
No drums.

We have taken the piss out of teams like Reading and Orient over this, there is no way we can have drums.

Drums and bands are dreadful.
a few officially endorsed fan "leaders" (each with their own platform and megaphone), traditional chanting with lots of clapping, airhorns and a bit of scarf/flag/balloon display are all that would be required to revolutionise the home atmosphere...

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The weather should be good anyway so that will help. Have we sold out yet?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Moshe Gariani said:
a few officially endorsed fan "leaders" (each with their own platform and megaphone), traditional chanting with lots of clapping, airhorns and a bit of scarf/flag/balloon display are all that would be required to revolutionise the home atmosphere...

I do see where you are coming from, but I guess chanting has always been a sort of spontaneous thing. The problem with Withdean is you old northstanders mixed in with people who used to sit in the West or South Stands and they tend not to be singers etc.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
I do see where you are coming from, but I guess chanting has always been a sort of spontaneous thing. The problem with Withdean is you old northstanders mixed in with people who used to sit in the West or South Stands and they tend not to be singers etc.
agreed about "the problem"... but the old West and South stands did used to roar quite well and would join in with the standard chants on occasion... i reckon if the blokes with the megaphones were willing to stick to the traditional fare then they would get a lot of people joining in...the spontanaeity (sp?) issue is also interesting - you don't want anything plastic - but the example i saw in germany just didn't feel like that and the megaphone just means a wider block of people can hear the chant starting and join in...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here