Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Major and Nasty looking incident along Preston Road by Viaduct

D

Deleted User X18H

Some poor sod has been knocked down and looks in a very bad way.

Multiple emgerency services at incident.

Road closed from Preston Circus to Stanford Avenue. Traffic chaos.

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
that road has always been busy and bad for pedestrians hope he is OK

D

Deleted User X18H

Could possibly be a jumper from the Viaduct poor bastard!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Have you ever thought of applying for a job as a local newsreader? Only you seem to quite regularly take it upon yourself to update us all (and speculate dramatically) about the details of every vaguely life threatening incident across the entire Brighton & Hove area.

What do you do, pedal round the city on a bike all day looking for things to rubberneck at?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Have you ever thought of applying for a job as a local newsreader? Only you seem to quite regularly take it upon yourself to update us all (and speculate dramatically) about the details of every vaguely life threatening incident across the entire Brighton & Hove area.

What do you do, pedal round the city on a bike all day looking for things to rubberneck at?

bit like the local bobbies then ......................oops sorry they don't use bikes now ......do they?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
bit like the local bobbies then ......................oops sorry they don't use bikes now ......do they?

Yes.

Your point?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
We have PCSO's here, out on the streets Glas.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Here's your answer

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/8399287.Motorcyclist_injured_in_Brighton_collision/

A motorcyclist has been hurt in a road accident.

The motorcyclist collided with a pick up truck in Preston Road, Brighton, just before midday.

A spokesman for Sussex Police said the rider was thought to have a serious arm injury but added that his injuries were not thought to be life threatening.

He is currently receiving medical treatment and is expected to be taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital by ambulance shortly.

The northbound A23 has been closed from St Peter's Palce.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
We have PCSO's here, out on the streets Glas.

the only time we might see them is if theres a major incident like youngsters hitting a tree at 100mph when quite honestly its to late.
we have had a young lad speeding around the villages on a motor bike for several years and last month he was found in a ditch after hitting a tree both bike and boy were apparently unrecognizable.
everybody knew who he was yet it still happened, I would like to think that if there was a patrol car around they might have dissuaded him from his inevitable path and as things are it can only get worse
do you think that if I suggested to the government they might save a huge amount if they put all urban bobbies on bikes with patrol car back-up and upped the rural patrols they would listen ...........I doubt it ....but the income from fines for speeding through rural areas would surely go some way to making it viable

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
the only time we might see them is if theres a major incident like youngsters hitting a tree at 100mph when quite honestly its to late.
we have had a young lad speeding around the villages on a motor bike for several years and last month he was found in a ditch after hitting a tree both bike and boy were apparently unrecognizable.
everybody knew who he was yet it still happened, I would like to think that if there was a patrol car around they might have dissuaded him from his inevitable path and as things are it can only get worse
do you think that if I suggested to the government they might save a huge amount if they put all urban bobbies on bikes with patrol car back-up and upped the rural patrols they would listen ...........I doubt it ....but the income from fines for speeding through rural areas would surely go some way to making it viable

The problem is simple numbers though, I don't know what the score is where you live, but it can't be that different to Sussex. The chief officers love to have PCs out on foot patrol, but in real terms they're a luxury because it actually has little impact on crime: all it does is influence public confidence and reduce the fear of crime. If I'm about to rob a jewellers and I see a PC walking down the street, all I'll do is wait until they go around the corner, give it ten minutes, and then do it anyway.

Somewhere like Crawley, you might (on a good day) have eight to ten PCs on a section on duty at any one time to cover the whole area. Stick two or three on foot patrol, leaving you with seven because the ones out on foot are realistically only going to be able to deal with things in the immediate vicinity. A simple shoplifter resulting in an arrest will instantly use up two or three more, what with custody procedures and taking statements etc, and you're down to four to deal with everything else that comes in that shift: every road accident, however minor, every domestic, theft, robbery, car break, pub fight and so on. That's before any of them even look at their own crime reports (ie the same sort of incidents that they've picked up the previous day and still have enquiries to make), or attend incidents that have been reported overnight but weren't graded as emergencies.

So while the top brass would LOVE to have half their teams walking around the towns and villages, providing visible reassurance to the communities, on a practical basis, it's rarely going to happen. Especially not in the villages, where there is far less crime anyway and from where it's a long old poke to the likely locations of 999 calls.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Here's your answer

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/8399287.Motorcyclist_injured_in_Brighton_collision/

A motorcyclist has been hurt in a road accident.

The motorcyclist collided with a pick up truck in Preston Road, Brighton, just before midday.

A spokesman for Sussex Police said the rider was thought to have a serious arm injury but added that his injuries were not thought to be life threatening.

He is currently receiving medical treatment and is expected to be taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital by ambulance shortly.

The northbound A23 has been closed from St Peter's Palce.

well that's buggered up HB&B's latest blog then, his "kite surfer caught by a freak wind knocked off the viaduct by a passing train right in front of a bus" story will have to be shelved

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The problem is simple numbers though, I don't know what the score is where you live, but it can't be that different to Sussex. The chief officers love to have PCs out on foot patrol, but in real terms they're a luxury because it actually has little impact on crime: all it does is influence public confidence and reduce the fear of crime. If I'm about to rob a jewellers and I see a PC walking down the street, all I'll do is wait until they go around the corner, give it ten minutes, and then do it anyway.

Somewhere like Crawley, you might (on a good day) have eight to ten PCs on a section on duty at any one time to cover the whole area. Stick two or three on foot patrol, leaving you with seven because the ones out on foot are realistically only going to be able to deal with things in the immediate vicinity. A simple shoplifter resulting in an arrest will instantly use up two or three more, what with custody procedures and taking statements etc, and you're down to four to deal with everything else that comes in that shift: every road accident, however minor, every domestic, theft, robbery, car break, pub fight and so on. That's before any of them even look at their own crime reports (ie the same sort of incidents that they've picked up the previous day and still have enquiries to make), or attend incidents that have been reported overnight but weren't graded as emergencies.

So while the top brass would LOVE to have half their teams walking around the towns and villages, providing visible reassurance to the communities, on a practical basis, it's rarely going to happen. Especially not in the villages, where there is far less crime anyway and from where it's a long old poke to the likely locations of 999 calls.

this what makes me sad ....and we now have a government who would usually increase the police numbers and its going to decrease them.
we always had the same old story in the prison service particularly with the government of this persuasion lock em up and throw away the key ....yes thats alright if you have somewhere to lock them up in and please don't get me on the privatization of prisons or the police force if that happens we are on the road to anarchy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here